Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 02:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,029,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
love thy neighbour for the believer refers to the soul of the neighbour, people are understood to have a soul which is infinite. If a neighbour is a nasty person, they would have covered somewhat soul, little true joy in sharring possible although good attention and genuine regard for their being.

It means everyone in relation to the sanctification of their soul. ( Love thy neighbour as thyself.
So then the Samaritan (somewhat secular and independent Jewish faction) began to preach and sanctify the hurt man's soul and not his body? What did you mean by sanctification of their soul? Why not state right out instead of hiding it in concussion and missing words?

Do you mean everyone? Or do you mean "depending on their soul"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidiaz View Post
where in the bible does it say this?

so you are assuming someone is nasty for the sake of being nasty...
not because they lost their job, a girlfriend, their house...it's just because they want to be nasty...
aren't you being presumptuous?

explain how replacing a son with an enemy would be for the purpose of sanctifying the sons soul...sure looks like rejection to me...matthew 10:34-36
The way it was explained to me so as to force a "sense" if consistency was that the good are commandments "love all people" and the bad are prophesies "I will accidently split families apart." of course, I would know why Jesus wouldn't just say what he meant and stop the confussion. If he is powerful enough, can't he do that... Freewill would technically not be infringed if someone asked for that, right?

As it stood, Catholic exorcisms only worked on Catholics and Protestant exorcisms only on Protestants.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
okay thanks for the discussion.
I'm not very thankful to you since you gave up and failed to think and explain fully; being unwilling to accept the strengh of arguments and change your mindset. Perhaps if you had continued and elaborated a bit more you would have done us a great favor in understanding your mindset.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 11-19-2013 at 03:16 PM..

Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 PM

269 posts, read 206,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
The way it was explained to me so as to force a "sense" if consistency was that the good are commandments "love all people" and the bad are prophesies "I will accidently split families apart." of course, I would know why Jesus wouldn't just say what he meant and stop the confussion. If he is powerful enough, can't he do that... Freewill would technically not be infringed if someone asked for that, right?
"force a "sense" if consistency"
indeed.
as if anything that speaks for itself through objective evidence needs assistance in communicating what it is, or means.

Quote:
I would know why Jesus wouldn't just say what he meant and stop the confussion. If he is powerful enough, can't he do that...
apparently not...hence the self appointed god police.
Quote:
As it stood, Catholic exorcisms only worked on Catholics and Protestant exorcisms only on Protestants.
ahhahhah...

Old 11-19-2013, 06:49 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,744,041 times
Quote:
it seems you have knowledge that the creator of the universe holds a very low regard for certain people that you say are sinning, other than the obvious..killing, stealing, lying, cheating (the natural wrongs that affect other people), ... is there another sin you are talking about?
As I said, it's not about the people ("God is no respecter of persons"), but, about sin --- which is most often evidenced by outward 'sins' including the 'obvious' and others. The Ten Commandments, for example, were not given to show man the 'things he must do to get right with God', but, rather, to reveal our sin and need of a Savior ... TO US! (Gal 3, etc).

God is Holy and does not simply accept, ignore or approve of sin. He will forgive PEOPLE of their sin, when they repent and turn to Him in Jesus Christ, ... BUT, does not forgive 'sin' itself.

Last edited by jghorton; 11-19-2013 at 07:31 PM..

Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 PM

650 posts, read 511,646 times
Quote:
I'm not very thankful to you since you gave up and failed to think and explain fully; being unwilling to accept the strengh of arguments and change your mindset. Perhaps if you had continued and elaborated a bit more you would have done us a great favor in understanding your mindset.
This is the first Ive seen of your inquiries I will go back and answer,

Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 PM

650 posts, read 511,646 times
Quote:
So then the Samaritan (somewhat secular and independent Jewish faction) began to preach and sanctify the hurt man's soul and not his body? What did you mean by sanctification of their soul? Why not state right out instead of hiding it in concussion and missing words?

Do you mean everyone? Or do you mean "depending on their soul"?
Believers don't fully judge the inner soul of another, the full knowing of a persons inner soul is something which is in Gods understanding.

Everyone has a soul so the quote your referring to regarding love thy neighbour means everyone .

As mentioned earlier yesterday the story with the youngster who was a trouble causer at school, the parent continues to care but cancels the ice cream for desert in hope the youngster understands that everyone has an effect on others and being a trouble causer has consequence's. If the parent didn't care nothing would be changed.

Believers don't applaud the substance in wrong doing or create doorways toward wrongness, but hope for the good in the neighbour regardless, thats where the word sanctification comes in, the good or intended and potencial in the neighbour. People for the most part behav in these positive ways naturally.

Last edited by alexcanter; 11-19-2013 at 09:38 PM..

Old 11-20-2013, 03:41 AM

269 posts, read 206,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
As I said, it's not about the people ("God is no respecter of persons"), but, about sin ---
until you can prove that there is sin, against god, then it is about people, right?
otherwise you seem to be relying on the get out of jail card...why make unverifiable claims?

so was there a "sin" other than the obvious ones that harm others that you were referring to?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,762,894 times
Quote:
love thy neighbour for the believer refers to the soul of the neighbour, people are understood to have a soul which is infinite. If a neighbour is a nasty person, they would have covered somewhat soul, little true joy in sharring possible although good attention and genuine regard for their being.

It means everyone in relation to the sanctification of their soul. ( Love thy neighbour as thyself.
Shakes head. Sigh. Where in the NT does it say anything that supports your claim? Isnt this yet more wandering far afield from the words of Jesus Himself based on doctrines conceived hundreds if not thousands of years later?

Who is my neighbor, Lord. Read, contemplate, understand.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:56 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,762,894 times
Quote:

i'll put it like as unambiguously as i can. i have evidence that jesus is consistent about teaching tribalism and elitism.

it isn't a game. it is a discussion. if you cannot participate...oh well.
You assert something, but do not offer your proof. Chapter and verse, so we may judge whether or not your assertions have merit.

And if YOU cannot participate, then what is the point of the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity