U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,026 posts, read 20,850,988 times
Reputation: 28067

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
So Jesus is indefinitely putting off returning until every one has time to repent? A problem with that would be that while He's waiting - more people are being born than are dying. In fact, especially in third world non-Christian countries. Can you explain to me then how this is helping? Wouldn't the merciful thing be to just come and damn the ones already born way back when and don't give time for billions more lost idiots to be born and to make the wrong choice? (please don't be offended - I'm just giving food for thought).

blessings,
Byron
From the verses I quoted it sounds pretty clear to me He is doing the merciful and patient thing. Many are being saved every day.

 
Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
 
1,686 posts, read 1,746,942 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
From the verses I quoted it sounds pretty clear to me He is doing the merciful and patient thing. Many are being saved every day.
The Living One continues to separate a people unto His Name, and for His purposes & the utter destruction of sin. Do you know that the whole of created life shall be delivered? Yes, the whole creation groans in a sort of universal travail, waiting for the sons of God to be manifest. And they shall not be disappointed! I can hear the chains of slaves rattling in the foreground, and I can hear the Voice of the One who declares, come forth from your grave clothes!

Quote:
The leaves of the Tree of Life are for the healing of the nations. And there shall no longer be a curse upon anything.
 
Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 4,033,861 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
The Living One continues to separate a people unto His Name, and for His purposes & the utter destruction of sin. Do you know that the whole of created life shall be delivered? Yes, the whole creation groans in a sort of universal travail, waiting for the sons of God to be manifest. And they shall not be disappointed! I can hear the chains of slaves rattling in the foreground, and I can hear the Voice of the One who declares, come forth from your grave clothes!
Please refer to this post for an explanation of what those verses are referring to.

Universal Reconciliation Foundational Verses: What do they really mean?

The verses you quoted would be illustrating topic #1 at the bottom of the post:
(1. The universal invitation, gospel for all nations (used in prophecy and also seen as completed in the NT)

Last edited by cg81; 02-22-2008 at 01:39 PM..
 
Old 02-22-2008, 04:02 PM
 
Location: NC
11,575 posts, read 8,993,204 times
Reputation: 1268
Quote:
Chance is not an ingredient in our Father's great plan of Reconciliation. "By Myself have I sworn" sets the tone, and "has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ", is the foundation flowing from the One "who effectually works the all things according to the counsel of His own will."
Amen. God bless.
 
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
 
1,686 posts, read 1,746,942 times
Reputation: 368
C.G. this is your mission for today (should you be willing to accept it by your own free will) , please tell us what ejxomologevw and oJmologevw means? Does it mean worship that is forced? Does it mean worship that is by rote or perfunctory genuflections? What exactly does these words by the apostle St. Paul mean?

ejxomologevw=_____________________________________ ____?

oJmologevw=_______________________________________ ______?

"God also has highly exalted Him, and given Him a name that is above every name: so that in adoration of the name of Jesus every knee [should] bend in worship, of beings in heaven, and beings in earth and of those in the underworld ; and that every tongue might openly confess/ may give witness, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

All Hail the Power of Jesusí Name
 
Old 02-22-2008, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,026 posts, read 20,850,988 times
Reputation: 28067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
C.G. this is your mission for today (should you be willing to accept it by your own free will) , please tell us what ejxomologevw and oJmologevw means? Does it mean worship that is forced? Does it mean worship that is by rote or perfunctory genuflections? What exactly does these words by the apostle St. Paul mean?

ejxomologevw=_____________________________________ ____?

oJmologevw=_______________________________________ ______?

"God also has highly exalted Him, and given Him a name that is above every name: so that in adoration of the name of Jesus every knee [should] bend in worship, of beings in heaven, and beings in earth and of those in the underworld ; and that every tongue might openly confess/ may give witness, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name
Just curious, do you put this much thought and effort into explaining to someone how to become saved?

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 02-22-2008 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: left out word
 
Old 02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
 
Location: New England
8,156 posts, read 12,961,984 times
Reputation: 3170
Hey Birdy, sorry to interrupt but would you mind answering my direct question to you here. It's been hanging out since about 3:30.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2911287-post7.html

Thanks.
 
Old 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 4,033,861 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
"God also has highly exalted Him, and given Him a name that is above every name: so that in adoration of the name of Jesus every knee [should] bend in worship, of beings in heaven, and beings in earth and of those in the underworld ; and that every tongue might openly confess/ may give witness, that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."
I agree with you that it does mean to bend in worship, and to openly confess.

I explained the intent of those verses in this post:

Universal Reconciliation Foundational Verses: What do they really mean?

The verses you quoted above would be illustrating topic #1 at the bottom of the post:

(1. The universal invitation, gospel for all nations (used in prophecy and also seen as completed in the NT)
 
Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 PM
 
1,686 posts, read 1,746,942 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
I agree with you that it does mean to bend in worship, and to openly confess.
Whew! I was afraid we might not be in agreement.

Kampto is always used in reference to worship, and always one of reverence! When the Spirit of the Lord declares all beings, in all dimensions of the universe, celestial, terrestial, and subterean, will bow and will confess, it is in this context: every knee bows in worship, every tongue confesses in celebration, thankfulness, and praise. And, last but not least, the outcome is complete and total satisfaction by the Father of all fathers, and to the enhancement of His great glory.

NEW HOPE MUSIC - "Thine, O Lord", by Ralph Merrifield
 
Old 02-22-2008, 04:34 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 4,033,861 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Kampto is always used in reference to worship, and always one of reverence! When the Spirit of the Lord declares all beings, in all dimensions of the universe, celestial, terrestial, and subterean, will bow and will confess, it is in this context: every knee bows in worship, every tongue confesses in celebration, thankfulness, and praise. And, last but not least, the outcome is complete and total satisfaction by the Father of all fathers, and to the enhancement of His great glory.

NEW HOPE MUSIC - "Thine, O Lord", by Ralph Merrifield
Once again, as I explained in this post:Universal Reconciliation Foundational Verses: What do they really mean? God lifted up His Son that all mankind would worship Him. However, not all mankind is looking up to Jesus and worshipping Him.

The verses you quoted above would be illustrating topic #1 at the bottom of the post I quoted:

(1. The universal invitation, gospel for all nations (used in prophecy and also seen as completed in the NT)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:17 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top