Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 06:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

What kind of car was he in ?.

No seriously, Adam finds himself in a world he's never set foot in before and no idea about, why does it take until his grandchildren to show up that they discover the way to survive the strange land they find themselves in, is to call upon The Lord?. Also do you think Adam told his descendants it is my fault were here ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-06-2013 at 06:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 PM

264 posts, read 350,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
In what kind of car was he ?.

No seriously, Adam finds himself in a world he's never set foot in before and no idea about, why does it take until his grandchildren to show up that the way to survive this strange land they find themselves in, is to call upon The Lord. Also do you think Adam told his descendants it is my fault were here ?.

Gen 4:25-26
25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
KJV

If we notice that Eve says that God has given me another seed to take Abel's place. So this tells us that Seth who was a God fearer like Abel who pleased God grew up to have a child and like wise he obviously would teach his son Enos about God's Word to guide him in the way that he should grow as the men 2 together now looked to the LORD.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:01 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,204 times
Quote:
What kind of car was he in ?.

No seriously, Adam finds himself in a world he's never set foot in before and no idea about, why does it take until his grandchildren to show up that they discover the way to survive the strange land they find themselves in, is to call upon The Lord?. Also do you think Adam told his descendants it is my fault were here ?.
A hearse...it would come in handy later on

Old 12-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
A hearse...it would come in handy later on
Genesis 50:26
he was placed in a coffin in Egypt.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
[mod]Orphaned[/modo]
And what makes you think that I haven't?. Let me just say this for the minute, from all my years of bible reading, I cannot help but see a theme that runs from Genesis to Revelation, from Egypt to Jerusalem, from seemingly abandonment and forgetfulness to realizing you never was, remembering where you came from and being found.

Moderator cut: Orphaned response

Last edited by june 7th; 12-09-2013 at 04:56 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 08:53 PM

535 posts, read 966,639 times
Default There's This Idea

THE LIFE OF ADAM AND EVE

1.1 When Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise they made for themselves a tent and spent seven days mourning and lamenting in great sadness.
2.1 But after seven days they began to be hungry and sought food to eat and did not find any.
2.2 Eve told Adam: "Adam, my lord, Then Eve said to Adam: "My lord, I am hungry. Go, seek for us something to eat. Perhaps the Lord God will look upon us and have mercy on us and will call us back to the place where we were previously."
3.1 And Adam arose after seven days and And Adam arose and walked for seven days over all that land but did not find food such as they had in paradise.
3.2 Eve said to Adam: "My lord, would that I might die. Perhaps then the Lord God would bring you back into paradise, for it was because of me that the Lord God grew angry with you. Do you wish to kill me, that I might die? Perhaps the Lord God will bring you back into paradise, since on account of my action you were expelled from there."
3.3 Adam responded: "Don't say such things Eve lest the Lord God bring upon us some other curse. How could it be that I should raise my hand against my own flesh? Let us arise and seek for ourselves something by which we might live so that we might not perish."
4.1 Walking about, they searched for many days but did not find anything like they had in paradise. They only found what animals eat.
4.2 Adam said to Eve: "The Lord gave these things to animals and beasts to eat. Ours, however was the angelic food.
4.3 But justly and worthily do we lament before the face of God who made us. Let us perform a great penitence. Perhaps the Lord God will yield and have mercy on us and give us something by which we might live."

Old 12-07-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
THE LIFE OF ADAM AND EVE

1.1 When Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise they made for themselves a tent and spent seven days mourning and lamenting in great sadness.
2.1 But after seven days they began to be hungry and sought food to eat and did not find any.
2.2 Eve told Adam: "Adam, my lord, Then Eve said to Adam: "My lord, I am hungry. Go, seek for us something to eat. Perhaps the Lord God will look upon us and have mercy on us and will call us back to the place where we were previously."
3.1 And Adam arose after seven days and And Adam arose and walked for seven days over all that land but did not find food such as they had in paradise.
3.2 Eve said to Adam: "My lord, would that I might die. Perhaps then the Lord God would bring you back into paradise, for it was because of me that the Lord God grew angry with you. Do you wish to kill me, that I might die? Perhaps the Lord God will bring you back into paradise, since on account of my action you were expelled from there."
3.3 Adam responded: "Don't say such things Eve lest the Lord God bring upon us some other curse. How could it be that I should raise my hand against my own flesh? Let us arise and seek for ourselves something by which we might live so that we might not perish."
4.1 Walking about, they searched for many days but did not find anything like they had in paradise. They only found what animals eat.
4.2 Adam said to Eve: "The Lord gave these things to animals and beasts to eat. Ours, however was the angelic food.
4.3 But justly and worthily do we lament before the face of God who made us. Let us perform a great penitence. Perhaps the Lord God will yield and have mercy on us and give us something by which we might live."
Hi Priscilla, I have never come across this before. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:17 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Adam never ever confessed the fault was his , as he even told God that`` it was the women you sent me , it was her fault and not mine ``..... which was a demonic deception which rejects the spiritual authority which God had before the disobedience ..... Then do not know of any scriptures of Adam repenting even after his fall from grace , so His descendants never knew to blame Adam and the plan B which God was working on which brought Lord Jesus ....See God told them that a Messiah deliverer would come through Abraham and Moses and the later Prophets which was God plan B , as Adam the saviour was plan A

Old 12-07-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Adam never ever confessed the fault was his , as he even told God that`` it was the women you sent me , it was her fault and not mine ``..... which was a demonic deception which rejects the spiritual authority which God had before the disobedience ..... Then do not know of any scriptures of Adam repenting even after his fall from grace , so His descendants never knew to blame Adam and the plan B which God was working on which brought Lord Jesus ....See God told them that a Messiah deliverer would come through Abraham and Moses and the later Prophets which was God plan B , as Adam the saviour was plan A
Yes,scripture says it was Eve that was deceived, but the buck stops with Adam. Through one man's sin.

Can I also take this opportunity to say I do not believe this is a literal story.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:31 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
And what makes you think that I haven't?.
Maybe he's read some of your posts? Your posts are usually half-quotes of Bible verses taken out of context. When I've called you on them, you tell me to ignore the flesh and look to the Spirit. It doesn't seem that you place a high emphasis on actual Bible exposition.
Quote:

Let me just say this for the minute, from all my years of bible reading, I cannot help but see a theme that runs from Genesis to Revelation, from Egypt to Jerusalem, from seemingly abandonment and forgetfulness to realizing you never was, remembering where you came from and being found.

What did you find out from you're bible reading ?.
The major theme of the Bible is that God created, His creation rebelled, and he mercifully redeemed his creation. In Genesis we see the beginnings of the plan to do so. In Revelation we read of the 2nd coming and his plan coming to fruition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity