Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sooooo..... One way of worshiping Christ is better then the other. And not just better, but more manly. Less wimpy. Find the church with the manly man up there in the pulpit or you're not doing it right.

Got it.

One question: What happens when a female pastor rides up on the one on the right? Short hair. Chaps. Black leather jacket with "Born To Preach The Gospel" as her colors. Doesn't use the kickstand. I'd LOVE to watch the reaction to that woman preaching a "beefy, meaty" sermon. In fact, I'd put an extra twenty in the basket just to watch the parishioners' faces.
One is the real deal, the other is just pretend. It really has nothing to do with the leather or motorcycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What I find amusing is the youth group off adults are mocked by the supposed real deal folk for not wanting to be challenged. How's that working out for you ?, still where you were a year ago?, still living under the condemnation by your own failures not to live up to the burdens your preachers are putting on you ?, yea I thought so.
Actually, I've seen my congregation grow spiritually in the past year. Nobody is condemning them--but I am teaching straight out of the bible. In the past year I covered the Gospel of John, and first 15 chapters of Acts.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:36 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, I love posts such as this. Because they are really self-aggrandizing and self-congratulatory. As in "I worship at the right kind of church and you do not." I think people like the OP are going to be very surprised in heaven at who is there.
You nailed it. Vizio has proclaimed that one is the "real deal" and the other is "just pretend". And he told us what he preaches.

Well done, cpg35233.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
You nailed it. Vizio has proclaimed that one is the "real deal" and the other is "just pretend".

Well done, cpg35233.
I was clarifying the OP's comment--something you apparently didn't understand, based on your response.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I was clarifying the OP's comment--something you apparently didn't understand, based on your response.
Oh. So you think I'm academically challenged and needed an explanation. Got it. Goodness gracious, this must be my lucky day. (Note to self: Buy lotto ticket.) I got the clarification AND found out you think if people aren't doing it right it's just pretend.

Anything else? Quite a while ago you stated that you knew what God thinks. I asked for an explanation of how you know that (these things happen when one is academically challenged) and never got an answer. Because, jeepers, it's not everyday you run into someone saying "I know how God thinks." Now's the time! Woo hoo. I'm going for the triple double.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-17-2013 at 11:58 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Oh. So you think I'm academically challenged and needed an explanation.
I've never suggested you were academically challenged, but it did appear you didn't quite grasp the idea of the OP. That's ok...even smart people sometimes don't understand what a person says. Like now--you seemed to think I was saying you were academically challenged (and I wasn't).
Quote:

Got it. Goodness gracious, this must be my lucky day. (Note to self: Buy lotto ticket.) I got the clarification AND found out you think if people aren't doing it right it's just pretend.

Anything else? Quite a while ago you stated that you knew what God thinks. I asked for an explanation of how you know that (these things happen when one is academically challenged) and never got an answer. Because, jeepers, it's not everyday you run into someone saying "I know how God thinks." Now's the time! Woo hoo. I'm going for the triple double.
I know what God has said -- it's in the Bible. So yes--I know what God thinks on many things, and you can, too--if you read his word.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:

I know what God has said -- it's in the Bible. So yes--I know what God thinks on many things, and you can, too--if you read his word.
I read the Bible. The LAST thing I'd claim is I know how (or what) God thinks. Proverbs 26:12

Old 12-17-2013, 12:15 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
That's probably because you don't understand it.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I read the Bible. The LAST thing I'd claim is I know how (or what) God thinks. Proverbs 26:12
Maybe you ought to ask a person that has studied the Bible for a long time, maybe decades. Maybe he spent several years obtaining a degree of higher learning on it. I don't know....maybe a pastor?

Old 12-17-2013, 12:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Actually, I've seen my congregation grow spiritually in the past year. Nobody is condemning them--but I am teaching straight out of the bible. In the past year I covered the Gospel of John, and first 15 chapters of Acts.
What is growing spiritually ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity