Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2017, 11:16 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Mans spirit ' is ego ' is a pretence that is entirely wrong. And stems from the father of lies.
What about it is wrong/pretense?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:16 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yeah, but the stones formed by man's spirit isn't ignorance of ego, it's pure ego. If he put "ego" in parentheses, it would have made sense.

yes?
Are you attempting to hijack the thread?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What about it is wrong/pretense?
This is the Christianity Forum.

Take the subject elsewhere.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:24 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Are you attempting to hijack the thread?
Was that a joke?
I'm hoping it was.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yeah, but the stones formed by man's spirit isn't ignorance of ego, it's pure ego. If he put "ego" in parentheses, it would have made sense.

yes?
I'm not sure I'm understanding the distinction you are making? To me, he's saying that attempting to make your beliefs about what the bible means to you the litmus test for what it should mean to everyone else, is done out of ignorance of ego (thinking that God can only work in others [give life] in the same way God is working in you.)

Last edited by Pleroo; 09-30-2017 at 11:34 AM..

Old 09-30-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
This is the Christianity Forum.

Take the subject elsewhere.
The subject is Christianity. The quote was from a Christian talking about Christianity.

"There is another way that stones are used in the Bible and that is to cause death to another person. Remember, stones aren’t always polished smooth by the spirit of truth. Many times they are polished by deception, and when we hastily and insistently throw our own perceptions and deceptions into the soul of another, it can cause permanent damage to another soul, even stoning them to death (spiritually speaking). Have you ever ran up on someone who insisted that they kill the truth within you and replace it with their own version, such as a persistent religious fanatic preaching “the truth?” This is why it is written that the tongue is a fire. Our words are spirit, so we must be careful what manner of spirit we are instilling in another...

Stones formed by man’s spirit (the ignorance of ego) are deceptive and can cause a soul to be “stoned to death,” and they build temples that will not stand the test of time"

~ Chris Kidd

The Spiritual and Esoteric Meaning of Rocks and Stones in the Bible | Made Worthy

Your posts are coming across rather testy, Pin. Would you be willing to tell me why you are upset, if you are?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:32 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I'm understanding the distinction you are making? To me, he's saying that attempting to make your beliefs about what the bible means to you the litmus test for what it should mean to everyone else, is done out of ignorance of ego (thinking that what God can only work in others in the same way God is working in you.)
LOL. I am totally confused and this is going to drive me crazy.
I'm going to continue this in a direct message because I'm actually NOT trying to take this thread offtopic, *AHEM*, PINACLED.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
The subject is Christianity. The quote was from a Christian talking about Christianity.

"There is another way that stones are used in the Bible and that is to cause death to another person. Remember, stones aren’t always polished smooth by the spirit of truth. Many times they are polished by deception, and when we hastily and insistently throw our own perceptions and deceptions into the soul of another, it can cause permanent damage to another soul, even stoning them to death (spiritually speaking). Have you ever ran up on someone who insisted that they kill the truth within you and replace it with their own version, such as a persistent religious fanatic preaching “the truth?” This is why it is written that the tongue is a fire. Our words are spirit, so we must be careful what manner of spirit we are instilling in another...

Stones formed by man’s spirit (the ignorance of ego) are deceptive and can cause a soul to be “stoned to death,” and they build temples that will not stand the test of time"

~ Chris Kidd

The Spiritual and Esoteric Meaning of Rocks and Stones in the Bible | Made Worthy

Your posts are coming across rather testy, Pin. Would you be willing to tell me why you are upset, if you are?
A christian?

No.
This persons premise is entirely wrong.

"chris kid. 'Jesus said that his words were spirit
Water is symbolic of spirit, and one form of spirit is our “thoughts”
"
WRONG
There are three that witness on earth.
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

First, Water is not symbolic of Spirit in the way as this person wishes to sow.

Water for the Soul, for out of the Heart.
And a repentant heart. One who seeks after the Lords own Heart Will seek a well spring Just as the servant with ten camels has.
'It easier for a Camel to enter than a rich man'

…4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?” 5Jesus answered
“Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.…

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.

Last edited by pinacled; 09-30-2017 at 12:17 PM..

Old 09-30-2017, 12:04 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus Christ is not the bible,you are a very confused man. So i will not ask you to explain the characteristics of the Spirit, because you obviously do not know.

Jesus Christ said if you have seen him you have seen the Father, he was not talking about his outward appearance but everything that is representative of God, for he was and is all that God is, again he was not referring to his outward appearance.

Have you ever been inspired ?.
Yes, have you

It is obvious you are the one who is confused, I have never said Jesus is the Bible. You are trying to put words in my mouth. Shame on you. Your confusion gets worse. I have never said that verse refers to Jesus' outward Appearance. Try to stick o what I actually say.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:09 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Hey, thanks for asking.

First and foremost, I enjoy fellowship with many of the Christians here.
Second, Christianity is and always will be a huge part of my life, and I enjoy discussing it.

Why are you here?

ETA: Oh, well I see by your edit to your post you may not have actually been asking because you were interested in knowing why I'm here. Perhaps you were just deflecting from the discussion we were having.
If you were ever a Christian you still are. Just as one who is born naturally can't be unborn, the same is true off those born spiritually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity