Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times

Advertisements

A person in a non-Christian household that wants to become Christian often finds those closest to him opposes him- Matthew 10 v 35,36

At first, even some who knew Jesus, thought Jesus had gone mad at John 10 v 20; Mark 3 v 21

Apparently 'death' is God's enemy because ' enemy death ' will be defeated according to 1st Corinthians 15 v 26.
At the coming time of Revelation 22 v 2, ' enemy death will be No more according to Revelation 21 vs 4,5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 09:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
A church should be a hospital for sinners, not a sanctuary for the self-righteous.
"I have not come to call the righteous to repentance, but sinners."

Old 11-20-2013, 11:27 AM

269 posts, read 208,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
A man's own enemies are more often than not what he thinks and believes. As a man thinks so is he. When I say his own household, I am meaning himself.
and? what biblical passage would support your opinion?
your opions are not proof of anything other than your opinion.

Quote:
For what it is worth,I do not believe God's got any enemies
i am assuming you are referring to the christian god...yes he does...unbelievers...aka pharisees

Quote:
Also in respect to proving it, why do I need to ?, it is not like I'm trying to convert you to my way of thinking.

then you are just interested in impressing yourself?

Old 11-20-2013, 11:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minidiaz View Post
and? what biblical passage would support your opinion?
your opions are not proof of anything other than your opinion.

i am assuming you are referring to the christian god...yes he does...unbelievers...aka pharisees

then you are just interested in impressing yourself?
Ok, so you need a bible verse from me to prove to you that most of our issues(enemies) in life do not stem from what we think and believe?. Like I said to you in an earlier post,to you,go and sow something negative and unless you are blind to yourself, you will soon find out where your enemy is and who is your own worst enemy.

Prove that Jesus hated the Pharisees.

So you come on this forum expressing strong opinions against the bible and the God of Abraham, and because I gave you my opinion, I'm interested in impressing myself?. You're have a giraffe

Old 11-20-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Ok, so you need a bible verse from me to prove to you that most of our issues(enemies) in life do not stem from what we think and believe?.
the title of this thread is "Who is the enemy of God?"
what do our enemies have anything to do with gods enemies, unless you think YOU are god.

Quote:
Prove that Jesus hated the Pharisees.
luke 11 is a rather funny example

Quote:
So you come on this forum expressing strong opinions against the bible and the God of Abraham
no..i am expressing my arguments that are supported by bible passages oddly enough.

Quote:
and because I gave you my opinion, I'm interested in impressing myself?.
i didn't say that i asked if that is why you are here in light of what you posited "why should i prove it?"

Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
the title of this thread is "Who is the enemy of God?"
what do our enemies have anything to do with gods enemies, unless you think YOU are god.

luke 11 is a rather funny example

no..i am expressing my arguments that are supported by bible passages oddly enough.

i didn't say that i asked if that is why you are here in light of what you posited "why should i prove it?"
Luke 11 is a funny example of how Jesus hated Pharisees because he exposed a white washed tomb religious belief with a form of Godliness but denying its power?. You're going to have do much better than that

Like I said God does not have enemies. Now if you want to take everything you read in the bible literally, you have basically blinkered yourself from what it is actually saying .

Not sure really why you have this chip on you're shoulder, Xian catalyst who was on here recently was posting the same stuff that you are now.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Luke 11 is a funny example of how Jesus hated Pharisees because he exposed a white washed tomb religious belief with a form of Godliness but denying its power?. You're going to have do much better than that
its a funny passage because the pharisee invited jesus to his home for meal, showing neighborly love, and yet jesus insults him in his own house...the rest of what you posited is irrelevant as you cannot prove the assertion "he exposed a white washed tomb religious belief with a form of Godliness but denying its power" as a statement of fact..

next

Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Like I said God does not have enemies.
jesus says 2 times in matthew that he came only for the lost sheep of israel....

at best what you can do is make an argument for an inconsistent jesus...
and if you are happy with that good for you

Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
jesus says 2 times in matthew that he came only for the lost sheep of israel....

at best what you can do is make an argument for an inconsistent jesus...
and if you are happy with that good for you
You're taking one verse of scripture to support a vain argument that Jesus was not loving to all, while ignoring that the good news was for all people and it came to all people, first the Jewish nation then the Gentiles. (scripture is filled with such verses in the old and New Testament )

"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I. Isaiah 65:1

Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn Isaiah 60:3

This Light dawned upon Israel first then upon the Gentiles. Jesus also said if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me. This Light is within all men(you can believe it or not) and when it dawns/rises up within them it draws them back to God.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
its a funny passage because the pharisee invited jesus to his home for meal, showing neighborly love, and yet jesus insults him in his own house...the rest of what you posited is irrelevant as you cannot prove the assertion "he exposed a white washed tomb religious belief with a form of Godliness but denying its power" as a statement of fact..

next
Oh give over, your just showing how sensitive and easily you're offended. For on the one hand you want to dish(pun intended) those whose dish is outwardly clean while inside full of greed and selfishness, then on the other hand you're offended that Jesus wasn't being loving because the cloak over their hypocrisy was removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity