Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 10:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,430,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Your words are falling mostly upon deaf ears.

However, the evidence of your truth is borne by the fact that paganism has re-captured Christmas for itself. Had the Holy Spirit created it, that could not happen. Since it was a pagan celebration from its beginning, it has merely gone home to roost.

"Put Christ back into Christmas?" Won't work--Christ was never in Christmas.

Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. -- Psalm 127
Christ was never in Christmas ? ..... Luke 1:1-15 The Birth of Jesus

Why don't you people take your garbage to the non-Christian forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 11:38 PM

4,684 posts, read 6,087,927 times
Is the issue here more over Celebrating Dec 25th instead of Feast Of Tabernacles in which he was actually born or celebrating his birth period?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:27 AM

546 posts, read 543,687 times
I awoke this Christmas morning, as I usually do, before everyone else, and it has become a time that I spend with the Lord, and quite often, in this quietness, the Holy Spirit speaks to my heart. This morning was one of those mornings, and the Spirit spoke to me of the sadness in the fact that this morning brings much more thought to people's minds of gifts that they will be receiving, than the joy that could be held by individuals in thoughts of our Lord and Savior. I thought about the discrepancy of the date being wrong, (knowing that He was actually born in September), but there came a silence about that, as if the Holy Spirit knew that most don't even know or consider these things. There was a much stronger sense of the loss of knowing Jesus, and this is a rest for every day of the year. And then I realized that telling others about Jesus isn't nearly as important as for people to see Him reflected in our lives. And the only way that this can happen, is for us to give up our desires for His desires, and honor Him and put Him first in everything, and realize and thank Him for the hardships that He allows us to go through to hone us, sharpen us, and make us fit vessels that are transparent, and in this way the Lord can pour Himself through us to others. I saw how far I am from this mark and I see the light on the path to correcting this error.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:57 AM

28,575 posts, read 18,596,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Christ was never in Christmas ? ..... Luke 1:1-15 The Birth of Jesus

Why don't you people take your garbage to the non-Christian forums
"Christmas" is not even on the date of Jesus birth. Nothing about the date or the method of celebration or any of the festivities has anything to do with Christ, not a single aspect is scriptural. Christians did not even celebrate birthdays.

It's all a lie from the pit of hell, and you've bought and swallowed it whole.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,020,063 times
Quote:

It's all a lie from the pit of hell, and you've bought and swallowed it whole.
You think Christmas is a lie from the pit of hell? Does that include celebrating it at church, on in the home. with family and friends? Presents? Little kids singing Christmas Carols? Candles? Cookies? Creches? Reading the Christmas story out of the Bible on Christmas Eve?

Are all those things a lie from the pit of hell? Are trees allowed or, since they have pagan roots, are those to be shunned as well? Or..... is just the date we celebrate it a lie from the (spooky music here)..... bad place.

Please define "all". Thanks.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:51 AM

88,111 posts, read 83,961,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You think Christmas is a lie from the pit of hell? Does that include celebrating it at church, on in the home. with family and friends? Presents? Little kids singing Christmas Carols? Candles? Cookies? Creches? Reading the Christmas story out of the Bible on Christmas Eve?

Are all those things a lie from the pit of hell? Are trees allowed or, since they have pagan roots, are those to be shunned as well? Or..... is just the date we celebrate it a lie from the (spooky music here)..... bad place.

Really. A celebration that makes one feel closer to Christ is from the pit of hell? These angry people so full of negativity and hatred toward others make me just shake my head.

Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:02 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,020,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Really. A celebration that makes one feel closer to Christ is from the pit of hell? These angry people so full of negativity and hatred toward others make me just shake my head.

It was!

Full of blessings and most definitely not from the pit of hell.

I hope your's was also wonderful, MQ.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:44 PM

28,575 posts, read 18,596,190 times
Quote:

Reading scripture is okay. Everything else you mentioned is a lie from the pit of hell.

Why does it take anything more than the scriptures? Any addition to scripture is, indeed a lie from the pit of hell. Adding to scripture is precisely one of Satan's primary tactics.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 PM

27,910 posts, read 29,722,655 times
Quote:
Why does it take anything more than the scriptures? Any addition to scripture is, indeed a lie from the pit of hell. Adding to scripture is precisely one of Satan's primary tactics.
Tell me a little bit about your life. Is every last thing you do that is pleasurable mentioned in the scriptures? Do you ever attend a movie or a concert? Probably not, since they are not mentioned in the scriptures. Do you ever participate in sports or watch sporting events? I doubt it, since to do so would obviously be believing in a lie that is from the pit of hell. Good grief, man. I never realized how many of you fanatics there are on this forum.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:18 PM

27,910 posts, read 29,722,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Quote:
It was!

Full of blessings and most definitely not from the pit of hell.

I hope your's was also wonderful, MQ.
And a belated Merry Christmas to both of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity