U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:33 PM
 
Location: New England
31,934 posts, read 20,983,737 times
Reputation: 2254

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And what Spirit did He speak to the fathers by the prophets, BY? Is the Spirit divided? Peace
Today he speaks by his son, how hard is that to understand? A greater than Solomon is here, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:37 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 3,113,625 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Today he speaks by his son, how hard is that to understand? A greater than Solomon is here, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Greater because He had the full measure of His Spirit, not a portion, BUT they had the same Spirit, none the less, as the Spirit is not divided. That's why they were called "living oracles of G-d" by the writer, because the Spirit gave them what to write. Peace
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 PM
 
Location: New England
31,934 posts, read 20,983,737 times
Reputation: 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Greater because He had the full measure of His Spirit, not a portion, BUT they had the same Spirit, none the less, as the Spirit is not divided. That's why they were called "living oracles of G-d" by the writer, because the Spirit gave them what to write. Peace
Exactly, so we listen to the one who Speak has God. So when Jesus said to James and John when they wanted him to call fire down from heaven, you boys do not know what Spirit you are of, are you saying Elijah was in the Spirit when he called fire from heaven ?. You do know you can misuse the Spirit, intenionally and ignorantly. That is why we listen to Jesus Christ and test all things BY HIM.
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:43 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,073,602 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.



46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?



They all ate the same spiritual food 4and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:44 PM
 
Location: New England
31,934 posts, read 20,983,737 times
Reputation: 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
citing scripture!

It never lay in stone?
You are being hasty. What do you know of the Foundation.

And the stone being rolled away by angels?
What was it John the baptist said.
More than you, you need to remove the stone to reveal Christ.

Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away


What are you looking at when the veil is taken away ?

He's alive He's alive in me
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:44 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 3,113,625 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Exactly, so we listen to the one who Speak has God. So when Jesus said to James and John when they wanted him to call fire down from heaven, you boys do not know what Spirit you are of, are you saying Elijah was in the Spirit when he called fire from heaven ?. You do know you can misuse the Spirit, intenionally and ignorantly. That is why we listen to Jesus Christ and test all things BY HIM.

Who is greater? Elijah, or the One the fire had to come from? Peace
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 3,113,625 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
More than you, you need to remove the stone to reveal Christ.

Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away

What are you looking at when the veil is taken away ?

When the veil of the carnal mind is taken away, you see Christ in all the writings, which is exactly what Jesus said. Peace
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 PM
 
8,671 posts, read 3,073,602 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Exactly, so we listen to the one who Speak has God. So when Jesus said to James and John when they wanted him to call fire down from heaven, you boys do not know what Spirit you are of, are you saying Elijah was in the Spirit when he called fire from heaven ?. You do know you can misuse the Spirit, intenionally and ignorantly. That is why we listen to Jesus Christ and test all things BY HIM.
What do you know of Eliyahu
or Yirmiyahu


With the same spirit would you speak against the prophets in spirit.




But somewhere it is testified in these words: "What is man, that You are mindful of him, or the son of man, that You care for him?
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:47 PM
 
Location: New England
31,934 posts, read 20,983,737 times
Reputation: 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
They all ate the same spiritual food 4and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
And all died in the wilderness.
 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:51 PM
 
9,241 posts, read 3,113,625 times
Reputation: 687
No, only those of the age of accountability who missed the mark; the young went into the promised land, for such is the kingdom of heaven. Rachel must die to birth Benjamin. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top