U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM

668 posts, read 574,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
There has been a lot of talk mainly among non believers about contradictions in the Bible. I am not familiar with all of the alleged contradictions, but they are definitely out there. The most reasonable conclusion that I could come to is that we don't fully understand some things due to multiple translations, and changing vernacular. Does anyone have any insight as to why there are thought to be contradictions in the Bible?
While I am sure there are translations that have made changes from the scripture I don't think that is the reason some people think there are contradictions in God's word. I have a list I use, of 104 contradictions from scripture to help people understand the different dispensations and how to Rightly Divide the word of truth. When you try and combine the messages to different peoples and at different times or dispensation, you will end up thinking there are contradictions. In fact it's much like the speed limit on the Interstate highway. It was once 55mph and today it is 70mph. Which is right? Well the answer is both are right. That is they are right for the time they are in effect. Same with scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 PM

8,143 posts, read 7,143,498 times
Language translation contradiction are minimal if you have Jesus Holy Spirit on your table before the Lord , even though some Bible have been watered down in faith of God Words where better translation are easier to believe , ......... the old Spanish Bible was severely watered down and all fear of God was actually removed for 500 years , but they have better bible in Spanish today.... Then I have heard that the Chinese bible remove the whole book of Revelations in their legal bible .............. The New Living Bible rejects the sin of pride and makes pride to be a good thing ????................ Same with The Message Bible is best to trash it if you got one ................ Still there are major contradiction in that Natal History from Luke compared to Matthew , which is Not an language contradiction , but believers need to take to the Lord over that one if your aught is to strong , and the Lord will straighten you out in clarity ....... See the Lord is not a fan of devaluing the scriptures , so clarity is preferred ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity