Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 12:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Death the way you believe does not exist
When I mention cancer and death, I am obviously talking about physical life, and I can assure you that both exist exactly the way I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 12:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When I mention cancer and death, I am obviously talking about physical life, and I can assure you that both exist exactly the way I see it.
Do either of them prevent you from going to the heaven you believe in ?. Of cause not, so this is not the death that is going to be swallowed up in victory, for your body is not you and neither can it inherit the kingdom of God.

The concept of death you believe in more is going to be swallowed up in victory

Old 12-18-2013, 01:00 PM

68 posts, read 61,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Psa 92:7 The wicked bud like herbage, And all contrivers of lawlessness blossom, But only that they be exterminated until the future,

Obviously "exterminated" cannot mean "forever" since it is only "until the future."

Satan will one day be reconciled to God (Colossians 1:20). All at enmity to God will be reconciled. Satan is at enmity, therefore Satan must be reconciled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
How did you conclude 'until the future' ? when Psalm 92 v 7 says destroyed forever or annihilated forever ?_______

At Colossians 1 v 23 is the word "IF". ' If ' we continue in the faith.....
So, all in heaven and earth ' if ' one continues....

Doesn't Mark 10 v 45 and Matthew 20 v 28 say Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all ?______

What happens to Satan according to Hebrew 2 v 14 B ? _______________
Who ends up in that symbolic ' second death ' according to Revelation 21 v 8 ?________
Actually some interlinears say "until the future" http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...Tpdf/psa92.pdf

The problem is you keep thinking of destruction in a literal sense. Ill just post my response in another thread, here:

Sin an enemy of God 1st John 3:8, and Jesus came to put under his feet and destroy all his enemies, including both sin and death 1st Corinthians 15:25-26. The only exception that will not be put under the Lord's feet is the Lord himself: For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 1st Cor. 15:27

Now if the Lord is the only exception, what about the righteous? It's not difficult to understand, we were all born with a sinful nature, and to be born again that nature must be destroyed/put under the Lord's feet:

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. Romans 6:6

He will again have pity on us; he will put our sins under his feet: and you will send all our sins down into the heart of the sea. Micah 7:19

We were once enemies (Colossians 1:21), and our wicked ways were destroyed and put under the lord's feet. Everyone will be put under the Lord's feet by having their sinful nature destroyed, either now or later. The ONLY exception is The Lord.

And for those that will say "well then why do those born again still sin?" It's because we do things in part until the Lord returns to the earth: For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 1st Corinthians 13:9-10

Colossians 1:20 says all will be reconciled but in verse 21 some are reconciled right now:
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
The "if" is a reference to those reconciled right NOW. "if" you continue in the faith than you are reconciled right NOW, but all will be reconciled.

I can show you verses in the Bible where many means everyone:

and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53:12. Did Jesus only die for the sins of some people? No, he died for the sins of everyone. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1st John 2:2

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead...Romans 5:15. Did Adam cause death to reign to only few people? No death by Adam reigned to everyone. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. Romans 5:14

Now read verse 19
For as by one man's (Adam) disobedience many (everyone) were made sinners, so by the obedience of one (Jesus) shall many (same group of people) be made righteous.

The verse is parallel, if the first many is everyone then so is the second. Especially if Paul says grace MUCH more abound over sin in the very next verse. Or do you believe that Adams sin much more abounds over Jesus blood, and that Adam's sin condemns more than Jesus blood saves?

Old 12-18-2013, 01:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Do either of them prevent you from going to the heaven you believe in ?. Of cause not, so this is not the death that is going to be swallowed up in victory, for your body is not you and neither can it inherit the kingdom of God.

The concept of death you believe in more is going to be swallowed up in victory
I am sorry my posts went over your head.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sorry my posts went over your head.
I see so you understand that death is swallowed up in victory

Old 12-18-2013, 01:20 PM

987 posts, read 1,119,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
Actually some interlinears say "until the future" http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...Tpdf/psa92.pdf

The problem is you keep thinking of destruction in a literal sense. Ill just post my response in another thread, here:

Sin an enemy of God 1st John 3:8, and Jesus came to put under his feet and destroy all his enemies, including both sin and death 1st Corinthians 15:25-26. The only exception that will not be put under the Lord's feet is the Lord himself: For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 1st Cor. 15:27

Now if the Lord is the only exception, what about the righteous? It's not difficult to understand, we were all born with a sinful nature, and to be born again that nature must be destroyed/put under the Lord's feet:

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. Romans 6:6

He will again have pity on us; he will put our sins under his feet: and you will send all our sins down into the heart of the sea. Micah 7:19

We were once enemies (Colossians 1:21), and our wicked ways were destroyed and put under the lord's feet. Everyone will be put under the Lord's feet by having their sinful nature destroyed, either now or later. The ONLY exception is The Lord.

And for those that will say "well then why do those born again still sin?" It's because we do things in part until the Lord returns to the earth: For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 1st Corinthians 13:9-10

Colossians 1:20 says all will be reconciled but in verse 21 some are reconciled right now:
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
The "if" is a reference to those reconciled right NOW. "if" you continue in the faith than you are reconciled right NOW, but all will be reconciled.

I can show you verses in the Bible where many means everyone:

and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53:12. Did Jesus only die for the sins of some people? No, he died for the sins of everyone. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1st John 2:2

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead...Romans 5:15. Did Adam cause death to reign to only few people? No death by Adam reigned to everyone. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. Romans 5:14

Now read verse 19
For as by one man's (Adam) disobedience many (everyone) were made sinners, so by the obedience of one (Jesus) shall many (same group of people) be made righteous.

The verse is parallel, if the first many is everyone then so is the second. Especially if Paul says grace MUCH more abound over sin in the very next verse. Or do you believe that Adams sin much more abounds over Jesus blood, and that Adam's sin condemns more than Jesus blood saves?
Awesome post!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:39 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Death the way you believe does not exist, and the fruit of the spirit is God manifest. The fear of what we believe is death will be swallowed up in victory.
Yes, because of the resurrection - Acts 24 v 15; Rev. 1 v 18 - death will be swallowed up in victory - Isaiah 25 v 8 -
because ' enemy death ' will be brought to nothing - 1st Cor. 15 v 26 - during Jesus' coming 1000-year reign over earth,
and by the end of Jesus' millennium-long day of reigning over earth ' death will be No more ' - Rev. 21 vs 4,5 - ever again.
Because of Jesus there will be the permanent healing or curing of earth's nations - Rev. 22 vs 2,17

Old 12-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Yes, Jesus died for the sins of all people [ 1st John 1 v 7 ], Not the sins of the fallen angels- Jude vs 5,6

And the reason Matthew 20 v 28 can say that Jesus' ransom only covers MANY and does Not say all is because Not all will end up repenting.

The unrepentant wicked will be destroyed forever- Psalm 92 v 7 - they will perish [ be destroyed ] according to 2nd Peter 3 v9

Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 PM

68 posts, read 61,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, Jesus died for the sins of all people [ 1st John 1 v 7 ], Not the sins of the fallen angels- Jude vs 5,6

And the reason Matthew 20 v 28 can say that Jesus' ransom only covers MANY and does Not say all is because Not all will end up repenting.

The unrepentant wicked will be destroyed forever- Psalm 92 v 7 - they will perish [ be destroyed ] according to 2nd Peter 3 v9
That isn't what Jude 5,6 says.

Oh really? Jesus only ransomed some and not all? For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time. 1st Timothy 2:5-6

1st Corinthians 15 as I already showed you says all enemies will be destroyed and put under Jesus feet. The ONLY exception is God. How were you, who was once an enemy, get destroy/put you under the Lord's feet?

If many can't mean everyone and always only means "some" then why does then why does Romans 5 say that the sin of Adam abounded to MANY? It's not possible for Adam to condemn more that Christ saves if grace abounds MUCH more than sin

It's like you didn't even read my post:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 1st Timothy 4:3-4

Old 12-18-2013, 04:34 PM

Mark and Matthew are Not contradicting Paul when Matthew 20 v 28 says Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does not say all.
Romans 5 v 19 agrees that MANY [ not all ] will be made righteous.

So, the 'all' of 1st Timothy 2 v 6 is for all who will end up faithful. Matthew 24 v 13 the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Those who choose to remain wicked [ unrepentant ] will perish or be destroyed. - 2nd Peter 3 v 9.

Jesus gave two choices: Life or ' perish ' [ be destroyed ] at John 3 v 16 B.

What would be the point of Ezekiel 3 vs 18-21 saying to also warn the righteous if all were saved ?

Who is destroyed at 2nd Thessalonians 2 v 8 ?_______
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity