Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 09:42 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When reasoning points out that eternal punishment of any kind is NOT compatible with a loving God . . . it has to be called trickery by those who retain those two incompatible beliefs about God, pcamps. It is called cognitive dissonance and it cannot be penetrated by reason.
I don't believe it got that point because I think cognitive dissonance would require a realization of the contradiction. What they are doing is saying there can't be contradiction in their already held belief so it gets discarded ourright and not processed mentally and instead what happens is that it triggers their brain to put forward what they hold as safe and put that forward with more emphasis as if to send a deluge after us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Jesus said he desired many times to gather His people under His wings but they had refused every time. Did He desire? Yes. Did He get His desire in this particular case? No.
Quote:
God desires none of us should sin...does he get his way?
Jeez, I never realized how impotent God really is until now.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I don't believe it got that point because I think cognitive dissonance would require a realization of the contradiction. What they are doing is saying there can't be contradiction in their already held belief so it gets discarded ourright and not processed mentally and instead what happens is that it triggers their brain to put forward what they hold as safe and put that forward with more emphasis as if to send a deluge after us.
That IS how cognitive dissonance works, trettep. Its whole purpose is to prevent our conscious self from acknowledging any contradictions. It is driven by our unconscious desire to protect us from contradictions of our most important and deeply held beliefs.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
So you believe these things and yet you also believe all these:

1.) God gives life
2.) Each of us that have had the breath of life was given to us for God's Purpose for us.
3.) God doesn't fail
4.) God's purpose for each of us doesn't fail.
5.) God finishes what He started.
6.) God knows the end from the beginning
7.) Salvation is 100% God's Work
8.) God Desires to save everyone.
9.) God desires none to be lost.
10.) God chooses us, we don't choose Him.

And yet you want us to believe also that God would contradict all those things and torment the wicked for eternity. Now you blast me as a liar but don't you realize WHY I can't believe as you do? If I did side with you at this time, I would have to accept contradiction. For what reason would anyone do such a thing? Tradition? - because your family believes it? or the nice people at the church believe it? Why would any rational and logical person ever embrace such a contradiction.
To be quite frank, because they're life would never be the same again. The implication of no longer embracing the obvious contradictions of their belief comes with a huge price to pay, but one well worth it for the joy and peace of knowing God is not just potentially a savior to all but is the savior of all. No amount of rhetoric and christian cliches can conceal us from the obvious embracing of the contradictions of the scriptures. All 10 of your questions should be answered "all of them" without hesitation.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:07 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
I didn't blast you at all. I blast the idea that I should embrace contradiction. Put yourselve in my shoes and look at what your wanting me to believe and the evidence your providing compared the evidence I provided. God as our witness.
Well, it is abvious your going to believe trettep rather then God.
It is universalism philosophy that contradicts everything about God... your evidence is from the father of lies.
Personally trettep, at this point I don't really give a hoot what you believe. You see it is not I in whom you will answer to one day for embracing this philosophy.... let me introduce Him to you, His is name is Jesus Christ, He is the judge of your life and the whole world! and He loves you very much and is very concern about people embrancing these lies about Him.

I pray somehow or someway Jesus will be able to clear this cloud of darkness from those in whom are holding on to it for dear life !
It truly does break my heart as I watch the destruction of it and what it is doing to the very soul of those who listen and have decided to exchanged God's truth for the lies of this philosophy of universalism.

In God's love

Old 01-02-2014, 10:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Finn_Jarber, it is not 99.9999999999%. It is 100% of Humanity is forced to submit to God.
99.9999999999% have not been forced. History, and the word of God proves you wrong. Sorry.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Well, it is abvious your going to believe trettep rather then God.
It is universalism philosophy that contradicts everything about God... your evidence is from the father of lies.
Personally trettep, at this point I don't really give a hoot what you believe. You see it is not I in whom you will answer to one day for embracing this philosophy.... let me introduce Him to you, His is name is Jesus Christ, He is the judge of your life and the whole world! and He loves you very much and is very concern about people embrancing these lies about Him.

I pray somehow or someway Jesus will be able to clear this cloud of darkness from those in whom are holding on to it for dear life !
It truly does break my heart as I watch the destruction of it and what it is doing to the very soul of those who listen and have decided to exchanged God's truth for the lies of this philosophy of universalism.

In God's love
Many people have far more faith in their own "logic" than in God.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Many people have far more faith in their own "logic" than in God.
I'm truly beginning to see that....

If only they would truly trust God, walking by faith rather then sight, not lean toward the self, oh, how they would/will weep at the feet of Jesus !
The tears will flow out like a river, almost unstoppable when one truly looks into the face of the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ.....

Blessings to you, Finn

Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
So you believe these things and yet you also believe all these:

1.) God gives life
2.) Each of us that have had the breath of life was given to us for God's Purpose for us.
3.) God doesn't fail
4.) God's purpose for each of us doesn't fail.
5.) God finishes what He started.
6.) God knows the end from the beginning
7.) Salvation is 100% God's Work
8.) God Desires to save everyone.
9.) God desires none to be lost.
10.) God chooses us, we don't choose Him.

And yet you want us to believe also that God would contradict all those things and torment the wicked for eternity. Now you blast me as a liar but don't you realize WHY I can't believe as you do? If I did side with you at this time, I would have to accept contradiction. For what reason would anyone do such a thing? Tradition? - because your family believes it? or the nice people at the church believe it? Why would any rational and logical person ever embrace such a contradiction.
Yes, and it is not that Universalists do not TRUST GOD, it is that they do not TRUST the BIBLE nor follow it to the letter, knowing it was put together by the corrupted hands of evil men. But the fundamentalists cling to the bible, not to God himself and then pretend they are so sad that God must send so many to hell who refuse to listen to them. Blah, blah, blah...............

Old 01-02-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, and it is not that Universalists do not TRUST GOD, it is that they do not TRUST the BIBLE nor follow it to the letter, knowing it was put together by the corrupted hands of evil men.
It's comments like this which makes it impossible for me to take urs seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity