Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 11:55 AM

100 posts, read 155,509 times

Advertisements

I know someone who is a Christian and he's dating a woman ghere both in there 20's young with no kids. He is divorced. He had sex with her a couple times but has told me he "repented" and they know longer do it.. the other day we know a very strong believer and were talking to him about this and he says that he would quit talking to the girl because if she was a "believer" then she wouldn't do it either... he said to quit talking to this girl and he needs to move on from her. But my friend dosent want too because he said she is a believer and that nobody is perfect and she'd make a good future wife ect. My question is... is our friend right? Becahse you have sex with someone does it ruin it forever? Is there any chance they can live gods will but knowing they already have sex? Should my friend dump her? Just a question for my brothers and sisters in christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 01:05 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,606 times
Sins can be forgiven. If you are truly sorry and make a real attempt at not repeating the sin, no problem.

My God is a loving and forgiving God.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:30 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan59 View Post
I know someone who is a Christian and he's dating a woman ghere both in there 20's young with no kids. He is divorced. He had sex with her a couple times but has told me he "repented" and they know longer do it.. the other day we know a very strong believer and were talking to him about this and he says that he would quit talking to the girl because if she was a "believer" then she wouldn't do it either... he said to quit talking to this girl and he needs to move on from her. But my friend dosent want too because he said she is a believer and that nobody is perfect and she'd make a good future wife ect. My question is... is our friend right? Becahse you have sex with someone does it ruin it forever? Is there any chance they can live gods will but knowing they already have sex? Should my friend dump her? Just a question for my brothers and sisters in christ.
Yes--sin can be forgiven. Nothing wrong with sinning, then realizing it and correcting things. If he and she are both on the same page and they realize they need to abstain in the future before marriage, they can certainly have a future together.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Their choice. It was stupid, but if they have stopped, then it is their business and no one else.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:13 PM

400 posts, read 601,892 times
Quote:
Becahse you have sex with someone does it ruin it forever?
I'm sorry, but that statement cracked me up.

Seriously, it sounds like the advice you are getting here is good. People make mistakes. I'm glad I'm not living my 20's today.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:34 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Yes the man repented and if faith was expressed to Jesus than Jesus would say it never happened , as he repented End of the issue ..... See Christianity is not legalism where some minister would never allow for any forgiveness and would make eternal judgment for Jesus , Like that person was divorced , so he would be condemned , or those kids were born out of wedlock , so they would be condemned , or the mistress came to the funeral , so the deceased would be condemn ... See some of these ministers do not represent Jesus in the complete truth

Old 11-13-2013, 05:19 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Because you have sex with someone does it ruin it forever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
I'm sorry, but that statement cracked me up.
Me too.
Quote:
Seriously, it sounds like the advice you are getting here is good. People make mistakes. I'm glad I'm not living my 20's today.
Ah my 20's . . . wouldn't go back for any reason.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
My question is...is our friend right? Because you have sex with someone does it ruin it forever?
No! It only gets better.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,269 times
I guess my first lie ruins all truth, and so truth is reduced to relativism.
I guess my first pig-out session, emphasizing gluttony, ruined eating food for me.

I have to wonder where some people get their theology? There is nothing illegitimate about repentance and forgiveness. Some people can really alienate the world, given their perception of G-d.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes--sin can be forgiven. Nothing wrong with sinning, then realizing it and correcting things.
Well, actually there is something wrong with it--better not to have gone that route in the first place.

But we know what you meant.

Quote:
If he and she are both on the same page and they realize they need to abstain in the future before marriage, they can certainly have a future together.
For sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity