Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've got a history of confounding atheists on these boards with simple arguments that can't be refuted--such as the moral argument for the existence of God, the cosmological argument, and other ones.

But if you want to pretend you're superior, good on ya.
And atheists have a history of confounding you on these boards with simple arguments that can't be refuted. Your turn.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And atheists have a history of confounding you on these boards with simple arguments that can't be refuted. Your turn.
Nope. Not so much.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
I've got a history of confounding atheists on these boards with simple arguments that can't be refuted--such as the moral argument for the existence of God, the cosmological argument, and other ones.

I'm sorry, but "because god says so" confounds no one, and is easily refuted.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Nope. Not so much.
Exactly what I was thinking about your claim.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

The thigh-slappers keep on comin'.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:19 PM

668 posts, read 690,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Because the single dumbest reason for doing something a certain way is the feeble excuse: "But... that's how we did it yesterday!".

Churches are free to define religious marriage how they so choose. If they want to define it as between any two consenting adults, that is their business (and the fact that some marriages do indeed do that totally obliterates the ridiculous claim that legalizing same-sex marriage infringes on the religious rights of those who oppose it).

The definition of secular marriage is nothing but whatever civil law says it is. And, again, this fetishizing of how things were done yesterday as some great ideal is not only hopelessly hypocritical (because everyone constantly is changing their behavior and way of life in many ways) but useless.
That's what I have been trying to say but I get attacked for it. If my state ever changes the meaning of their civil marriage to include the sinful choice of homosexuals I will end my civil marriage and not be a part of that system. I won't end my marriage since the state has no right to regulate it to begin with.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
That's what I have been trying to say but I get attacked for it. If my state ever changes the meaning of their civil marriage to include the sinful choice of homosexuals I will end my civil marriage and not be a part of that system. I won't end my marriage since the state has no right to regulate it to begin with.
Yeah! That'll show everybody!!

Old 11-22-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
You seem to keep ignoring some of my questions about this. Your state already includes sinful choices in its meaning of civil marriage. Divorced people getting married again, swingers getting married, cheaters getting married. So why haven't you already ended your civil marriage?

Old 11-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah! That'll show everybody!!

How do you think "everybody" will even know I did it? I am only concerned that God know.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You seem to keep ignoring some of my questions about this. Your state already includes sinful choices in its meaning of civil marriage. Divorced people getting married again, swingers getting married, cheaters getting married. So why haven't you already ended your civil marriage?
There may be people like that who get married but the state has not made a law making their inclusion a special proclamation. If they did I would not be connected with it.

And yes I do tend to ignore straw-man, trolling tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity