Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 02:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God isn't, so why are you?

Ah, it's called a cauterized conscience.
"My sheep hear my voice: And I know them, and they follow me."

It’s the voice within, that has not been scorched or corrupted with the flames of hell.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 04:20 PM

668 posts, read 690,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The truth you think you have came from the same ancient ignorance that thought the earth was the center of the universe,, the earth was flat, etc. My truth has the advantage of over 2000+ more years of knowledge and understanding behind it looking at the same inspirations. My interpretations of those inspirations are very different from the savage and barbaric ones you accept. Mine are completely compatible with Christ's revelations about the TRUE NATURE of our loving God. I will trust in Christ . . . NOT the ancient ignorance of our savage primitive ancestors.
Dream on! I pray you will see the truth before it's too late for you.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:49 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
FBB, I'm just kind of curious, why is it so dangerous to believe that Christ is ALL VICTORIOUS over sin and death, that He undoes all Adam did for us? Why is it so dangerous to believe Christ is greater than Adam in Romans 5:12,18,19?

Why is it so dangerous to be obedient to God when He tells us to charge and teach in 1 Timothy 4:11 that God IS the Saviour of all mankind, especially (not exclusively) them that believe? What are you waiting for? an engraved invitation from God to start doing this?

Old 12-14-2013, 02:57 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
The truth you think you have came from the same ancient ignorance that thought the earth was the center of the universe,, the earth was flat, etc. My truth has the advantage of over 2000+ more years of knowledge and understanding behind it looking at the same inspirations. My interpretations of those inspirations are very different from the savage and barbaric ones you accept. Mine are completely compatible with Christ's revelations about the TRUE NATURE of our loving God. I will trust in Christ . . . NOT the ancient ignorance of our savage primitive ancestors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Dream on! I pray you will see the truth before it's too late for you.
What do you think I lack, FBB? I believe on Christ and follow His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when I don't. What truth do I fail to see that you think is important?

Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 AM

668 posts, read 690,628 times
Quote:
What do you think I lack, FBB? I believe on Christ and follow His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when I don't. What truth do I fail to see that you think is important?
I will be glad to answer you in an appropriate thread. Don't want to go off topic. Start one if you are sincere and seeking the truth.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:04 AM

525 posts, read 348,281 times
FundamentalBibleBeliever,

re: "I will be glad to answer you in an appropriate thread. Don't want to go off topic."

So why did you make the comment in your post #102 if it was concerned with an off topic issue?

Old 12-16-2013, 05:05 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post

Was it the desire of God that Adam and Eve rebel? No. Was it God's will that David commit adultery? No. Yet, they did the very thing God did not want. God desires that all people repent (Acts 17:30); but not all do. Clearly, God's will is not always done.
I disagree with you on this point. God clearly knew that if he put the forbidden tree in the midst of the garden that Adam and Eve would stumble. It was part of his plan. Why? Because he wanted us to have an understanding of good and evil which would be impossible without tasting the consequences of transgressing the Royal Law. It was God who fore-ordained us to be subjected to mortality, futility, suffering and death for His own good purpose. It's not that complicated. He could not make us perfect without allowing us to first be imperfect. Otherwise we would not KNOW the awesomeness of His MERCY, FORGIVENESS, GOODNESS unless we experienced those things that are opposed to it.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:11 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I disagree with you on this point. God clearly knew that if he put the forbidden tree in the midst of the garden that Adam and Eve would stumble. It was part of his plan. Why? Because he wanted us to have an understanding of good and evil which would be impossible without tasting the consequences of transgressing the Royal Law. It was God who fore-ordained us to be subjected to mortality, futility, suffering and death for His own good purpose. It's not that complicated. He could not make us perfect without allowing us to first be imperfect. Otherwise we would not KNOW the awesomeness of His MERCY, FORGIVENESS, GOODNESS unless we experienced those things that are opposed to it.
I agree to a point Heartsong, I'm not convinced that it was to learn the difference between good and evil so much, but to learn who we truly are, which to me is the rising from the dead when we are convinced of who we are.

Scripture says in death no one remembers you, and being in this world of death Adam died, forgetting who he was,then only a few generations later, man began to call upon the name of The Lord. This is saying to me that man began his journey back to discovering who he is, convincing himself it is God who he is looking for, only to discover that he is very much God himself simply fragmented in this world of vanity.

The bread of life was truly broken .

But don't listen to me,I'm off my rocker

Old 12-16-2013, 07:02 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
God not only put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the very midst of the garden, He also put the snake in the garden and the woman. And to top it off, God created Adam and Eve flesh knowing full well in advance that "The flesh is not able to please God and is not subject to His law" (see Romans 8).

Therefore, when God laid down the law in the garden, He knew full well that their flesh would not please Him nor do His law Thou shalt not eat.

This was so death would enter into all mankind and this dying would cause all mankind to sin. (see Romans 5:12) and so God had this occur so Christ would come into the world and undo all Adam did (see Romans 5:18,19).

If one's conscience does not revolt at God eternally torturing men, women and children, there is something wrong with your conscience.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:23 AM

525 posts, read 348,281 times
Are we really to believe that sin is so repugnant to the supreme being, but torturing someone 24/7 for eternity isn't?

I just don't understand why people want to believe that the fate of the unsaved is to spend eternity in conscious torment when there is simply no clear scripture to support that belief. I don't understand why they try to read into scripture something that makes the loving supreme being of the Bible into a heartless monster. I simply do not understand what there is that makes them want to do that when there is no need to. Why do they want to believe that a loving supreme being will horribly torture a person for eternity because during their fleeting few years of life they didn't satisfy certain requirements? I just don't understand why they wouldn't rather believe that a loving supreme being will wipe the person mercifully out of existence because for some reason they didn't or couldn't meet these requirements and didn't develop or have the potential to develop the right character needed to spend eternity with this supreme being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity