Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
"Making this stuff up" is exactly correct for the things that you post. As for me, I depend on the teachings I receive from God's word.
I know you do, that's what everyone who reads the bible says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 02:22 PM

68 posts, read 61,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I am wicked -- in that I was born a sinner. I have been made righteous before God because of Christ.

There will be those that don't receive Christ that will die in their sins and they will be punished.

Does that answer your question?
How you can say that sin will be wiped out of the universe and yet believe that most will remain dead in their sins forever. We sin because we are sinners. Sounds like you want it both ways. So what's the difference between being made subject to bondage and being made subject to Christ?

And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:14

and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all. 1st Corinthians 15:28

If Mankind because of subjection to bondage, is dead in sin, and after being made subject to Christ, will still be dead in sin; then what is the difference? How then can you say that sin is wiped out of the universe?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Noel View Post
How you can say that sin will be wiped out of the universe and yet believe that most will remain dead in their sins forever. We sin because we are sinners. Sounds like you want it both ways. So what's the difference between being made subject to bondage and being made subject to Christ?
And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:14

and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all. 1st Corinthians 15:28

If Mankind because of subjection to bondage, is dead in sin, and after being made subject to Christ, will still be dead in sin; then what is the difference? How then can you say that sin is wiped out of the universe?

Nice...now I see what you did there. You caught me in a misstatement. That's clever.

The text does not say that sin will be eliminated from eternity. It says it will be cast into the lake of fire.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know you do, that's what everyone who reads the bible says.
lol..what's next? You going to say "I know you are, but what am I?"?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:18 PM

68 posts, read 61,687 times
@Vizio

Ok, I just wanted to see if you truly believed that sin will be wiped out of the universe and out of God's presence. I got my answer, take care.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:58 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The text does not say that sin will be eliminated from eternity. It says it will be cast into the lake of fire.
Isn't it emptied-out hell and death that is cast into ' second death ' [ lake of fire ] ?______

By the end of Jesus' 1000-year reign over earth there will be ' No more death ' [ Rev. 21 vs 4,5 ] and that means No more sin because it is sin that leads to death.

Adam was a self-made sinner, whereas we just inherited Adam's sinful leanings so we are innocent of what Adam did,
but because we can not stop sinning we still die. Jesus will break that cycle of ' sin and death ' during Jesus 1000-year kingdom reign over earth when Jesus destroys or breaks up the works of the devil - 1st John 3 v 8 B - and the foremost work of the devil is: death - 1st Cor. 15 v 26

Old 12-19-2013, 02:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Isn't it emptied-out hell and death that is cast into ' second death ' [ lake of fire ] ?______

By the end of Jesus' 1000-year reign over earth there will be ' No more death ' [ Rev. 21 vs 4,5 ] and that means No more sin because it is sin that leads to death.
That "no more death" might only be for those inside the New City Jerusalem.

Death is still operating in the people on earth during the new earth age. How do I know? If they had immortality they would not need the leaves of the tree of life for the healing of the nations.

Quote:
Adam was a self-made sinner, whereas we just inherited Adam's sinful leanings so we are innocent of what Adam did,
but because we can not stop sinning we still die. Jesus will break that cycle of ' sin and death ' during Jesus 1000-year kingdom reign over earth when Jesus destroys or breaks up the works of the devil - 1st John 3 v 8 B - and the foremost work of the devil is: death - 1st Cor. 15 v 26
Dear Matthew 4, I wonder if it might be better to say we inherited death from Adam rather than "we inherited Adam's sinful leanings." Romans 5:12 comes to mind where Paul says that due to what Adam did that death passed through into all mankind and for that [reason] all sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity