U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,665,160 times

Advertisements

I don't intend to argue this issue into the ground. Just a few points:

The way is simple. I don't know how I can stress that enough. We don't need to discover Greek origins of words to find the truth.

The way is clear. It doesn't contradict or ignore some verses, while concentrating on others.

Truth is truth.. it doesn't need alot of reasoning. And the honest seeker who truly recognizes the sovereignity of God (and the foolishness of man's reasoning) will see it.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,149,612 times
Quote:
In this age, or eon, the mighty strides of God are directed to those who are "marked out" for aionian life, by the Father's perogative. It is they who are entrusted with the Good News of Jesus Christ, to the farthest bounds of the earth.

The elect of God, (His aparche), or firstfruits, are exactly that: not the full harvest, which is ultimately to come, but the early fruits that lead to a full and complete harvest
Thank you for sharing, Birdy. If there are the firstfruits, there is surely a full harvest to come. The Restitution of All Things by Andrew Jukes is one of my favorite writings on the eventual restoration of all.

James 1:18
Quote:
In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.
God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-12-2008 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 AM

1,686 posts, read 2,460,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thank you for sharing, Birdy. If there are the firstfruits, there is surely a full harvest to come. The Restitution of All Things by Andrew Jukes is one of my favorite writings on the eventual restoration of all.
S.B., Andrew Jukes is a remarkable lively stone of our Lord's mighty purposes. As you most surely know, he was a scholar of Hebrew and Greek, and wrote remarkable things, among them, The Mystery Of The Kingdom and the Four Faces Of Christ.

And the man who founded the China Inland Mission, Hudson Taylor, was a young man in his assembly prior to CIM. This is what Hudson Taylor declares....

Quote:
If Jesus Christ is not Lord of all, He is not Lord at all.
Ah, the first-fruits, the earnest of what our Father says will permeate into the whole of His creation! "And the knowledge of the glory of the Lord shall cover the earth as the waters cover the sea."

Old 02-13-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
As I live says the Almighty; All the earth shall be full of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
And to think that those words were uttered by God Himself in response to Moses prevailing upon God to forgive the Israelites for their idolatry against Him. He is not a man that He should find Himself short of mercy and hasty with His temper. "...His mercy endures forever..."

Old 02-13-2008, 07:03 AM

Announcing Good News

How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him

Who brings good news, good news:

Announcing peace,

Proclaiming news of happiness.

Our God reigns, our God reigns!

(Chorus)

Our God reigns! Our God reigns!

Sing It HERE

We know that the "whole of created life" (the whole creation), including "we ourselves" who "have the first-fruits of the Spirit" groan and travail in pain "together" with the ktisis.

Quote:
For the ktivsiß was made subject to bondage/ decay, not willingly, but by reason of Him who subjected the same (the ktivsiß) in hope. Because the ktivsiß shall be delivered from the bondage of change and decay into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

For we know that the whole creation (the ktivsiß) groans and travails in pain together until now. And not only they, (the ktivsiß) but we ourselves which have the first-fruits of the Spirit (the ajparchv) also groan within ourselves...
And the groan of creation is met by the God of deliverance. The whole of created life shall be delivered/ rescued.

"The ktisis shall be delivered"

The ktisis= everything created= the whole of created life.

Delivered= Eleutheroo=

To make free from the yoke of slavery.

To set at liberty from the dominion of sin.

Eleutheroo Rooted In Douleia

Douleia= Bondage

Slavery/ bondage/ condition of a slave.

Quote:
"The whole of created life shall be delivered."

Old 02-14-2008, 05:20 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,149,612 times
Quote:
Ah, the first-fruits, the earnest of what our Father says will permeate into the whole of His creation! "And the knowledge of the glory of the Lord shall cover the earth as the waters cover the sea."
Amen.

Quote:
How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him

Who brings good news, good news:

Announcing peace,

Proclaiming news of happiness.

Our God reigns, our God reigns!

(Chorus)

Thanks for sharing the link to this song. I have downloaded the file.

Quote:
If Jesus Christ is not Lord of all, He is not Lord at all.

Here is one of my favorites sung by Avalon on this video You like?

YouTube - "All Hail The Power Of Jesus Name" By Avalon

God bless.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen.

Here is one of my favorites sung by Avalon on this video You like?

YouTube - "All Hail The Power Of Jesus Name" By Avalon

God bless.
Shana: the knowledge that our God will ultimately bring every knee to bow and tongue confess in union with the Name of Jesus is a great joy to my old heart. Thanks for the link.

Hail to the Lord’s Anointed

Quote:
Hail to the Lord’s anointed, great David’s greater Son!
Hail in the time appointed, His reign on earth begun!
He comes to break oppression, to set the captive free;
To take away transgression and rule in equity.

He comes in succor speedy to those who suffer wrong;
To help the poor and needy, and bid the weak be strong;
To give them songs for sighing, their darkness turn to light,
Whose souls, condemned and dying, were precious in His sight.

By such shall He be fearčd while sun and moon endure;
Beloved, obeyed, reverčd; for He shall judge the poor
Through changing generations, with justice, mercy, truth,
While stars maintain their stations, or moons renew their youth.

He shall come down like showers upon the fruitful earth;
Love, joy, and hope, like flowers, spring in His path to birth.
Before Him, on the mountains, shall peace, the herald, go,
And righteousness, in fountains, from hill to valley flow.

Arabia’s desert ranger to Him shall bow the knee;
The Ethiopian stranger His glory come to see;
With offerings of devotion ships from the isles shall meet,
To pour the wealth of oceans in tribute at His feet.

Kings shall fall down before Him, and gold and incense bring;
All nations shall adore Him, His praise all people sing;
For He shall have dominion o’er river, sea and shore,
Far as the eagle’s pinion or dove’s light wing can soar.

For Him shall prayer unceasing and daily vows ascend;
His kingdom still increasing, a kingdom without end:
The mountain dews shall nourish a seed in weakness sown,
Whose fruit shall spread and flourish and shake like Lebanon.

O’er every foe victorious, He on His throne shall rest;
From age to age more glorious, all blessing and all blest.
The tide of time shall never His covenant remove;
His Name shall stand forever, His Name to us is Love.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:12 AM

The Lost Sheep & The Lost Coin

We Get The Parables Of Jesus Wrong

I'd like you to think about these two parables of Jesus, and the reason why is because most of the time we get the parables of Jesus wrong. We pick them up, and we think that Jesus is telling us what we ought to do. You know, they're sort of lessons in loveliness. If we can master the lesson in the parable, we can turn out to be perfect peaches or something else. But the point is that parables are not first of all about us. The parables of Jesus are first of all about how God works in this world - the mysterious, strange, bizarre, odd way that God deals with us, because the parables are very strange things. Jesus is a genius of story-telling, and what you have to watch most of all with Jesus in his parables are the small twists, the little turns and the details you don't notice. I can have read a parable for twenty-five years, preached on it twenty-five times, and in the twenty-sixth year all of a sudden see something I never saw before; and it has been buried there all along.

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Continued HERE (http://www.csec.org/csec/sermon/capon_4012.htm - broken link)

Last edited by Alpha8207; 02-19-2008 at 10:23 AM..

Old 02-19-2008, 06:20 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,266,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
I don't intend to argue this issue into the ground. Just a few points:

The way is simple. I don't know how I can stress that enough. We don't need to discover Greek origins of words to find the truth.

The way is clear. It doesn't contradict or ignore some verses, while concentrating on others.

Truth is truth.. it doesn't need alot of reasoning. And the honest seeker who truly recognizes the sovereignity of God (and the foolishness of man's reasoning) will see it.
I so agree.... the gospel is simple...

Mark 10:15
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.

Just as a child trustingly receives the necessities of life from his parents, so we are to receive the kingdom of God. We can no more earn the kingdom than a child can earn his livelihood.
I can see where trying to reason the truth is actually in a sense not believing it and trying to earn it . I can also see how reasoning can be deceiving. When one who has to use all the greek and so forth writtings is saying I really don't believe it. You have to go to extremes to finding the reason and explaining the word of God in order for the mind to accept it. It's like another form of earning one's salvation. Instead of just accepting Jesus!!
No reasoning will speak to the heart it just keeps justifying the deeper doubt and excusing that I need more truth to prove it. So one goes on and on seeking for the answer when it is right before them. But they never see it!Why? Because it is by faith that we believe. Trusting, leaning, believing, just like a child trusting that parent. It is so simple! I believe even though I don't understand it all (help my unbelief)!!! Grace and mercy!

God Bless!

Old 02-19-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I so agree.... the gospel is simple...

Mark 10:15
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.
Everything in our Father's Realm is simple. The pi ratio flows from the decimal point to over 250 billion digits and counting. Not one digit can be removed or re-located without collapsing the universe.

My friend: Mystery shrouds the Kingdom of God, iniquity, godliness, and most assuredly, the Restitution of all things, none of which are simple. St. Paul describes the mystery of His will, and the above, in words that go beyond beyond. Yes, without a spirit of utter trust in Him, none of us will ever reach the goal!

Quote:
God be gracious to us and bless us and cause His face to shine upon us, that Your way may be known throughout the earth, Your salvation among all nations....oh God, may the whole world praise You...the nations will rejoice and be jubilant for You will judge the peoples equitably and guide the races of the earth....Bless us oh Lord, bless us, till men revere You to the world's far end. -Psl. 67:1-7-
Note:

1. God blesses us and causes His face to shine upon us. Why?

"That Your way may be known throughout the world."

2. The nations will rejoice and will be jubilant. Why?

Because "You will judge the peoples equitably and guide the races of the earth."

3. God will bless us, and bless us, and bless us. The ultimate outcome?

"Till men shall revere You to the world's end."

4. God's salvation extends how far & to how many?

"All nations" and "the whole world."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or