Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:14 AM

668 posts, read 690,721 times

Advertisements

I have always found it amazing that a local church started many years down the road from the founding to the Christian religion could later decide to claim they were the original and all other churches were now under them. I believe that is the point that the local church in Rome apostatized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 10:37 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
I have always found it amazing that a local church started many years down the road from the founding to the Christian religion could later decide to claim they were the original and all other churches were now under them. I believe that is the point that the local church in Rome apostatized.
There no Protestants in the early days of Christianity.

The first Christians were Jews practicing as Jews do.

Only the CC is apostolic and it is described as Catholic as early as 107 AD.

The Protestants appeared about 500 years ago.

The Bible fundamentalists are no more than 100 years old.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:39 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONDerings View Post
From Catholics who care about your soul
You continue to quote the words of men that lived hundreds of years ago.

Poor scholarship!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:05 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Read Jesus own words about the Wheat and the Weeds and you will know the first "Church" was overgrown by weeds and in the Harvest/last days the wheat would be taken out of that mess.

Read Rev chapters 2 and 3 to see how bad it was just about 60 years after Jesus.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
There no Protestants in the early days of Christianity.
This is true. For the Roman church had not come to be yet nor departed from Christianity which it would do leading to some to "Protest" from within the church to then leave and attempt to return to Christianity.

Quote:
The first Christians were Jews practicing as Jews do.
Yes there were a few Jews who accepted their Messiah.

Quote:
Only the CC is apostolic and it is described as Catholic as early as 107 AD.
Not sure when the Christians founded the local church in Rome. Peter of course had nothing to do with it and it later left Christianity and formed the RCC and began to usurp power over other local churches that never existed in Christianity.

Quote:
The Protestants appeared about 500 years ago.
I assume that's right because it's part of the RCC group that became Protestants.

Quote:
The Bible fundamentalists are no more than 100 years old.
I believe your off by thousands of years here.

You obviously need to learn Christian history rather than RCC propaganda. It will help you get the fact right.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Read Jesus own words about the Wheat and the Weeds and you will know the first "Church" was overgrown by weeds and in the Harvest/last days the wheat would be taken out of that mess.

Read Rev chapters 2 and 3 to see how bad it was just about 60 years after Jesus.
Well if they were within the Christian churches I would see the correlation but they are a wild weed unto themselves today.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:49 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Well if they were within the Christian churches I would see the correlation but they are a wild weed unto themselves today.
According to Jesus they ARE in the Churches of today and will be removed from them during the harvest. Weeds to the fire and wheat to his storehouse (singular thus not many churches). The weed filled churches won't be reformed they will be gone.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
According to Jesus they ARE in the Churches of today and will be removed from them during the harvest. Weeds to the fire and wheat to his storehouse (singular thus not many churches). The weed filled churches won't be reformed they will be gone.
I don' t see the Catholics within my church. What churches do you see them in?

Old 12-24-2013, 03:25 PM

103 posts, read 118,857 times
Think about it for a minute........what does the sentence "no salvation outside the church" conjure up in your mind? Do you think that all or some outside the Catholic church are saved as some misguided Catholics would have you believe? Does no salvation outside the church and all are saved, or some may be saved, or perhaps they may be saved even remotely sound the same? Of course not!

Dear friends do not fall victim to smoke and mirrors. We're all intelligent adults who can read and comprehend what we read.

Pope Francis himself said this year, “It’s an absurd dichotomy to think one can live with Jesus, but without the Church, to follow Jesus outside the Church, to love Jesus and not the Church.”
CNS STORY: Pope tells sisters the church needs them, they need the church

It's not too late to return to the Mother Church instituted by Jesus Christ to all mankind. Don't be fooled by those misguided Catholics who tell you believe whatever you want or believe nothing at all-just lead a good life-they are wrong. Who are you going to trust and believe........some guy who calls himself a Catholic on a forum..........or the blessed Pope himself? Read his words and the words of all the other Popes and church fathers and decide.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONDerings View Post
Think about it for a minute........what does the sentence "no salvation outside the church" conjure up in your mind? Do you think that all or some outside the Catholic church are saved as some misguided Catholics would have you believe? Does no salvation outside the church and all are saved, or some may be saved, or perhaps they may be saved even remotely sound the same? Of course not!

Dear friends do not fall victim to smoke and mirrors. We're all intelligent adults who can read and comprehend what we read.

Pope Francis himself said this year, “It’s an absurd dichotomy to think one can live with Jesus, but without the Church, to follow Jesus outside the Church, to love Jesus and not the Church.”
CNS STORY: Pope tells sisters the church needs them, they need the church

It's not too late to return to the Mother Church instituted by Jesus Christ to all mankind. Don't be fooled by those misguided Catholics who tell you believe whatever you want or believe nothing at all-just lead a good life-they are wrong. Who are you going to trust and believe........some guy who calls himself a Catholic on a forum..........or the blessed Pope himself? Read his words and the words of all the other Popes and church fathers and decide.
I am going to reject both the forum poster and the pope and believe God and His Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity