U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 07:50 AM

264 posts, read 276,354 times

Advertisements

The answer is if they have the choice of two lines to stand in they will always pick the one that has the natural provisions that they can SEE and reject the one they don't have any faith in:
1. Being a food bank that freely hands out food that perishes with time, but fills the belly now( Reminds me of ESAU who sold his inheritance for a bowl of soup NOW)
OR
2. Being the blessing bank that serves freely the Bread of life being the WORD OF GOD that once you begin to feed upon the meat of Christ, YOU will struggle with it, BUT you will be blessed NEVER HUNGER, NEVER THIRST and be healed and delivered from you sinful ways that is the CULPRIT THAT KEEPS YOU LIVING A POOR, LACKING, SICKLY LIFE.(Reminds me of Jacob who was willing to wrestle all night long with God to receive the BLESSING)

This is not only for the POOR in monetary, for there are the POOR who are rich. They are poor within themselves. They may have plenty of money and look good on the outside, but money perishes like natural food does. Do not put your trust in your wealth for it can not save you or make you a righteous person. We should work for the FOOD that feeds our soul so that we can be rich INWARDLY where God sees, and that way He can bless you outwardly so that you will NEVER BE IN NEED.

It is not God who is withholding the good things in life from man... it is OUR ACTIONS that block His blessings from flowing. God WILL NOT AND CAN NOT bless WICKED BEHAVIOR because HE LOVES US TOO MUCH to LET US DESTROY OURSELVES.

Isa 55:1-3
55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
KJV
John 6:26-27
26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
KJV

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM

212 posts, read 196,131 times
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
mysticaltyger

10 Ways to force the stinking poor to get into the prosperity mindset.

Somesuggestions:

1. Don't have kids when you're a teen.
2. Don't have kids out of wedlock.
3. Don't have kids if you can't afford them.
4. Use birth control. Every time.
5. Spend time in school and actually take the time to study and learn stuffthat's useful to the work world.
6. Save a portion of everything you earn from your very first paycheck.
7. Invest a portion of every paycheck in a mutual fund. Don't know what amutual fund is? Look it up. That's why there's Google.
8. Don't blow money on any of the following: cigarettes, alcohol, drugs,tattoos.
9. Learn to cook cheap meals for yourself that are made from REAL ingredients:beans, lentils, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, couscous, vegetables, fruits.Cooking real food doesn't have to be expensive. Keep meat consumption to aminimum.
10. Graduate from high school. Get decent paying employment. Then marry (if youso choose). Then have kids (if you so choose). In that order. Avoid divorcelike the plague, especially if kids are involved.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 12-06-2013, 09:24 AM

535 posts, read 762,154 times
Those WICKED poor are ruining our CHRISTIAN nation with their needs to be fed, clothed, and given a hand up. When you see a man whose pride has been decimated to the point he is forced to stand in a soup line for his only meal of the day, do him a real favor, give him a tract explaining his plight is a STAIN placed on him by God Almighty.

The financial collapse of 2008 was the result of God taking his hand of blessing off this great nation. The result is SATAN and DEMONS ramping up their efforts causing the worst economic conditions since the Great Depression. Massive unemployment is only an EXCUSE to not WORK for that next MEAL.

Christians needn't feel a BURDEN for the POOR. THEY did it to THEMSELVES. They are to blame for this GLORIOUS NATION'S DEMISE. THEY deserve NOTHING but the JUDGMENT and WRATH of God.

God wants each of us to take up their Holy Bibles in one hand and an indelible black marker in the other hand and blot out these verses from their Holy Bibles.

Acts 20:35 - I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Philippians 2:4 - Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Proverbs 21:13 - Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.

1 John 3:17-18 - But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Proverbs 28:27 - He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.

Matthew 25:40 - And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

John 13:34-35 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

TRUE CHRISTIAN LOVE is NOT HELPING meet the physical needs of those less fortunate without judgment.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
Those WICKED poor are ruining our CHRISTIAN nation with their needs to be fed, clothed, and given a hand up. When you see a man whose pride has been decimated to the point he is forced to stand in a soup line for his only meal of the day, do him a real favor, give him a tract explaining his plight is a STAIN placed on him by God Almighty.

The financial collapse of 2008 was the result of God taking his hand of blessing off this great nation. The result is SATAN and DEMONS ramping up their efforts causing the worst economic conditions since the Great Depression. Massive unemployment is only an EXCUSE to not WORK for that next MEAL.

Christians needn't feel a BURDEN for the POOR. THEY did it to THEMSELVES. They are to blame for this GLORIOUS NATION'S DEMISE. THEY deserve NOTHING but the JUDGMENT and WRATH of God.

God wants each of us to take up their Holy Bibles in one hand and an indelible black marker in the other hand and blot out these verses from their Holy Bibles.

Acts 20:35 - I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Philippians 2:4 - Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Proverbs 21:13 - Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.

1 John 3:17-18 - But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels [of compassion] from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Proverbs 28:27 - He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.

Matthew 25:40 - And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

John 13:34-35 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

TRUE CHRISTIAN LOVE is NOT HELPING meet the physical needs of those less fortunate without judgment.

Besides the two examples of Jesus feeding the thousands AFTER they gave to HIM FIRST for their spiritual meal that HE SERVED THEM.
Can you give me some examples of him or any of the other disciples going about to hand out blankets, food, clothes, houses?
Scriptures PLEASE.

Our food to the poor is THE MILK AND MEAT OF THE WORD, our clothes to the lost are to CLOTH THEM IN CHRIST THE WORD, our prisoners that need we need to help release ARE THOSE CAPTIVE TO SIN in the devils camp, our bread & water that we are to fill them with is THE LIVING WATER OF THE WORD that washes them clean so that they become children of God so HE CAN BLESS THEM, AND FEED THEM THE BREAD OF LIFE THAT WILL SAVE THEIR SOUL, not just tickle their tonsils.

Eye salve is needed so that we can SEE!
Acts 3:2-6
2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
KJV

This POOR MAN was stricken due to generational sins, gold and silver was not going to help this man. He needed to be RAISED UP BY THE WORD OF GOD, THE NAME OF JESUS.

Never do I mean that we are not to help a person put in our path, but our goal should ALWAYS be to POINT TO GOD and HIS WORD, not ourselves as their god.

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-06-2013 at 10:34 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid dave View Post
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
mysticaltyger

10 Ways to force the stinking poor to get into the prosperity mindset.
Somesuggestions:

1. Don't have kids when you're a teen.
2. Don't have kids out of wedlock.
3. Don't have kids if you can't afford them.
4. Use birth control. Every time.
5. Spend time in school and actually take the time to study and learn stuffthat's useful to the work world.
6. Save a portion of everything you earn from your very first paycheck.
7. Invest a portion of every paycheck in a mutual fund. Don't know what amutual fund is? Look it up. That's why there's Google.
8. Don't blow money on any of the following: cigarettes, alcohol, drugs,tattoos.
9. Learn to cook cheap meals for yourself that are made from REAL ingredients:beans, lentils, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, couscous, vegetables, fruits.Cooking real food doesn't have to be expensive. Keep meat consumption to aminimum.
10. Graduate from high school. Get decent paying employment. Then marry (if youso choose). Then have kids (if you so choose). In that order. Avoid divorcelike the plague, especially if kids are involved.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I agree with many of YOUR 10 but they are not all in line with God. (4.) Did God give us the right to use sorcery to stop CHILD BIRTH which is supposed to be a blessing from the LORD?
(9.) I agree with eating smarter and it may be less expensive, but to say CHEAPER as in needing to scrimp other's pockets to keep your profits for yourself shows greed and to sow sparingly you will reap sparingly says God. When we try to get what another has in his hand for little and hang on to most of what we have in ours, that is called IDOLATRY, GREED for we do not care that the other person suffers loss or not, just as long as we get our needs met. We think of our money more highly that the person's well being. And that leads to greed.
10. I do not agree with man's schooling. I believe that the same God who gave us a talent can also teach us how to Do the work that we do to earn a living. School is a big waste of time.
I know that JUST ONE THING IS NEEDED:
Matt 6:30-34
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
KJV

Gal 6:6-9
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
KJV
Luke 6:39
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
KJV

Everything that you need in life is written down in the BIBLE our E-MANUAL to make life MORE ABUNDANT!

Old 12-06-2013, 10:31 AM

8,250 posts, read 10,017,245 times
"The poor will always be with you" ... [Jesus]

Financially, because in this world, people all have differing resources and advantages. Those with the 'least' will always be considered the 'poor', while those with the most, will always be considered the 'rich.' -- Even if everything were equally distributed among all people, the flow of spending would quickly re-establish new "rich" and "poor" groups.

Spiritually, because many will find 'priceless' life in relationship with God through Jesus Christ; and many will not. This is a Spiritually "rich" and "poor" division. However, even among the 'Spiritually rich', some live a full, rich, Abundant life, while others do not. Some, likewise, will ultimately receive multiple 'eternal crowns' ... while others will not. Thus, there are even degrees of Spiritually 'richer' and 'poorer' among the "Spiritually rich."

.... Does it really have to be more complicated than that??

Last edited by jghorton; 12-06-2013 at 10:39 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 01:20 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,362,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post

Public notice to America's poor:

Not all Christians share this opinion. In fact many of us will gladly give you a coat to ward off the cold or a sack full of canned food so you have something to eat and a toy to a donation drive so your child will have a gift to open on Christmas morning.

Though I must say, this is one of the most jaw-dropping posts I've ever read on CD. And that's saying a lot.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:21 PM

51,350 posts, read 50,609,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Public notice to America's poor:

Not all Christians share this opinion. In fact many of us will gladly give you a coat to ward off the cold or a sack full of canned food so you have something to eat and a toy to a donation drive so your child will have a gift to open on Christmas morning.

Though I must say, this is one of the most jaw-dropping posts I've ever read on CD. And that's saying a lot.
Thanks for that important posting, DDI.

I wondered if it was meant to be satirical. Or maybe I was wishing that.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:17 PM

15,040 posts, read 7,550,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thanks for that important posting, DDI.

I wondered if it was meant to be satirical. Or maybe I was wishing that.

No. I thought the same thing. Surely it was not meant seriously.

Edit: Having re-read her post, I'm 99.99% sure it is satire.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,362,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No. I thought the same thing. Surely it was not meant seriously.

Edit: Having re-read her post, I'm 99.99% sure it is satire.
I'm so hoping it was a splendidly written piece of satire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity