Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 07:18 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
What the world needs now, is love sweet love,
it's the only thing that their's just too little of...
Ummmm, NO.

Some here continue to disparage fundamentalists and slander God's message.

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Rom 10:17

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching,
rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, Tim 3:16

But truth doesn't matter to those with itching ears:
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound doctrine,
but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers
to suit their own passions 2 Tim 4:3

But as for me, I will continue to preach the word in season and
out of season, to reprove, rebuke, and encourage, with patience
and sound doctrine.
Love it ! great stuff Rex....... no they are militantly against his word yet claim
TO BE ABLE TO SPREAD HIS 'love' as their own.. really sad stuff going on around here. AT BEST building with hay wood and stubble while PROBABLY smoking a joint , IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME AND THE RIGHT SPARK THEN EVERYONE AROUND THEM GOES UP IN FLAMES .

Old 09-24-2017, 07:45 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Love it ! great stuff Rex....... no they are militantly against his word yet claim
TO BE ABLE TO SPREAD HIS 'love' as their own.. really sad stuff going on around here. AT BEST building with hay wood and stubble while PROBABLY smoking a joint , IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME AND THE RIGHT SPARK THEN EVERYONE AROUND THEM GOES UP IN FLAMES .
Well, the wood hay and stubble, I consider to be a different thing, and a different thread (would love to discuss that at length, but will be on mission in a few hours, and have to get ready), but my assessment is that they understand neither the Bible, nor the Gospel, and are not open to understanding either.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Well, the wood hay and stubble, I consider to be a different thing, and a different thread (would love to discuss that at length, but will be on mission in a few hours, and have to get ready), but my assessment is that they understand neither the Bible, nor the Gospel, and are not open to understanding either.

And I'd say that's a very accurate assessment. Peace

Old 09-24-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
very true..... sure let me know about the hay wood and stubble... to me it is about human effort as opposed to following God's steps and His plans and His directions > his spirit and his word .. which yield solid firm foundations and his directions good cut stones to build with. got a another veiw or a different angle , or layer on it ? .. I'd love it hear it.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:58 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
From my previous post:
Quote:
There is only one true religion and one correct way of life; and these must be defended against inroads from other religions and secularism.
Oh, you mean like when Jesus said "I AM The Way, The Truth,
and The Life. No one comes to The Father, but by Me.

And when He said "narrow is The Way"

Yes, Only One True Way.

Quote:
The point is to “be separate” so where there are similar groups the slight differences are exaggerated — the heretic being more of a threat than the infidel!
Like poisoned candy being more dangerous than properly marked poison?
Yes, the Heretic can be more dangerous than a heathen.
(Infidel isn't a term I use for non believers, but heathen is sufficiant.)

As for the other things you wish to learn, you are welcome to listen to the Fundamentalists.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Oh, you mean like when Jesus said "I AM The Way, The Truth,
and The Life. No one comes to The Father, but by Me.

And when He said "narrow is The Way"

Yes, Only One True Way.

Like poisoned candy being more dangerous than properly marked poison?
Yes, the Heretic can be more dangerous than a heathen.
(Infidel isn't a term I use for non believers, but heathen is sufficiant.)

As for the other things you wish to learn, you are welcome to listen to the Fundamentalists.
The way which is narrow is difficult to walk when you carry all the baggage of bible fundamentalism. I sincerely believe that not one bible fundamentalist as set foot on the narrow way, because to walk it you have to let go of everything you have ever believed, something a fundy would never intend doing, because their life is a belief system.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:39 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The way which is narrow is difficult to walk when you carry all the baggage of bible fundamentalism. I sincerely believe that not one bible fundamentalist as set foot on the narrow way, because to walk it you have to let go of everything you have ever believed, something a fundy would never intend doing, because their life is a belief system.
Or those who claim to have God's spirit, and reject the Bible (except for a couple of scriptures they like) have to let go of their error to actually even find the right path let alone walk it to the end.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Obviously you don't take time to realize the hypocrisy of sneering at the fundy for their supposed life belief system, while not seeing yours as a "life is a belief system"
" i'm about nothing other than what i believe being a reality in my life," ~pcamps

Old 09-24-2017, 08:16 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Or those who claim to have God's spirit, and reject the Bible (except for a couple of scriptures they like) have to let go of their error to actually even find the right path let alone walk it to the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Obviously you don't take time to realize the hypocrisy of sneering at the fundy for their supposed life belief system, while not seeing yours as a "life is a belief system"
" i'm about nothing other than what i believe being a reality in my life," ~pcamps
What you so-called Christians fail to understand is that Jesus is ALL ABOUT agape love NOT a bunch of "precepts and doctrines of men" that He warned us about. Sad, very, very sad!

Old 09-24-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
something a fundy would never intend doing, because their life is a belief system.
well you can tell you never on the road either.. because my road he made my drop my theology over and over and over and over and he rebuilt it ...until I am where you don't want to be, and would never follow him to this place. so loved by the masse , just like our master and Lord.. hum.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity