Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 02:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Deuteronomy 11:22

“For if you carefully keep all these commandments which I command you to do—to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, and to hold fast to Him— 23 then the Lord will drive out all these nations from before you, and you will dispossess greater and mightier nations than yourselves

THOUGHT:
When you live according the ways of the Lord, patterning your life after His word, the Bible, you can expect His greatest blessings to come your way. However, every promise in the Bible has a stipulation with it. God's promises require something from the receiver. You can't even become born-again without you doing your part— asking! You can’t earn it, you can’t but it, but you just have to ask and 1 John 1:9 promises it: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” He will forgive your sins, cleanse you from all unrighteousness, and Hebrews 8:12 says, “He will remember your sins no more.” Notice that, He will forget they ever existed, and you receive the greatest blessing ever, salvation.
Our scripture today says that if we carefully follow His instructions, if we walk in His ways, He will drive our enemies out from us. And remember, God our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us, and that is what He gives, like salvation is available to all who asks, but, like the great parent that He is, sometimes He says no, or wait, to some of our requests.

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word, thank you for giving us guidelines as to how to receive your greatest blessings., the greatest of which was when I repented of my sins , you forgave me and forgot all of them. Give me the wisdom and strength to walk in your ways, to follow all your instructions, and learn to apply them to my life.
AMEN.
This is a good example of the conditional nature of salvation. The Israelite's did NOT drive out all the Nations and God did not do it for them. To get the reality of God's blessings, you gotta STAY faithful and active. Learn from the past.

If we accept and repent we can still not get the blessing if we turn back and do not keep being faithful day by day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 02:28 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
I realize who that was written to but the principle still applies. It is for us even though it is not about us.

Do you not believe God blesses those who follow Him and try to obey His commandments? If you do then we agree. IF not then why not?
You do realize that he was speaking to Israel, right? It was in regards to the Mosaic Law. None of us can be perfect under the Law, and none of us can live up to that. You can't possibly do enough to make God happy.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:31 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
This is a good example of the conditional nature of salvation. The Israelite's did NOT drive out all the Nations and God did not do it for them. To get the reality of God's blessings, you gotta STAY faithful and active. Learn from the past.

If we accept and repent we can still not get the blessing if we turn back and do not keep being faithful day by day.
In Romans 4, Paul discussed that. He points out that no one in Israel was made righteous by observing the Law. It was by faith alone that Abraham was saved, and it is by faith alone that anyone is saved.

I've never understood why someone would think Jesus was able to save, but can't do it fully.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:47 PM

668 posts, read 690,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You do realize that he was speaking to Israel, right? It was in regards to the Mosaic Law. None of us can be perfect under the Law, and none of us can live up to that. You can't possibly do enough to make God happy.
I'm sorry. You seem to have missed the entire point of the message.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:48 PM

668 posts, read 690,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So, according to you, I'm going to hell because I eat bacon???
What on earth are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity