Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:15 PM

668 posts, read 690,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidiaz View Post
thats showing them the level of the peace jesus has given you...give em hell

how sad that someones marriage would cause you to divorce
When the paper the state sells me becomes equal to that choice of a sinful lifestyle I no longer what to be associated with that system.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I'm confused. Why wouldn't you just do that now? Why would gay marriage make you do this?
Because at this point my state sees marriage the correct way, between one man and one woman just as God intended. If they choose to cheapen their civil marriage to include some's sinful lifestyle choice I do not want to be a part of that system. I will not have my marriage brought down to the sewer. I believe I must keep myself and my family apart from sin and rebellion against God. I am told to be separate from the sin of the world.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Good for you. That is your choice, and you are free to make it. Doesn't matter to me in the least.
And that's they we should all see this. I do not say that people should not have a right to live in a sinful lifestyle by choice. Nor should they be allowed to cheapen my marriage.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
And that's they we should all see this. I do not say that people should not have a right to live in a sinful lifestyle by choice. Nor should they be allowed to cheapen my marriage.
MY marriage has nothing to do with YOUR marriage. In this country we have this thing called the constitution. In the constitution there are amendments, one of those amendments is the 14th.

AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

We have laws and legal protections called marriage. What part of "No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States...nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws" do you not understand?
Your religious beliefs have exactly ZERO to do with the laws of our country, and certainly have nothing to do with equality under the LAW.

If your church doesn't want to host marriage ceremonies for same sex couples, great. They are well within their rights to do so. What your religion doesn't have the right to do is pass laws that violate the constitution of the US.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What rights are missing? What rights have to be given?
Whatever one might say in opposition these days, seems to cause screams of outrage from a highly vocal minority, but, there are several 'special rights' that do not exist, yet, are being imposed by law on the majority - a few examples are:
The right to force businesses and the government to pay 'marriage benefits' to same sex partners; The right to force a majority who have always opposed the redefinition of 'family' and the indoctrination of children ...to redefine their own values, under a legal threat; The 'right' to force society to afford special rights and treatment because of one's sexual orientation; The 'right' to force the majority in our nation to accept it as "normal, natural or even desirable" ... because a law says so.

Last edited by jghorton; 11-21-2013 at 08:01 PM..

Old 11-21-2013, 08:17 PM

269 posts, read 208,221 times
Quote:
When the paper the state sells me becomes equal to that choice of a sinful lifestyle I no longer what to be associated with that system.
ahhh..so much for gods grace and peace, eh?
i suppose faith is the first thing that you drop when your unjustified biases confront you ...

oh well...no sweat off my back....

Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Because at this point my state sees marriage the correct way, between one man and one woman just as God intended. If they choose to cheapen their civil marriage to include some's sinful lifestyle choice I do not want to be a part of that system. I will not have my marriage brought down to the sewer. I believe I must keep myself and my family apart from sin and rebellion against God. I am told to be separate from the sin of the world.
Do you think any of those one man one woman marriages include a sinful lifestyle? What if they are swingers? Or they cheat on each other? What if they engage in acts you would consider sinful? What about the fact that so many marriages end in divorce?

Seems like you want to pick and choose which sinful lifestyle you want to take a stand against.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:29 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
I'm glad it upsets you so much, I really am!

Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
Marriage is a bond between Two people who love each other regardless of their gender,
Gay marriage should be legalized because the only reason it's illegal is because it's a religious issue and we need Separation of Church and State to be upheld.

Homosexuality is not a Sin, but polygamy and rampant unwed promiscuity are.

Scriptures aren't perfect, they are merely man made books, and they should not be held up on a pedestal as the ultimate source for morality.
Their is a Law of God but it is written in the hearts of mankind and we must seek it out if we wish to find it, meditation with the intention of achieving spiritual enlightenment is how we are Awakened to this Law.
This Law is Love and that is what God is. Once Awakened to Gods Law we can then discern properly what is right and wrong, we become like our god knowing good and evil.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Marriage is a bond between Two people who love each other regardless of their gender,
Gay marriage should be legalized because the only reason it's illegal is because it's a religious issue and we need Separation of Church and State to be upheld.
I agree, and yet...

Quote:
Homosexuality is not a Sin, but polygamy and rampant unwed promiscuity are.
I'm afraid I don't quite follow your reasoning. If you're going by the Bible, polygamy would be less "sinful" than homosexuality. If you're not going by the Bible, but by your own standards of what's right and wrong, why is your opinion any more valid than anybody else's. I'm not advocating polygamy by any means, but if marriage is "a bond between two people who love each other regardless of their gender," why can't it also be "a bond between two or more people who love each other"? I mean where do we draw the line between right and wrong? Abraham wasn't a homosexual, but he did have multiple wives. Was he a sinner? The Bible certainly doesn't depict him as one. The Bible is definitely less condemning of polygamy than it is of homosexuality.

I think each of us needs to have a strong moral compass and decide for ourselves what we believe God expects of us. If we believe homosexual intimacy is sinful, then we should not engage in it. Period. We should not, however, be attempting to impose our own standards of morality on the rest of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity