Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:18 AM

264 posts, read 351,018 times

Advertisements

If you say no, then why do you work and seek a raise? or promotion? or look for ways to earn more wealth if you believe it is a sin against God to have it?

Do you know that if you feel something is against God and you do it, THAT is the sin? Also do you know that if you think that wealth is a sin against God, He certainly will not help you TO SIN AGAINST HIM!

The truth is He is a God of prosperity, wanting His children to have good things. Remember the OLD SAYING that people have forgotten as they throw out God and His Word in their minds, being GOD BLESS AMERICA! People are literally dying to come to America who was founded on His Word for HER rich blessings... but I am sad to say... when you don't want God.. He takes those blessings with Him and gives it to those who are wise and leaves your house in chaos as you asked for, for it is the Blessing of the Lord it maketh rich(spiritually first, and then naturally) and adds no sorrow to it.
Prov 10:23
22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
KJV

Because His way of gain is not to lie, cheat, steal as those of a dog eat dog self centered beastly nature as those of this world do, like Cain. God's way is to begin at the bottom on a firm foundation learning to walk as God says is good, according to His will, which is HIS WORD, and work your way up in integrity and godly character to make a NAME of honor for yourself WITH the help of God, so that people will trust you and hire you or buy your product. For a man's character is always known by his word and your name is only as good as your word. That is why Jesus could claim equal to God, for His name is THE WORD OF GOD.
That is why Jesus who WAS rich, became POOR to teach us that you do not start at the top, you must grow in Christ and allow the Word to raise you UP in the Spirit and then it will manifest as your faith in the Word grows. Plant the Seed of TRUTH in your heart and let it begin to grow and your faith in God and His ways bring a harvest in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 11:54 AM

400 posts, read 601,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
That is why Jesus could claim equal to God,
Was Jesus God, or claiming to be equal to God?

Old 11-21-2013, 01:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
It is not a sin to prosper through one's hard work and diligence. It is a sin to love money.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:53 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
All I recall is that throughout the entire book of Proverbs (and other select parts of the Bible), these two themes stood out to me.

rich/wealthy = wicked

poor/meek = rightious

Since there is a direct correlation between wealth and education levels, there may be more than meets the eye here.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 PM

198 posts, read 262,759 times
Matt 19:23-24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[SIZE=2]24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.[/SIZE]
I Tim 6:10- The love of money is the root of all evil

Old 11-21-2013, 04:32 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
See through Christ God does not care if His people has great wealth , or great prosperity , .........See the sin which God does not like is greed and covetousness , and pride of wealth , which is the sin , as the greed and covetousness will break the commands of the ten commandments and devalue people which could take a person into the sin of the mark of the beast through the heart , then the pride of money can blind a person who then would have no need for God and Jesus promises , and they can take care of themselves and have no need of Jesus offerings , where the proud man would never take charity , where Jesus would take charity and give charity , because God is not proud , but of a humble spirit ............... Still the salvation of Christ and all the grace is riches beyond anything on the earth , but it is riches where we are call to put our treasures in heaven ...... Still believers can still look to have provision from God as the employer who pays us but God is our source , by faith

Old 11-21-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
Was Jesus God, or claiming to be equal to God?
Jesus is the Word of God and the Son of God and the Word was WITH God and the Word was God.
Gen 18:1-3
18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
KJV

In the old testament, have you noticed that the spelling LORD and Lord are both used for God? The Father is the LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS and the Son is Lord of lords and King of kings. The Father God is Spirit and can not come to man, so He sends His Word to man. The Word became flesh, remember?
John 5:18
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
KJV

John 8:58
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
KJV
John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
KJV
1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV

Let me ask you this, do you think that the Creator needed help from someone else to create all things? Of course not, because God's hand is His Word, for He speaks all things into existence. So Jesus who is The Word of God is the on the RIGHT hand of God.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV

Old 11-21-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It is not a sin to prosper through one's hard work and diligence. It is a sin to love money.

So you have no problem with Howards Hughes wealth because he worked hard with diligence. What about Bill Gates or Hugh Hefner, they worked hard with diligence.

YOU are correct on your second sentence. It is not the money that is the issue it is the LOVE of money, that causes man to do what ever is needed to gain it, even if it means to lie, cheat, steal, kill being unfaithful to Christ.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
All I recall is that throughout the entire book of Proverbs (and other select parts of the Bible), these two themes stood out to me.

rich/wealthy = wicked

poor/meek = rightious

Since there is a direct correlation between wealth and education levels, there may be more than meets the eye here.

Hmm! let us see what Proverbs really says:

Prov 10:4
4 He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.
KJV
Prov 22:2
2 The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
KJV

Prov 3:16
16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
KJV
Prov 8:18
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
KJV

Here are just a few from the many many scriptures in the Bible that speak of God approving and providing the wealth and riches for those who SEEK YE FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all other things shall be added unto YOU.
Eccl 5:19
19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.
KJV
Ps 112:3
3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
KJV
2 Chron 9:22-24
22 And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom.
23 And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom, that God had put in his heart.
24 And they brought every man his present, vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and raiment, harness, and spices, horses, and mules, a rate year by year.
KJV

God's Wisdom is WORTHY of riches that is bestowed on those who HAVE IT!

Old 11-21-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
Matt 19:23-24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[SIZE=2]24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.[/SIZE]
I Tim 6:10- The love of money is the root of all evil

Do you know why Jesus said this? It is because when you come to Christ, you must sell all you have and give it to the poor. A rich man is not easily willing to do that, do you know why? Because they don't REALLY trust in God whom they can't see, they trust in their wealth that they can see.
If they really had faith in God, they would know that just as the LORD asked Abraham to give his only begotten son up for an offering, similar to giving all you have. Abraham was not afraid to give him up, for He knew that God was able to not only raise his son, but was also able to multiply his offspring which he did when he made him the father of many nations.
That is how we should be with our possessions which really belong to God for all things are His anyways. We should not put our trust in them, but the one who gave them too you and owns all and can put it in the hands of who so ever He pleases!

Money is not evil it is a tool we use to trade for our needs so that we are not a burden to others, and to help others in need as well.
It is the LOVE of the money that gets us in trouble with greed, and with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity