U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 06:08 AM

1,686 posts, read 2,455,578 times

Advertisements

"The Lord will be terrible unto them; for He will famish all the gods of the earth, and men shall worship Him, every one from his place and all the isles of the heathen.....Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out all My burning anger; for all the earth will be devoured by the fire of My zeal. For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, that all of them may call upon the Name of the Lord, to serve Him with one consent, shoulder to shoulder."

1. All the isles of the "heathen" shall worship Him.

2. All men shall worship Him "from his place."

3. All nations shall be gathered, all kingdoms gathered to the devouring fire of the Lord. For what purpose?

4. I will give all heathen, all men, all nations purified lips. To what end?

5. That all of them may call upon the Lord.

6. And the calling upon the Name of the Lord finalizes in all of them serving the Lord "with one consent."

Lets sing it again.....

I Cannot Tell

Quote:
I cannot tell how He will win the nations,
How He will claim His earthly heritage,
How satisfy the needs and aspirations
Of East and West, of sinner and of sage.
But this I know, all flesh shall see His glory,
And He shall reap the harvest He has sown,
And some glad day His sun shall shine in splendor
When He the Savior, Savior of the world is known.

I cannot tell how all the lands shall worship,
When, at His bidding, every storm is stilled,
Or who can say how great the jubilation
When all the hearts of men with love are filled.
But this I know, the skies will thrill with rapture,
And myriad, myriad human voices sing,
And earth to Heaven, and Heaven to earth, will answer:
At last the Savior, Savior of the world is King!

Old 03-16-2008, 10:20 AM

21,614 posts, read 30,183,450 times
Well then Birdy, I guess we should just close the church doors, put up the Bibles, call all the missionary's home, stop telling people about Jesus, because according to you, everyone will get to Heaven anyway.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:45 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,705,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well then Birdy, I guess we should just close the church doors, put up the Bibles, call all the missionary's home, stop telling people about Jesus, because according to you, everyone will get to Heaven anyway.
Hmmmmm, I see you still aren't getting the point. Being a follower of Christ really isn't about trying to get yourself or others to have a great after-life, but most people think that it is. Oh well.... just keep getting people turned on to the love, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost and all the other will work itself out

blessings,
- Byron

PS - God uses people in the process of reconciling all - so that's why we should co-operate and keep spreading the good word etc.

Last edited by firstborn888; 03-16-2008 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: PS

Old 03-17-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything.
Lover of N.C., as Judge Judy would say, "put on your listening ears". The Lord Jesus Christ declares that the Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached for a witness, & published abroad as a herald and a proclamation. That witness/ herald of His grace, and love, and authority, is to end that a remnant shall be apprehended for His Name sake, and are the "especially" of His grace. Do you know what especially means? It is a wonderful word indeed. But, especially does not mean ONLY...our God is "the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who place their trust in Him."

Do not close your church doors, do not hide all your Bible's, do not call home the warriors on the front of the battle, and do not stop proclaiming the majesty of the Lord Jesus Christ, but do not think for a nano-second that this is the final harvest.

One of the greatest missionaries of the Lord was a humble man who felt the call of God to minister the love and grace of God to India, before there were missionary societies. He begged and pleaded for his wife to join him, and she finally relented. In seven years of ministry in that dark hour, his wife went insane, two of his young children died, and Wm. Carey could not point to one single soul who was transformed as a result of his obedience to the Word of the Lord. Seven long, long years. Would you like to know what carried the servant of the Lord in those days, and for all the days of his life?

Thy Redeemer...The God of the whole earth shall He be called. He prayed: "I thank Thee, Father, for this surpassingly sweet promise which Thou didst vouchsafe to me long ago, with its assurance of the ultimate banishment of all heathen devises and abominations, and the ultimate winning of all hearts to Thy allegiance. Use even Thine own unworthy servant to speed the day of fulfillment, the day when all the benighted sons of men shall become the kingdoms of Thy dear Son.

Let us now sing together....

Hail to the Lord’s Anointed

Quote:
He shall come down like showers upon the fruitful earth;
Love, joy, and hope, like flowers, spring in His path to birth.
Before Him, on the mountains, shall peace, the herald, go,
And righteousness, in fountains, from hill to valley flow.

Arabia’s desert ranger to Him shall bow the knee;
The Ethiopian stranger His glory come to see;
With offerings of devotion ships from the isles shall meet,
To pour the wealth of oceans in tribute at His feet.

Kings shall fall down before Him, and gold and incense bring;
All nations shall adore Him, His praise all people sing;
For He shall have dominion o’er river, sea and shore,
Far as the eagle’s pinion or dove’s light wing can soar.

For Him shall prayer unceasing and daily vows ascend;
His kingdom still increasing, a kingdom without end:
The mountain dews shall nourish a seed in weakness sown,
Whose fruit shall spread and flourish and shake like Lebanon.

O’er every foe victorious, He on His throne shall rest;
From age to age more glorious, all blessing and all blest.
The tide of time shall never His covenant remove;
His Name shall stand forever, His Name to us is Love.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:49 AM

21,614 posts, read 30,183,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Hmmmmm, I see you still aren't getting the point. Being a follower of Christ really isn't about trying to get yourself or others to have a great after-life, but most people think that it is. Oh well.... just keep getting people turned on to the love, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost and all the other will work itself out

blessings,
- Byron

PS - God uses people in the process of reconciling all - so that's why we should co-operate and keep spreading the good word etc.
I get it, I know salvation is not just hell insurance. It is also about having a more fulfilled like now. But point I was trying to make to Birdy (and guess you too) is that hell is real and it is ETERNAL separation from God for those who reject Him.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:20 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,653,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
"The Lord will be terrible unto them; for He will famish all the gods of the earth, and men shall worship Him, every one from his place and all the isles of the heathen.....Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out all My burning anger; for all the earth will be devoured by the fire of My zeal. For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, that all of them may call upon the Name of the Lord, to serve Him with one consent, shoulder to shoulder."

3. All nations shall be gathered, all kingdoms gathered to the devouring fire of the Lord. For what purpose?

6. And the calling upon the Name of the Lord finalizes in all of them serving the Lord "with one consent."
Still discussing this?

Please refer to this thread:

Universal Reconciliation Foundational Verses: What do they really mean?

.. in order to find out the correct interpretation of these verses. They are referring to the gospel era which we live in, where God is calling all men to repentance.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I get it, I know salvation is not just hell insurance. It is also about having a more fulfilled like now. But point I was trying to make to Birdy (and guess you too) is that hell is real and it is ETERNAL separation from God for those who reject Him.
All four hells, plus the verses that the translators of the K.J.V. have seen fit to translate as grave and pit, from the same Hebrew sh@'owl, most certainly have nothing to do with "fire insurance". Birdy knows that all four hells are real: the question is what is hell?

It most certainly is not "eternal separation from God." Please show us where this thought of yours originates!

Search Hell

HERE

There are 54 Scriptures that have been translated from sheol, hades, gehenna, and tartaroo as hell in the K.J.V. And added to these 54 passages, rooted in the same word sheol in Hebrew, the K.J.V. translators saw fit to translate as "pit" or "grave".

And then we come to the New Covenant where in the K.J.V. we read "O death, where is thy sting: O grave, where is thy victory." Or, should it?

It should read "O death, where is thy sting: O hell, where is thy victory."

Grave= a/&dhß= hades

So, we now have added to the 54 passages, the passages translated as grave or pit, and the passage in 1 Cor. 15:55 translated as grave, from hades/ a/&dhß.

Sheol

31 verses translated as hell +

Hades

10 verses + I Cor. 15:55

Gehenna

12 verses all translated as hell

7 in St. Matthew

3 in St. Mark

1 in St. Luke

1 in James

Tartarus

1 in St. Peter

Sheol & Hadees

HERE

Last edited by Birdy_56; 03-17-2008 at 01:34 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Still discussing this?
Actually there has been no discussion of what the prophet has declared.

Quote:
.. in order to find out the correct interpretation of these verses. They are referring to the gospel era which we live in, where God is calling all men to repentance.
That is a unique concept indeed. All the heathen, all nations, all men, are now experiencing the burning anger of the Lord: all nations, all men, all the heathen, are now standing shoulder to shoulder, with one consent to serve Him with purified lips? Wow: this must be insider knowledge, C.G.

6. And the calling upon the Name of the Lord finalizes in all of them serving the Lord "with one consent

Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Gen. 37:15

And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him: but he refused to be comforted; and he said, For I will go down into hell unto my son mourning. Thus his father wept for him.

Gen. 42:38

And he said, My son shall not go down with you; for his brother is dead, and he is left alone: if mischief befall him by the way in which ye go, then shall ye bring my gray hairs with sorrow to hell.

1 Samuel 2:6

The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to hell, and bringeth up again.

Job 14:13

O that thou wouldest hide me in hell, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldst appoint me a set time, and remember me.

Hosea 13:14

I will ransom them from the power of hell; I will redeem them from death.' O death, I will be thy plagues; O hell I will be thy destruction; repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Psalm 88:3

For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth unto hell.

Psalm 30:3

Oh Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from hell: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down into the pit.

1 Cor. 15:55

O death, where is thy sting: O hell, where is thy victory.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:53 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,113,331 times
Amen, thank for sharing, Birdy!
Quote:

Let me repeat....The Lord Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. That, my friend, is fact. And it is also a fact that St. Paul declares that the whole of created life shall be delivered from the slavery of sin, not might be, or could be, the whole of created life (the ktisis) shall be delivered."

There are two classes of mankind, "they" and "us", the us are the elect first fruits, "chosen beforehand, in accordance with the intention of Him who worketh, all things after the counsel of His own will." Make zero mistake, Alpha, both we who have the foretaste of the spirit, and they who still groan under the chains of sin, as slaves of sin, shall be delivered. That, Alpha, is endorsed by the Bank of Heaven.

Quote:
From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists, and in Him everything ends.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-17-2008 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or