Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 05:24 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay. So I already gave you my valid answer: Yes, they'll go to Heaven.
Many other Christians however state with conviction that the children of evil people were tarnished by their evil parents, and so must burn in hell, being unfit for heaven.

What a lovely religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 06:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Many other Christians however state with conviction that the children of evil people were tarnished by their evil parents, and so must burn in hell, being unfit for heaven.

What a lovely religion.
At least they're all working from the same God-inspired writings from the God-inspired scribes, editors, Church High Mucky-Mucks, translators et al throughout the centuries.

Which is why all the various 33,000+ denominations get along together so famously - an inspiration to non-believers everywhere!

Old 12-07-2016, 07:40 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Could you explain why you feel that way?
Let me modify my answer.

Anyone.. fetus, infant, or whomever... that does not have the Holy Spirit does not go to heaven.

Why did I modify my answer? John the Baptist.

What does he have to do with it? He was in the womb when Mary visited and he lept in the womb. Both he and his mother were filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1).

God is the giver of the Holy Spirit. He has the power to work within any living human.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let me modify my answer.

Anyone.. fetus, infant, or whomever... that does not have the Holy Spirit does not go to heaven.

What does he have to do with it? He was in the womb when Mary visited and he lept in the womb. Both he and his mother were filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1).

God is the giver of the Holy Spirit. He has the power to work within any living human.
Thank you for continuing to step up to the plate and bravely demonstrating the wrongness of your particular brand of Christianity.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:47 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Let me modify my answer.

Wow. It's times like this that I am so, so, so grateful that I was raised with the beliefs I was.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thank you for continuing to step up to the plate and bravely demonstrating the wrongness of your particular brand of Christianity.
Quote:
Wow. It's times like this that I am so, so, so grateful that I was raised with the beliefs I was.
The difference is I realize that my view is just a view - even though I try to base it on the Bible. I have nothing to do with the outcome.

Your beliefs, or how you grew up, or how express your incredulity at what I think, have nothing to do with the outcome as well. So, whatever...

Old 12-07-2016, 09:28 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
The difference is I realize that my view is just a view - even though I try to base it on the Bible. I have nothing to do with the outcome.

Your beliefs, or how you grew up, or how express your incredulity at what I think, have nothing to do with the outcome as well. So, whatever...
Well, you're right about that, and I appreciate the fact that you are willing to acknowledge (as I am) that we're all just expressing our personal beliefs and opinions. None of us can say for sure how things are going to pan out. That's up to God.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:20 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Let me modify my answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Quote:

Quote:
True. What is troubling is the picture that your views paint of the character of the God you claim to worship. That you are not troubled by it is puzzling.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-07-2016 at 11:48 PM..

Old 12-07-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

True. What is troubling is the picture that your views paint of the character of the God you claim to worshiip. That you are not troubled by it is puzzling.
If you truly know God, and understand His character, there is no sense in being troubled.

It is puzzling to you because you don't know Him.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:53 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

True. What is troubling is the picture that your views paint of the character of the God you claim to worship. That you are not troubled by it is puzzling.
Quote:
If you truly know God, and understand His character, there is no sense in being troubled.
It is puzzling to you because you don't know Him.
Since everyone who loves knows God and is "born of God," I will ignore your ignorant assertion that I do not know God. Jesus was unambiguous in describing and demonstrating the character and true nature of God as agape love. So anything that you believe about God from the Bible that is inconsistent with agape love can NOT be from God or Jesus. Why do you believe and accept them???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity