U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:16 PM

264 posts, read 286,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph1982 View Post
Hello, I have an unusual question that is on my mind. I have always attended Church and prayed to God for guidance and also thanked him for all of my blessings including health of my family. Back in March of this year we had a number of issues that occurred to my family. My wife found out she would be losing her job at the end of the year, my youngest daughter was in a minor car accident, my oldest daughter had stomach surgery and I found out my employer will probably relocate in two years. I became very bitter and discouraged. I decided not to attend Church anymore, stopped praying and became distant from God. This is no one's fault but my own. In September I felt some pain in my knee and found out that I would need knee surgery in October. I was informed I will be out for 8 weeks and having time alone at home resting and having quiet time I started to ask myself this question... Did God have this happen so I would become close to him again? I know it is a reach but if there are any pastors or deeply religious Christians on this message board please let me know your opinion. Thank You!
Never give up on God. We all go through tests and trials of our faith and your only move should be CLOSER to God so that He sees that you will not let anything separate you from Him or His Word. Remember the Lord chastens whom he loves to produce good fruit in us and this may mean pruning off of us people or things that are not good for us. God closes doors, but if we remain faithful and do not fall away, He will open the one He wants you to go through. Never give up for your confidence in God, for He is not a man that He should lie. Your faith is of great worth to God, greater than gold He says.
Enter His presence with lots of Thankfulness and praise then ask Him to keep you far from evil, meaning coming from you or to you, and to reveal to you what is holding up your blessings from flowing.
Ask Him to use you to for His good and to keep working in you to mold you into the image He wants you to be. The more we conform to the image of Christ, the nicer life becomes, just always be thankful in all things. God loves that!
Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
KJV

Heb 10:35-39
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
KJV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM

17,711 posts, read 10,735,293 times
Quote:
Hello, I have an unusual question that is on my mind. I have always attended Church and prayed to God for guidance and also thanked him for all of my blessings including health of my family. Back in March of this year we had a number of issues that occurred to my family. My wife found out she would be losing her job at the end of the year, my youngest daughter was in a minor car accident, my oldest daughter had stomach surgery and I found out my employer will probably relocate in two years. I became very bitter and discouraged. I decided not to attend Church anymore, stopped praying and became distant from God. This is no one's fault but my own. In September I felt some pain in my knee and found out that I would need knee surgery in October. I was informed I will be out for 8 weeks and having time alone at home resting and having quiet time I started to ask myself this question... Did God have this happen so I would become close to him again? I know it is a reach but if there are any pastors or deeply religious Christians on this message board please let me know your opinion. Thank You!
No He didn't. Plus turning to God for a "selfish" (Not a negative meaning, just a self centered one) reason VS love of Him is also of little value. Even wanting to be saved, and not loving God, is not gonna work.

This does not mean you can't draw close to Him, and He to you, but the motive is key.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:03 PM

6,438 posts, read 9,988,188 times
No it is not in God's will for you to be in pain. Life happens. But you probably made things worse by speaking into existence further bad things into your life. This is an age old pattern many people have done. When things are going bad or rough in their lives, they reinforce it by saying things like "Omg. Things are so terrible in my life right now!" or "Can things possibly get any worse?!" and just complaining and speaking negative things into existence further making those things happen. The power of life and death is in the tongue. Speak and declare healing and provision over your life. Take back the atmosphere from the devil.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:38 PM

289 posts, read 426,666 times
Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions and your opinions. I appreciate all of you! murph

Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,437,930 times
Quote:
Bad things happen to good people and God never abandons humans, humans abandon God and blame God for all the bad things that happen when it is not God doing those things, it is other humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or