U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 04:44 PM

25,982 posts, read 13,498,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
what they see when they look into the mirror of God's Word (the Bible alone) determines how one does as opposed to the other.

A heathen rejects the true God
  • which prior to the written Word, they rejected when God spoke directly
  • which when God spoke directly to OT Prophets\ NT writers and he had them write down (which now is the Bible ... nothing else)
  • which today anyone who contradicts the written word which God had people penned i.e. the Bible
A heathen rejects God's will for them
  • which leads them to practice superstitions (humanism\ false religions \ cults\ atheists\ agnostics )
A heathen can live as morally pure as can be, but without faith, their humanistic morality means nothing
Thanks. I'm quite aware of how you think. But I was asking ShepardMaster (though colour me unsurprised if he agrees with you.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 06:57 PM

183 posts, read 140,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks. I'm quite aware of how you think. But I was asking ShepardMaster (though colour me unsurprised if he agrees with you.)

Two weeks ago family came to visit, all sisters of my mother including the widow of my late uncle. They were all wearing crosses, all four of them. The crosses contained the ashes of my uncle.

So, IOWs, they are wearing a dead man around their necks.

Burning of the dead is a pagan practice, wearing crucifixes is a pagan practice, getting drunk like the old bar hags they are is a pagan practice.....and I could go on.

No, I had little to nothing to say to them.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 PM

25,982 posts, read 13,498,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
Two weeks ago family came to visit, all sisters of my mother including the widow of my late uncle. They were all wearing crosses, all four of them. The crosses contained the ashes of my uncle.

So, IOWs, they are wearing a dead man around their necks.

Burning of the dead is a pagan practice, wearing crucifixes is a pagan practice, getting drunk like the old bar hags they are is a pagan practice.....and I could go on.

No, I had little to nothing to say to them.
Ah, so heathens are human.

Thanks for the explanation.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 PM

20,469 posts, read 9,876,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdMaster View Post
Just read the bible, accept what is in front of you, take nothing away and add nothing to it.
They have turned an age into an eternity and reduced salvation to only a few; adding and taking away from the truth.
But man cannot comprehend the existence of error, when too deeply immersed in it. Which doesn't come as a surprise.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,913,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
A heathen rejects God's will for them
  • which leads them to practice superstitions (humanism\ false religions \ cults\ atheists\ agnostics )
A heathen can live as morally pure as can be, but without faith, their humanistic morality means nothing
What, exactly, is the difference between the two words in bold?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 PM

20,469 posts, read 9,876,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
What, exactly, is the difference between the two words in bold?
Irrational fear!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or