Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
All I know is if I was gay, which means I'd be attracted to the same sex, and want to have sex with someone I met and came to love, but the Bible says I cannot, which means I'll never ever be able to have enjoyable sex with someone I love in my whole life, which could number 100 years, and I know a great number of the population is also experiencing this, I would have to question it. Why?
There are straight single Christians that have gone through life without finding a suitable marriage partner which means they have gone through their whole life without a sexual partner.

Remember: Everything in this system is temporary. Starting with Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom reign over Earth things will become lasting. Jesus will undo all the harm that Satan and Adam brought upon us. So, " why " Christians choose to refrain from fornication is because we know our present troubles will come to a happy ending.
- Isaiah 65 vs 16 B - 25; Revelation 22 v 2

If a person wants to become a Christian he/she would choose to obey scriptural standards.
If a person wanted to become a citizen of another country they would have to agree to abide by that country's laws.
Christians join a 'spiritual nation' [ 1st Peter 2 vs 9,5 ] and choose to abide by its standards such as 1st Cor. 6 vs 9,10.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No equal protection is being denied here. Everyone has the exact same right to marry. I don't have a right to marry a person of the same gender, either. It's completely equal. Please give me a legitimate reason why we should rewrite marriage laws.
That argument was tried and failed. At one time they tried to used that excuse to keep interracial marriage laws in place. Everyone had the same right to marry someone of their own race. That argument was shot down using the 14th amendment.

AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The constitution is my legitimate reason. If it is legal for a man to marry a woman, then it should be legal for a woman to marry a woman. Anything else is discrimination based on gender.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:51 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
I like women a lot. But I'm married. So I have to remain true to my wife. I could complain about it, feel sorry for myself, etc. But Christiqanity isn't about my rights. It's about me denying myself and devoting myself to God.
You are being denied the right to marry multiple women - as am I. I think we should take this up in court.

Good point about giving up our rights.

Wait - now that I think about it - one woman is enough. Don't see how Solomon did it...

Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When are you not allowed to counter any idea? You are free to speak what ever is on your mind. I can speak my mind. Freedom of speech is not freedom from the consequences of that speech.
Schools...

Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Again, how is something be forced upon you? You did make that statement.
You don't have the right to redefine marriage and grant a special right to someone that I don't have based on their choice of sex partners.
Quote:
And laws get rewritten all the time. At one point women and african americans couldn't vote. Now they can. The simple act of rewriting laws is not wrong.
Those weren't simple cases of laws being rewritten. Those were constitutional ammendments. Nor did they redefine an existing institution such as marriage.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:55 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Laws are changing and we have to accept that. Protesting this one demographic makes us look bad. If homosexuals want to change their ways and come to the Lord by their own will, they will be accepted like any other sinner. We should present the good news in an inviting way so people will be enticed by it, not repelled.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Schools...
Schools? Schools teach facts. If you don't want your children to be taught facts, you can remove them from public schooling. Your choice, no one is forcing anything on you.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That argument was tried and failed. At one time they tried to used that excuse to keep interracial marriage laws in place. Everyone had the same right to marry someone of their own race. That argument was shot down using the 14th amendment.

AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The constitution is my legitimate reason. If it is legal for a man to marry a woman, then it should be legal for a woman to marry a woman. Anything else is discrimination based on gender.
Again....are you just turning a deaf ear and blind eye? Or do you just fail to grasp the concept that currently EVERYONE HAS THE SAME EXACT RIGHTS to marry someone of the opposite gender?

No one is being discriminated against.

Honestly...by your rationale, I should go insist that I can drive an 18-wheeler semi-truck just because I want to! Or I shouldn't need a license to shoot deer...because, after all! I should be able to just do whatever I want regardless of my ability to do it or my capacity to operate machinery or weapons.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:02 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
You don't have the right to redefine marriage and grant a special right to someone that I don't have based on their choice of sex partners.

Those weren't simple cases of laws being rewritten. Those were constitutional ammendments. Nor did they redefine an existing institution such as marriage.
Why do you think we don't have the right to change the laws regarding marriage? Of course we have that right. And what special right is being granted that you don't have?

And of course it redefined an existing institution. That of voting. Or who can own land. Or who was a free man.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:05 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
Again....are you just turning a deaf ear and blind eye? Or do you just fail to grasp the concept that currently EVERYONE HAS THE SAME EXACT RIGHTS to marry someone of the opposite gender?
And black people had that right to. Just marry a black person of the opposite gender. But we changed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity