Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:57 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the LORD.

But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of sabbath rest, a sabbath to the LORD. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards.

<444

1rst day<444(1)(1)7777 <curtain

<444(2)(2)7777 <curtain

2nd day<444(3)(3)7777 <curtain

<444(4)(4)7777 <curtain

3rd day<444(5)(5)7777 <curtain

[center]half way<444(1)

4th day<444(2)(1)7777 <curtain

<444(3)(2)7777 <curtain

5th day<444(4)(3)7777 <curtain

<444(5)(4)7777 <curtain

6th day<444(6)(5)7777 <curtain
<444(half that is left over. The Veil between the 7th day
6th doubled being the 7th day

7th<444

His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 08:44 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
May I ask which bible version are you using? My SJ has few if any "yous."
The fellow is a preterist. It doesn't matter to him what version of scripture he's using. Look up the definition of preterism.

Generally speaking, it is a heresy of the Christian gospel as well as a basis for modern anti-semitism. They are friends neither of God, Jesus Christ, Christendom, the Jewish people or the modern State of Israel. Their interpretations of scripture are wholly and completely corrupted by their world view.

It doesn't matter which version of the scriptures a preterist uses. Their interpretations are wrong and meant to dissuade everyone from recognizable truth as well as to justify an almost Nazi-like hatred of Jews and Israel.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 11-11-2017, 08:51 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Matthew 24 contains over 20 YOUs. There are many who say that this personal pronoun does not refer to the disciples alone but that it addresses those of our generation.

Is this a proper understanding of how the you of direct address is used in common, usual, everyday language?

How should we distinquish between the YOUs which convey general principles and the YOUs which refer to a specific person or people of a specific time about specific things that pertain to them alone?

Thanks.

Preterist
Here is a perfect example of one who corrupts the English language in its use of a simple possessive pronoun so as to alter the meaning of scripture.

I suggest that if preterist really really wants to know what "you" means, he should consult a first grade elementary school teacher. Following this meeting he should use the word in a sentence one hundred times and submit it to the aforementioned educator for correction and grading.

What's another couple words for bovine excrement?

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 11-11-2017, 09:20 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Yeah, I don't know what all that you thing is about, thanks for Splaining CL. I do believe it does speak to every single generation though. It is teaching and instructing how the fall holy days plays out in a person. Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur over and over and over, you turn a page and it is right back to Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kipper. The seals begin on Tishri 1, and when the 7th comes of, it is Yom Kippur, and with every seal, you hear a trumpet, and with every seal and trumpet, a bowl is poured out. It is showing Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur from 3 different perspectives, what is happening on Rosh Hashanah in the body, what happens on Rosh Hashanah in the soul, and what happens on Rosh Hashanah in the spirit, and Rosh Hashanah begins on the first seal, on the first Trumpet and in the first bowl, and when you get to the 7th seal, the 7th trumpet and the 7th bowl, it is Yom Kippur. After the seals , Trumpets and bowls, it begin detailing the feast of Tabernacle in the grape harvest when the sickle comes out. The feast of Tabernacles is the wine harvest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity