Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 04:12 PM

264 posts, read 349,012 times

Advertisements

For someone to come up to you and compliment that you have beautiful looking children?
Or
For them to say you have such well mannered children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 04:27 PM

198 posts, read 261,280 times
Well mannered. Looks fade. Personality last forever

Old 11-27-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
Well mannered. Looks fade. Personality last forever
Absolutely!
Outwardly beauty is only for man's eyes to get favor, so we may dazzled by the wrappings, but I hope we likes what's inside because it is ours for life rather it be children or a spouse.

But inwardly beauty where God looks outweighs, for it makes for blessings to come to you, your good family name and your child throughout his entire life. For inward beauty in children or people in general is as rare as diamonds.

Ever see a child in the store throwing a tantrum? It not only brings rolling eyes but shame to the parent who obviously has spoiled their child ROTTEN with LOVE man's way... meaning buying their love instead of doing what's best for their child by teaching them godly behavior that brings them honor and adoration all the days of their life.

There is nothing wrong with having good looks as well, but true beauty is more than skin deep and never fades.
If anyone has children that may not be the most beautiful to the eye, you may have a better advantage to make godly children of them. Because they will desire to find something that makes them more attractive. To be well mannered, God fearing, and wisdom of God seeking will put them on TOP, leaving the shallow looks of just physical beauty in the dust after the glitter falls off.

Many also believe that looks and or money makes for a thing to desire, but God is looking for us to seek to be rich and beautiful children of His beginning inwardly, but eventually will manifest OUTWARDLY. For He owns the whole world and everything and one in it and can give it to whom so ever He sees FIT:

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
KJV

Old 11-27-2013, 06:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,168,127 times
Which would give you more pride?

My daughters' are attractive and well behaved.
But neither, makes me prideful.

Although, I do appreciate the fact that they reach out to those in need.
They are diamonds in the rough; exceptional ladies in my book of life.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:23 PM

9,663 posts, read 9,925,106 times
I make it a point to rebuke any pride or calling pride to Jesus , as to remove any authority of pride spirits trying to posses any authority , even to the authority of family members , as with family members Christians are not called to be proud of their children , but to make a covenant with family members so to be blessed in Christ and what Jesus is doing with the family members ,.... See some could look at this and say this is to far .... But God is not a proud spirit and God will bless people who prove that they are humble and sincere about it .... See there is a red serpent who is a fallen angel which will hold curses of pride on people who do not resist this dark spirit which is Not of God through Jesus ..... See the world and its undiscerned spiritually will say `I am proud of my kids` ...... BUT Christians who are born in the spirit and should be spiritually discerned by Holy Spirit should say ``I am blessed in Jesus for my kids ``

Old 11-27-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Which would give you more pride?

My daughters' are attractive and well behaved.
But neither, makes me prideful.

Although, I do appreciate the fact that they reach out to those in need.
They are diamonds in the rough; exceptional ladies in my book of life.

When I used the word PRIDE I was not referring to a pride that is of arrogance but a good pride as in never to shame you or themselves. It is good to reach out to the poor, for Jesus told us to do that. However, He doesn't really want us to bring them ham sandwiches because they don't have anything to eat. He wants us to bring a loaf of BREAD OF LIFE which is the Word of God and get them to feed upon the MEAT of it. Now that is one powerful meal that will not only fill their soul but allow God to provide the food for their bellies as they learn to LOOK UP in THANKSGIVING so they will NEVER HUNGER, NEVER THIRST AND NEVER EVEN DIE!
It is ANGELS FOOD!
John 6:32-43
32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?
43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
KJV
Ps 78:25
25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.
KJV

Old 11-27-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I make it a point to rebuke any pride or calling pride to Jesus , as to remove any authority of pride spirits trying to posses any authority , even to the authority of family members , as with family members Christians are not called to be proud of their children , but to make a covenant with family members so to be blessed in Christ and what Jesus is doing with the family members ,.... See some could look at this and say this is to far .... But God is not a proud spirit and God will bless people who prove that they are humble and sincere about it .... See there is a red serpent who is a fallen angel which will hold curses of pride on people who do not resist this dark spirit which is Not of God through Jesus ..... See the world and its undiscerned spiritually will say `I am proud of my kids` ...... BUT Christians who are born in the spirit and should be spiritually discerned by Holy Spirit should say ``I am blessed in Jesus for my kids ``
Again I say, I am not talking about arrogance. Even God showed His pride in His Son who please Him.
2 Peter 1:17-18
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
KJV

Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,244,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
for someone to come up to you and compliment that you have beautiful looking children?
Or
for them to say you have such well mannered children?
b

Old 11-27-2013, 07:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,168,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
When I used the word PRIDE I was not referring to a pride that is of arrogance but a good pride as in never to shame you or themselves.
You write, as if, others cannot think or reason for themselves?

Quote:
It is good to reach out to the poor, for Jesus told us to do that. However, He doesn't really want us to bring them ham sandwiches because they don't have anything to eat.
Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in to your home.
Naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you came to visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to see Me
.'

You are correct, there is no mention of a ham-sandwich?

Quote:
He wants us to bring a loaf of BREAD OF LIFE which is the Word of God and get them to feed upon the MEAT of it. Now that is one powerful meal that will not only fill their soul but allow God to provide the food for their bellies, as they learn to LOOK UP in THANKSGIVING, so they will NEVER HUNGER, NEVER THIRST AND NEVER EVEN DIE!
News flash!

You will experience the state of dying.

(BTW - Angel Food Cake is a favorite of mine)

Old 11-27-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
b
you have chosen well : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity