Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 04:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
My prayer for the UR folk: O Lord, please remove the verses from Your Word, which speak of Eternal Seperation and punishment upon those who reject Jesus in this life.
A single scripture(without the add ons) would be enough to verify what you are saying here is salvation from eternal hell. My prayer is you stop seeing all the little add ons what are not there. Like adding the wrath of God remains on him that sends him to eternal hell, shall not perish in eternal hell but have ever lasting life, and thou shall be saved from eternal hell, repent everyone of you for the remission of sins and you will not go to eternal hell, the list of add ons is everlasting, I mean age during.x
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 05:14 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So your agreeing with me that you said that God doesn't get what He desires.
Jesus said He did not get what He desired when He desired to gather Israel under His wings. I didn't say God never gets what He desires. I gave you an example of a situation when He did get what He desired.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-31-2013 at 05:27 AM..

Old 12-31-2013, 05:17 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you fundies persist in misquoting and misinterpreting this verse?

John 3:36 King James Version (KJV)

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

pisteuō eis = "believe ON" = the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul

No one says God doesn't hold us accountable for our un-love . . . but having what you consider the wrong belief is not subject to accountability. God has no ego needs that must be assuaged by our fawning over Him or His Son. "Belief on" His Son is an inner conviction to Christ-like attitudes toward all human beings that results when we listen to Jesus' Holy Spirit within guiding us to what God has "written in our hearts." THAT is the "believe on" Jesus that matters . . . not what you proclaim to "believe in." It is when we do not believe Jesus and follow His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't that we are failing.
Is God`s love poured out into the heart of every human being, is it written in every heart or only in them, that receive Jesus as a gift, through Him we have forgiveness of sin through His sacrifice and excess to the throne of grace.
Your believe on Christ seems to me the own afford to follow Jesus as an example. Not far away from a Humanist. Rom 6:22 "But now being made free from sin, and become servants of God, you have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." Jesus cleanses us from sin, if we have received Him and confess our failures. We are not going to be free from sin by our own affords. Believe on is more than to keep a law and may it be as the law of love God and our neighbor.
Gal 6:8 "He that sows to his flesh shall reap corruption, but he that sows to the Spirit will reap from the Spirit eternal life. It is the Holy Spirit that produces the fruit and in the end we will reap everlasting life. It is conditional and not unconditional as you believe. Not every one gets the Holy Spirit, only those that are born again and ask to be filled, it is not for everyone, only who obey God, the believers. To hear the word is not enough, we need to be doers.
Jon 12:50 "And I know that His commandment is life everlasting." This commandment is to listen what Jesus says( Mat 17:5; Mar 9:7; Luk 9:35; Deu 18:15+18) Verse 19 says that anyone that does not listen to His words will be judged. He that does not believe will not see (future) life, because he does not listen. The one that does works of iniquity will not enter life, but cast into everlasting fire (Mat 18:8). This is condemnation and not purification (Mat 25:46).

Old 12-31-2013, 07:42 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It goes back to people setting fake goals for God, and then accusing Him for missing them. I have heard it before.
Imagine a universe or a realm where 90% of souls created scream out in agony for all of eternity. This is the best He can do? This was His plan?

Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Imagine a universe or a realm where 90% of souls created scream out in agony for all of eternity. This is the best He can do? This was His plan?
Sounds like you made up a claim, and then you mock it by saying "really"?

Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Imagine a universe or realm where even one soul is created to live in torment for all of eternity.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:16 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Jesus said He did not get what He desired when He desired to gather Israel under His wings. I didn't say God never gets what He desires. I gave you an example of a situation when He did get what He desired.
You might not have said that God never gets what he desires but you did say that God doesn't ALWAYS get what He desires.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You might not have said that God never gets what he desires but you did say that God doesn't ALWAYS get what He desires.
It's not about me. Jesus said it Himself.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:36 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,420 times
Quote:
Sounds like you made up a claim, and then you mock it by saying "really"?
So it's not true? Most will be saved? Or your going to dance around this one?

Old 12-31-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
So it's not true? Most will be saved? Or your going to dance around this one?
I'd rather see you show where you got your claims about the 90%, and the "screaming in agony".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity