Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 02:28 PM

535 posts, read 967,132 times

Advertisements

Defender of The Faith was the title conferred by Pope Leo X on King Henry VIII, October 11, 1521. The title was awarded King Henry for his pamphlet entitled, Declaration of the Seven Sacraments Against Martin Luther. When Henry broke with the Catholic Church the designation was deprived him. In 1544, the Parliament restored the title to Henry and each successor to the throne bears that title.

At her coronation in 1953, Queen Elizabeth swore to "uphold the laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel, maintain the Protestant reformed religion established by law and reserve the settlement of the Church of England."

If and when Prince Charles becomes King of England he has stated he will change the title to Defender of The Faiths, to reflect the multicultural and multifaiths of today’s society.

Society is causing many to rethink and question what our forefathers were willing to die for to protect and preserve. Political correctness and tolerance trumps religious conviction.

We've become Caspar Milquetoast Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 07:21 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
I can't imagine that you would want a British King to be the "Defender of the Christian Faith" and not allow people to have freedom of religion. Also if you are suggesting that our American forefathers fought and died to defend Christianity, I beg to differ.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:14 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I can't imagine that you would want a British King to be the "Defender of the Christian Faith" and not allow people to have freedom of religion. Also if you are suggesting that our American forefathers fought and died to defend Christianity, I beg to differ.

Great post. I'm sorry that I connected your screen name with that murderous couple on Investigation Discovery, Heartsong. LOL.

You have a lot of insight to offer.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Great post. I'm sorry that I connected your screen name with that murderous couple on Investigation Discovery, Heartsong. LOL.

You have a lot of insight to offer.
There was a couple called the Heartsongs on ID wasn't there? The man killed his wife, right? I haven't seen ID in a good while since we dropped our CABLE some 6 months ago. I found that channel rather addictive. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just didn't agree with the point of view of the original post OR I may not have understood the point.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:37 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The Monarchy of UK has for hundreds of years consecrated their position to a kingship of Jesus Christ , and even recently Prince Charles did penitence through the church to Jesus Christ because of the separation from Princess Diana , then a remarriage , so he could still remain heir to the throne through the eyes of Jesus Christ , and the heart of the church...............See even the Union Jack of UK is three Christian cross blended together in union..............So as this Monarch were to water down their posture to the provision of Jesus Christ for the Kingdom of the UK than the faith could be lost and the Monarch could also be lost with no provision from God because of faithlessness ,............. One example is the old France Monarch which turned its back on Jesus before the French Revolution on 1775 in favor of libertarianism and then the Monarch became obsolete ............. Then there are some veterans of Wars in the western nations who do come together on 11 month November 11 at 11 AM, to remember and give the Gory to God ........Still libertarianism against Jesus Christ has watered down faith for provision from God in resent years as we see dryness of climate change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity