U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2013, 06:32 PM
 
264 posts, read 276,105 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

The Father is the one who does the work. Jesus knew all he had to do was ask the Father, but he did not want the people to give him the credit, for Jesus said I do not seek my own glory, but the one who sent me, so he made sure they heard him thank the Father for raising Lazarus.

John 11:40-43
40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
KJV

John 14:10-12
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
KJV

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-16-2013 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: added scripture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2013, 06:49 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,966,493 times
Reputation: 1957
OK...I'll bite. what's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:00 PM
 
17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
OK...I'll bite. what's your point?
The bread (breath) of life, comes from the father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Florida -
8,238 posts, read 9,994,274 times
Reputation: 15081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The bread (breath) of life, comes from the father.
Correct! ..... And your point in declaring this rather basic tenant of the Christian faith here is???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:19 PM
 
17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Correct! ..... And your point in declaring this rather basic tenant of the Christian faith here is???
And your point in asking is, to suggest otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Florida -
8,238 posts, read 9,994,274 times
Reputation: 15081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And your point in asking is, to suggest otherwise?
That's silly! -- Vizio asked what the OP's point was and you replied that God is the source/breath of life?

.... Every Christian believes that! -- My question (and Vizio's) is: "What is your point?" (Since this is a discussion forum, one would assume that the OP and/or you have a reason for stating the obvious).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 PM
 
17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Reputation: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
That's silly! -- Vizio asked what the OP's point was and you replied that God is the source/breath of life?

.... Every Christian believes that! -- My question (and Vizio's) is: "What is your point?" (Since this is a discussion forum, one would assume that the OP and/or you have a reason for stating the obvious).
If, it's obvious, then why question it?
Unless of course, you disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,151 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Reputation: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
The Father is the one who does the work. Jesus knew all he had to do was ask the Father, but he did not want the people to give him the credit, for Jesus said I do not seek my own glory, but the one who sent me, so he made sure they heard him thank the Father for raising Lazarus.

John 11:40-43
40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
KJV

John 14:10-12
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
KJV
The Word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:54 PM
 
264 posts, read 276,105 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Word of God.
The Father does the work, by sending His Word which is Spirit.
1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV

John 1:1-2
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
KJV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2013, 07:56 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,151 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Reputation: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
John 1:1-2
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
KJV
Bible tennis ?
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top