Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:47 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

A Colorado-based Christian group is air-dropping Bibles on North Korea.

Over the past year, Pastor Eric Foley and his Christian mission group, Seoul USA, have released around 50,000 40-foot homemade, hydrogen-filled balloons outfitted with Bibles and personal testimonials over rural areas of the country, Fox News reports. Bibles are attached to the balloons in a box or a bag.

Christian Group Seoul USA Air-Drops Bibles Over North Korea With Giant Balloons

Old 11-09-2013, 08:14 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Over the past year, Pastor Eric Foley and his Christian mission group, Seoul USA, have released around 50,000 40-foot homemade, hydrogen-filled balloons outfitted with Bibles and personal testimonials over rural areas of the country, Fox News reports. Bibles are attached to the balloons in a box or a bag.

Christian Group Seoul USA Air-Drops Bibles Over North Korea With Giant Balloons
............BAH HA HA HA HA HA!!....That's cool. What ever works I guess

Old 11-09-2013, 08:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
North Koreans continue to suffer from starvation and malnutrition. I don't suppose anyone in that group thought about dropping food.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:46 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
They AIR DROP BIBLES on North Korea?

Oh my. Thats the most preposterous thing I've read lately.

Awfully presumptuous of them. Guess who gets to clean it all up.

I wonder what people in say New York would think had the Qur'an been air dropped in large quantities on them.

Last edited by Weichert; 11-09-2013 at 08:54 PM..

Old 11-09-2013, 09:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
They AIR DROP BIBLES on North Korea?

Oh my. Thats the most preposterous thing I've read lately.

Awfully presumptuous of them. Guess who gets to clean it all up.

I wonder what people in say New York would think had the Qur'an been air dropped in large quantities on them.
You'd think New Yorkers living in the land of the free if they had anything about them,wouldn't bat an eye lid, but in this day and age where folk get offended over nothing, who knows .

Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Did I just read this correctly?

Quote:
Quote:
have released around 50,000 40-foot homemade, hydrogen-filled balloons
You know if 50,000 40-foot homemade, hydrogen-filled balloons were found in Gaza we would be bombing the daylights out of Hamas for having WMDs.

A 40 foot home made hydrogen-filled balloon is not much safer then the homemade rockets shot at Israel from Gaza,

This strikes me as a very irresponsible act that borders on deliberate littering and placing lives at risk from possible fires.

I wonder how many of the recent Forest Fires in North Korea have been caused by those balloons

Quote:
(Reuters) - Vast forest fires have hit a large part of central North Korea, sending plumes of smoke over most of the country's central and eastern regions, images provided by NASA show.
The fires could deal another blow to the North's broken economy after it was hit by fresh U.N. sanctions for a nuclear test in May and flooding a few months ago that wiped out farmland in a country that already faces chronic food shortages.
SOURCE

Hydrogen filled balloons are a very serious fire danger. Does anyone remember what happened to a hydrogen filled Dirigible (Balloon) in 1937

Hydrogen filled balloons even small ones (if you call 40 foot small) are highly dangerous explosive, incendiary devices.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Did I just read this correctly?

You know if 50,000 40-foot homemade, hydrogen-filled balloons were found in Gaza we would be bombing the daylights out of Hamas for having WMDs.

A 40 foot home made hydrogen-filled balloon is not much safer then the homemade rockets shot at Israel from Gaza,

This strikes me as a very irresponsible act that borders on deliberate littering and placing lives at risk from possible fires.

I wonder how many of the recent Forest Fires in North Korea have been caused by those balloons

SOURCE

Hydrogen filled balloons are a very serious fire danger. Does anyone remember what happened to a hydrogen filled Dirigible (Balloon) in 1937

Hydrogen filled balloons even small ones (if you call 40 foot small) are highly dangerous explosive, incendiary devices.

From the link about the Forest fires I just noticed this:

Quote:
The U.S. space agency said multiple fires had been burning in the state since mid-October, with several hot spots located in a mountainous region in the center of the country.
And from the link about the Balloons I notice this:

Quote:
Foley said the balloons are typically sent out overnight from a muddy field at a high altitude between May and October

Old 11-09-2013, 10:14 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
In 2009, a 33-year-old woman was publicly executed in North Korea after being accused of distributing the Bible. Kenneth Bae, an American missionary, was arrested in North Korea and sentenced to 15 years of labor for "crimes against the state" in May.

Think about this for a minute. Some poor farmer is cleaning up the bibles that dropped out of the sky and the next thing you know he is being executed or locked away for 15 years.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
In 2009, a 33-year-old woman was publicly executed in North Korea after being accused of distributing the Bible. Kenneth Bae, an American missionary, was arrested in North Korea and sentenced to 15 years of labor for "crimes against the state" in May.

Think about this for a minute. Some poor farmer is cleaning up the bibles that dropped out of the sky and the next thing you know he is being executed or locked away for 15 years.
While that is a possibility, the immediate danger from the Balloons is more likely to happen.

Those are 40 foot Bombs. They can be detonated by stateic, electricity, a spark from any source, a hot gasoline engine, somebodies cooking fire.

Here is a video of a very small Hydrogen filled balloon. Think what a 40 footer could do if detonated by a stray spark

On a side note, Japan used smaller hydrogen filled balloons (Fugos) as incindiary bombs in WWii

Those balloons are dangerous weapons and need to be seen as such. If any nation were to launch 40 foot hydrogen filled balloons against the USA I believe we would see it as an attack and an act of war with explosives.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,308,567 times
This is guerilla proselytizing at its worst. Be warm, be filled. Who follows up with the second wave of training - just make them converts to Christ, G-d will do the rest? How about medical supplies, the necessities of life? So many things wrong about this - Christianity is not about bibles and breaking cultural laws. It is about healing, feeding, and supporting. Christ's freedom breaks barriers in the heart. This is insurrection, not spirituality. At least they'll have fodder for fire to cook. Everything others said about doing this in our country, Koran drops, and all the other details - I can't rate your posts positively enough. It's just as good an idea to drop spears so the country's people can overthrow the government. <SMH>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity