Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:01 AM

264 posts, read 350,977 times

Advertisements

Do we keep begging them?
Do we keep hanging out with them to get them to change their mind?
Do we keep giving them things to hopefully buy them for God?
Do we keep trying to FIX THEM in hopes they will repent and come to God?
Do we keep putting up with their persecution in hopes they will come around and believe?
Do we keep allowing them to ask you to leave or physically harm you thinking that God wants us to?
NO, NO, NO. Our only requirement is to TELL THEM of Jesus. If they receive the Word, then we can return to them and with patients they may begin to see. But if they persecute, reject Christ, physically or verbally harm you. THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TO DO:

Matt 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
KJV
Acts 13:50-52
50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.
52 And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.
KJV

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-06-2013 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: underlined
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
I'd be happy to have a beer with Christ. Heck, I'd even buy the rounds.

But I don't believe he's any more of a god than you or me.

So, I suppose that puts me in the "reject" section.

What do you think should be done with me?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM

264 posts, read 350,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'd be happy to have a beer with Christ. Heck, I'd even buy the rounds.

But I don't believe he's any more of a god than you or me.

So, I suppose that puts me in the "reject" section.

What do you think should be done with me?

Oh, please do not give me the glory as to ask what should be done with you, It is not a matter of what I THINK should happen to you, I hold NO ILL WILL towards any man for I too was a sinner and seek mercy and forgiveness THROUGH CHRIST. But, what does THE WORD SAY will happen to those who reject his words for THAT IS WHAT YOU MUST FEAR:
John 12:44-50
44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
KJV

Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Well, that doesn't seem so bad.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:00 PM

535 posts, read 966,826 times
Colossians 4
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.
4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.
5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders;make the most of every opportunity.
6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

1 Peter 3
8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?
14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats ; do not be frightened.”

Ephesians 5
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,
16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.

2 Timothy 2:25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mark 16:15-16 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

1 Corinthians 9:22 - To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.

Mark Chapter 10
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31 But many [that are] first shall be last; and the last first.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

John 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Mark 5:39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. James 2:8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right. Matthew 5:44 "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
Do we keep begging them?
Do we keep putting up with their persecution in hopes they will come around and believe?
Do we keep allowing them to ask you to leave or physically harm you thinking that God wants us to?
NO, NO, NO. Our only requirement is to TELL THEM of Jesus.
Well then, your job here is done

Now you can move on to other things

Old 12-06-2013, 12:45 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Buy them a beer?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Quote:
Do we keep begging them?
NO, NO, NO. Our only requirement is to TELL THEM of Jesus. If they receive the Word, then we can return to them and with patients they may begin to see. But if they persecute, reject Christ, physically or verbally harm you. THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TO DO:

Matt 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
KJV
50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.
KJV
I think we need to first ask: Do you have dust on your feet so you can shake the dust off your feet?

Can I take a feather duster and dust my feet first and then just shake the feather duster in their faces?

Old 12-06-2013, 01:00 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Do we keep begging them?

KJV
KJV
That can only be decided on an individual basis.

The accounts you list, and the shake your dust off, did not mean they would not try again, just don't carry the rejection with you as something personal. At the proper time God would be the judge not man. The same with Paul's situation as Paul himself shared in the persecution and killing of Christians, yet he became a believer. We don't let a rejection get us down, we don't carry animosity toward such and we hope and pray they will change, doing what we may be able to ourselves or leave it to others. Our job is to preach not judge or reject.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:03 PM

102 posts, read 139,154 times
I wouldn't bother. Once someone denies religion (not temporarily drop it), there is rarely any going back.

I'm not trying to troll, but I'm a lot happier since I stopped believing in religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity