U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 PM

951 posts, read 799,533 times

Advertisements

The Roman Catholic Church, the church whose headquarters is in Rome, the former capital of the Roman Empire which is identified in the Bible as the Beast, is responsible for moving most of Christianity from the Holy Days written in the Holy Bible to these worldly holidays that have their roots in paganism.

Some may think that these worldly holiday's pagan past is okay and they have no further concern since every so-called Christian around them seems to go along with the crowd and participate in them. They are wrong! A true Christian is called out of this present evil world and is to live by every word of God which is found in the pages of the Bible and not in the writings of the Roman Catholic Church. (You will not find any command to keep Christmas, Easter or Sunday-worship in the Bible, but rather you see that you are to keep the 7th Day Sabbath, the Passover and annual Holy Days -- see Lev 23 for the whole list.)

Now, God's Holy Sabbaths are signs between God and His people -- both physical and spiritual. This Mark of the Beast, that comes from the Church of the Beast, involves these pagan holidays that are branded on a person by this false yet very powerful system, a mark which when they are enforced in the future, only these people who have this mark will be able to make a living when this Beast Power finally emerges and forces people to accept this mark or be martyred. In other words, those who keep God's 7th Sabbath and annual Holy Days (Lev. 23) will be persecuted and martyred while these followers of the church at Rome who keep Christmas, New Year's, Easter will be protected and be in relative prosperity (for the short run).

Beware, my fellow human beings! You may benefit in the short run by accepting this Mark and keeping Christmas and all the other pagan days but in the end you will greatly regret your decision!

So, choose God and His Holy Word the Bible and reject these pagan festivals!

Thank you,

tthttf

Old 12-16-2013, 11:17 PM

23,325 posts, read 12,073,882 times
Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Sunday Worship, etc Are the Mark of the Beast, Believe It or Not!

Not.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:32 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,651,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
The Roman Catholic Church, the church whose headquarters is in Rome, the former capital of the Roman Empire which is identified in the Bible as the Beast, is responsible for moving most of Christianity from the Holy Days written in the Holy Bible to these worldly holidays that have their roots in paganism.

Some may think that these worldly holiday's pagan past is okay and they have no further concern since every so-called Christian around them seems to go along with the crowd and participate in them. They are wrong! A true Christian is called out of this present evil world and is to live by every word of God which is found in the pages of the Bible and not in the writings of the Roman Catholic Church. (You will not find any command to keep Christmas, Easter or Sunday-worship in the Bible, but rather you see that you are to keep the 7th Day Sabbath, the Passover and annual Holy Days -- see Lev 23 for the whole list.)

Now, God's Holy Sabbaths are signs between God and His people -- both physical and spiritual. This Mark of the Beast, that comes from the Church of the Beast, involves these pagan holidays that are branded on a person by this false yet very powerful system, a mark which when they are enforced in the future, only these people who have this mark will be able to make a living when this Beast Power finally emerges and forces people to accept this mark or be martyred. In other words, those who keep God's 7th Sabbath and annual Holy Days (Lev. 23) will be persecuted and martyred while these followers of the church at Rome who keep Christmas, New Year's, Easter will be protected and be in relative prosperity (for the short run).

Beware, my fellow human beings! You may benefit in the short run by accepting this Mark and keeping Christmas and all the other pagan days but in the end you will greatly regret your decision!

Thank you,

tthttf

Tthttf is a die hard follower of Herbert W. Armstrong and the teachings of Armstrongism which are not the teachings of Biblical Christianity.

Here are the teachings of Herbert W. Armstrong.
THE PLAIN TRUTH OF HERBERT W. ARMSTRONG Information about Herbert Armstrong and the teachings of Armstrongism. Believersweb.org

Last edited by Mike555; 12-16-2013 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Tthttf is a die hard follower of Herbert W. Armstrong and the teachings of Armstrongism which are not the teachings of Biblical Christianity.
Well, that is your opinion but it is not my opinion. The Roman Catholic Church has its teachings and the God has all His written in the Bible for all to see. It should be a no-brainer on whose teachings you ought to follow.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:11 AM

103 posts, read 91,128 times
It's biblical to be discerning and test the spirit of what is being taught as truth. I do that myself with the Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel, Emergent Church and similar false doctrines pastors are preaching. But even this needs to be done with care, love, and with a proper spirit.

I have no use for, do not care to read, nor want any part of people who sow hate. This goes to for forums that allow this rubbish.

Garbage in-Garbage out.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONDerings View Post
It's biblical to be discerning and test the spirit of what is being taught as truth. I do that myself with the Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel, Emergent Church and similar false doctrines pastors are preaching. But even this needs to be done with care, love, and with a proper spirit.

I have no use for, do not care to read, nor want any part of people who sow hate. This goes to for forums that allow this rubbish.

Garbage in-Garbage out.
I am not attacking you or anyone else on this forum. I am pointing out this false Christian system is deluding millions of people who are blind to it. Just read the Bible and you will see the difference between the teachings of modern Christianity and what the Bible actually states.

My mother was a Catholic so there is no personal hostility at all. Don't jump to wrong conclusions.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,831,584 times
Quote:
Well, that is your opinion but it is not my opinion. The Roman Catholic Church has its teachings and the God has all His written in the Bible for all to see. It should be a no-brainer on whose teachings you ought to follow.

The bible IS a Catholic book. Who do you think compiled it? They decided what to include and what not to include? If the teachings were not as the apostles taught they were not to be in the bible.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:42 AM

20,299 posts, read 15,651,035 times
Quote:
Tthttf, Christmas, New Years, Easter, and Sunday worship are not the mark of the beast. The mark of the beast will be a mark that unbelievers during the future Tribulation will take on their forehead or on their right hand as a requirement to be able to buy and to sell as stated in Revelation 13:16-17. Written in the Bible for all to see.

As for the Sabbath and Sunday worship, we went over that last year at this same time and just as you did not listen then either to me or to anyone else, neither will you listen now. And I am just not going to go over it again.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,831,584 times
Why December 25? | Catholic Answers

"The reference to Adam can be understood in light of another of Hyppolytus’ writings, the Chronicon, where he explains that Jesus was born nine months after the anniversary of Creation. According to his calculations, the world was created on the vernal equinox, March 25, which would mean Jesus was born nine months later, on December 25."

So it had nothing to do with Paganism or any other stories of gods, etc. "Jesus was born nine months after the anniversary of Creation" which would make sense.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:13 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,570,727 times
Quote:

Thank you,

tthttf
This is rubbish. But you might want to think about the post in this thread that declares the BIBLE is a Catholic Book compiled by men. With that, I agree.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity