Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 03:30 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
You would have to kill all of our children and Christians employed to keep it out. You will never stop it. God is greater than you.
Religion belongs in churches and the home... Not in public places.

Taliban adherents like religion to be everywhere. Do you think that is right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 PM

668 posts, read 690,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Religion belongs in churches and the home... Not in public places.

Taliban adherents like religion to be everywhere. Do you think that is right?
If you severe God it goes everywhere. Christianity is most needed in all public places especially schools and government. There are many of us who take it there everyday. You can never defeat God. We will always be everywhere and you are powerless against us.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:18 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
If you severe God it goes everywhere. Christianity is most needed in all public places especially schools and government. There are many of us who take it there everyday. You can never defeat God. We will always be everywhere and you are powerless against us.
God is a concept for those who think they have discovered an imaginary friend that is greater than and has taken the place of Santa Claus and the easter bunny. The mind plays strange tricks at times and it it's hard to fight those perceptions.

We don't need those imaginary thoughts of omnipotent beings taking up time in our schools or their concepts influencing public policy.

Society would be much better served if it became more spiritual and in touch with the natural world, learning to respect and honor it rather then trying to control and dominate it.

Spirituality doesn't need religion but religion needs spirituality.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:50 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
You would have to kill all of our children and Christians employed to keep it out. You will never stop it. God is greater than you.
You realize it pretty much is already kept out of public schools, right? Were there some killings I missed?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Society would be much better served if it became more spiritual and in touch with the natural world, learning to respect and honor it rather then trying to control and dominate it.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You realize it pretty much is already kept out of public schools, right? Were there some killings I missed?
You may think it is but it's still there. Until you kill off all the Christians there will be prayer in school and witnessing going on in public places. It cannot be stopped. You pretend that because some judge has ignored the constitution and said you could not do so in school that is has ended. Most public schools even have Christian clubs. They all have see you at the pole prayer day's. And they all have people praying in them every day.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
You may think it is but it's still there. Until you kill off all the Christians there will be prayer in school and witnessing going on in public places. It cannot be stopped. You pretend that because some judge has ignored the constitution and said you could not do so in school that is has ended. Most public schools even have Christian clubs. They all have see you at the pole prayer day's. And they all have people praying in them every day.
Yep. True.

Now tell us why so many Christians think they're being persecuted. You've got the First Amendment hard at work every time someone yells "Jesus saves!" in America's public squares and I'm still trying to find out where all this persecution is.

Maybe you can also let us know who it is that you think even WANTS to kill off the Christians. Really? You're thinking in terms of defending to the death? When you live in a country where Bibles are available in public libraries?

Old 11-12-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yep. True.

Now tell us why so many Christians think they're being persecuted. You've got the First Amendment hard at work every time someone yells "Jesus saves!" in America's public squares and I'm still trying to find out where all this persecution is.

Maybe you can also let us know who it is that you think even WANTS to kill off the Christians. Really? You're thinking in terms of defending to the death? When you live in a country where Bibles are available in public libraries?
I cannot answer for "so many Christians". Sorry!

I did not say I thought anyone wanted to kill off the Christians. I just told you what you would have to do to achieve what you put forth.

Why are you not a pleasant person to talk to? Did somebody pee in your Corn Flakes?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
I must have gone to a unique school.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

Did somebody pee in your Corn Flakes?
I'm a Cheerios lover and use whole milk. (Excellent for having great cholesterol numbers.) So between that and not worrying that a few posters on CD seem to get upset when they're challenged I figure it's all good.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-12-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity