U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 04:44 AM

4,723 posts, read 1,203,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
All things were created by the spoken word, the spoken word is not the bible, what part of this scripture do you not get ?

Search the scriptures; for in them ye(like the scribe and pharisee) THINK ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

NEXT VERSE
And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Quite clearly in these 2 verses the Word who IS Jesus Christ is saying here, come to me not the scriptures. If eternal life could be found in the scriptures Jesus would have told you, but he emphatically says come to him not them. So how can you are saying they are the same?. He is the Life not the scriptures. You have like all fundamentalists have believed a lie about what the scriptures are.

You curse Jesus Christ every time you say scriptures are eternal life.
No one says the Scriptures are eternal, That is something you have made up. I challenge you to post where anyone said that. You have learned to twist Scripture for your own man-made, false theology. It is ironic that you say Jesus is saying come to Him, not the Scriptures, then quote Scripture

How can we know anything about God without the Scriptures. God inspired them do we can know the truth.

We all need to be Berean Christians from Missouri. What did the Bereans do to find the truth(Acts 17:11)?
What did this do for some of them(Acts 17:12)?

What is a lamp to our feet and a guide to our path? Psalm 119:105

Old 09-29-2017, 04:57 AM

16,152 posts, read 7,598,357 times
Quote:

NewAgeCamps, waits for this to be twisted into "The Son is the bible and it is the bible we need to be listening to"
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
NO the SON is the Word, the word became flesh... he wrote the word .. just like he got a 8 year old girl to paint his picture ....

and you just cursed the one who wrote the the bible..
if he can get a 8 year old raised by Atheist to paint his picture from her dreams. confirmed by a christian baby boy who died and saw jesus and his dead sister(miscarriage his mom had that they didn't know what the baby was, and his grandfather )but he did not know about the miscarriage at 2 he was never told . Sure he can get a bunch of old jews to keep his scripture and history pure..

so you curse him who is the word .
2 days till yom Kippur !
You didn't hold your breath did you?

Old 09-29-2017, 11:05 AM

32,042 posts, read 21,015,082 times
Quote:
NO the SON is the Word, the word became flesh... he wrote the word .. just like he got a 8 year old girl to paint his picture ....

if he can get a 8 year old raised by Atheist to paint his picture from her dreams. confirmed by a christian baby boy who died and saw jesus and his dead sister(miscarriage his mom had that they didn't know what the baby was, and his grandfather )but he did not know about the miscarriage at 2 he was never told . Sure he can get a bunch of old jews to keep his scripture and history pure..

2 days till yom Kippur !
As lovely as the athiest pictures of her dreams are and baby boys seeing Jesus, you should not get carried away with signs and wonders, you should rooted and established in the love of God, then you will not be running to and fro seeking the next sensation or proff that God exists, becausse you will know for sure that he exists in you.

Yom Kippur, sounds lovely, are you having a party?, don't forget to invite Jesus, just in case you run out of wine.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post

The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord,
searching all his innermost parts.

Proverbs 20:27

Old 09-29-2017, 11:19 AM

9,251 posts, read 3,122,362 times
Quote:

2 days till yom Kippur !

Amen! Peace

Old 09-29-2017, 11:45 AM

8,671 posts, read 3,080,575 times
Quote:
All things were created by the spoken word, the spoken word is not the bible, what part of this scripture do you not get ?

Search the scriptures; for in them ye(like the scribe and pharisee) THINK ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

NEXT VERSE
And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Quite clearly in these 2 verses the Word who IS Jesus Christ is saying here, come to me not the scriptures. If eternal life could be found in the scriptures Jesus would have told you, but he emphatically says come to him not them. So how can you are saying they are the same?. He is the Life not the scriptures. You have like all fundamentalists have believed a lie about what the scriptures are.

You curse Jesus Christ every time you say scriptures are eternal life.
Start here
The Sheep know His Voice.
They will answer to no other.

After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/9896

Ten Talents?
Melachim(2 Kings
Now Naaman, the general of the king of Aram, was a prominent man before his lord and respected, for through him had the Lord given victory to Aram; and the man was a great warrior, and he was a mezora. אוְ֠נַעֲמָן שַׂר־צְבָ֨א מֶֽלֶךְ־אֲרָ֜ם הָיָ֣ה אִישׁ֩ גָּד֨וֹל לִפְנֵ֚י אֲדֹנָיו֙ וּנְשֹֻ֣א פָנִ֔ים כִּֽי־ב֛וֹ נָֽתַן־יְהֹוָ֥ה תְּשׁוּעָ֖ה לַאֲרָ֑ם וְהָאִ֗ישׁ הָיָ֛ה גִּבּ֥וֹר חַ֖יִל מְצֹרָֽע:
2Now the Arameans went out in bands and captured from the land of Israel a young girl, who ministered to Naaman's wife. בוַאֲרָם֙ יָצְא֣וּ גְדוּדִ֔ים וַיִּשְׁבּ֛וּ מֵאֶ֥רֶץ יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל נַעֲרָ֣ה קְטַנָּ֑ה וַתְּהִ֕י לִפְנֵ֖י אֵ֥שֶׁת נַעֲמָֽן:
3And she said to her mistress, "The supplications for my master should be that he go before the prophet who is in Samaria; then he would cure him of his zaraath. גוַתֹּ֙אמֶר֙ אֶל־גְּבִרְתָּ֔הּ אַחֲלֵ֣י אֲדֹנִ֔י לִפְנֵ֥י הַנָּבִ֖יא אֲשֶׁ֣ר בְּשֹׁמְר֑וֹן אָ֛ז יֶאֱסֹ֥ף אֹת֖וֹ מִצָּרַעְתּֽוֹ:
4And he came and told his master, saying, "In the following manner has the girl from the land of Israel spoken." דוַיָּבֹ֕א וַיַּגֵּ֥ד לַאדֹנָ֖יו לֵאמֹ֑ר כָּזֹ֚את וְכָזֹאת֙ דִּבְּרָ֣ה הַֽנַּעֲרָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֖ר מֵאֶ֥רֶץ יִשְׂרָאֵֽל:

5And the king of Aram said, "Come, go and I will send a letter to the king of Israel." He went and took in his possession ten talents of silver and six thousand gold pieces, and ten suits of clothes. הוַיֹּ֚אמֶר מֶֽלֶךְ־אֲרָם֙ לֶךְ־בֹּ֔א וְאֶשְׁלְחָ֥ה סֵ֖פֶר אֶל־מֶ֣לֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל וַיֵּלֶךְ֩ וַיִּקַּ֨ח בְּיָד֜וֹ עֶ֣שֶׂר כִּכְּרֵי־כֶ֗סֶף וְשֵׁ֚שֶׁת אֲלָפִים֙ זָהָ֔ב וְעֶ֖שֶׂר חֲלִיפ֥וֹת בְּגָדִֽים:

6And the letter came to the king of Israel, saying, "And now, when this letter comes to you, behold I have sent Naaman my servant to you, and you shall cure him of his zaraath. ווַיָּבֵ֣א הַסֵּ֔פֶר אֶל־מֶ֥לֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל לֵאמֹ֑ר וְעַתָּ֗ה כְּב֨וֹא הַסֵּ֚פֶר הַזֶּה֙ אֵלֶ֔יךָ הִנֵּ֨ה שָׁלַ֚חְתִּי אֵלֶ֙יךָ֙ אֶת־נַעֲמָ֣ן עַבְדִּ֔י וַאֲסַפְתּ֖וֹ מִצָּרַעְתּֽוֹ:
7And it was when the king of Israel read the letter, that he rent his garments, and said, "Do I have power from God to put to death and to bring to life, that this one sends to me to cure a man of his zaraath? Just know now and see that he is looking for a pretext against me." זוַיְהִ֡י כִּקְרֹא֩ מֶֽלֶךְ־יִשְׂרָאֵ֨ל אֶת־הַסֵּ֜פֶר וַיִּקְרַ֣ע בְּגָדָ֗יו וַיֹּ֙אמֶר֙ הַאֱלֹהִ֥ים אָ֙נִי֙ לְהָמִ֣ית וּֽלְהַחֲי֔וֹת כִּֽי־זֶה֙ שֹׁלֵ֣חַ אֵלַ֔י לֶאֱסֹ֥ף אִ֖ישׁ מִצָּֽרַעְתּ֑וֹ כִּ֚י אַךְ־דְּעֽוּ־נָא֙ וּרְא֔וּ כִּֽי־מִתְאַנֶּ֥ה ה֖וּא לִֽי:

8And it was when Elisha the man of God heard that the king of Israel had rent his garments, that he sent to the king, saying, "Why have you rent your garments? Let him come to me now, and let him know that there is a prophet in Israel." חוַיְהִ֞י כִּשְׁמֹ֣עַ | אֱלִישָׁ֣ע אִישׁ־הָאֱלֹהִ֗ים כִּֽי־קָרַ֚ע מֶֽלֶךְ־יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ אֶת־בְּגָדָ֔יו וַיִּשְׁלַח֙ אֶל־הַמֶּ֣לֶךְ לֵאמֹ֔ר לָ֥מָּה קָרַ֖עְתָּ בְּגָדֶ֑יךָ יָבֹֽא־נָ֣א אֵלַ֔י וְיֵדַ֕ע כִּ֛י יֵ֥שׁ נָבִ֖יא בְּיִשְׂרָאֵֽל:

9And Naaman came with his horses and with his chariots, and he stood at the doorway of Elisha's house. טוַיָּבֹ֥א נַעֲמָ֖ן בְּסוּסָ֣יו (כתיב בְּסוּסָ֣ו) וּבְרִכְבּ֑וֹ וַיַּעֲמֹ֥ד פֶּֽתַח־הַבַּ֖יִת לֶאֱלִישָֽׁע:
10And Elisha dispatched a messenger to him, saying, "Go and immerse yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your flesh will be restored to you, and you will become clean." יוַיִּשְׁלַ֥ח אֵלָ֛יו אֱלִישָׁ֖ע מַלְאָ֣ךְ לֵאמֹ֑ר הָל֗וֹךְ וְרָחַצְתָּ֚ שֶֽׁבַע־פְּעָמִים֙ בַּיַּרְדֵּ֔ן וְיָשֹׁ֧ב בְּשָׂרְךָ֛ לְךָ֖ וּטְהָֽר:

Last edited by pinacled; 09-29-2017 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Start here
The Sheep know His Voice.
They will answer to no other.

After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
The sheep hear the voice of Jesus Christ, they answer to no other voice. Jesus Christ is not the scriptures,the bible or the written.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
No one says the Scriptures are eternal, That is something you have made up. I challenge you to post where anyone said that. You have learned to twist Scripture for your own man-made, false theology. It is ironic that you say Jesus is saying come to Him, not the Scriptures, then quote Scripture

How can we know anything about God without the Scriptures. God inspired them do we can know the truth.

We all need to be Berean Christians from Missouri. What did the Bereans do to find the truth(Acts 17:11)?
What did this do for some of them(Acts 17:12)?

Old 09-29-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Did you get your Yom kippur party invite? and if you don't don't forget to be wearing your phylacteries to impress Jesus with if he shows up.

As a matter of fact I did, He invited me and I accepted. Peace

Old 09-29-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well if Jesus is the word of God and Jesus is eternal life then the bible has got to be eternal life ?.

Can i get an Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity