Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 06:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

The words of the title of this thread are Paul's found in 1 Timothy 1:13. He also spoke of God's immense patience towards him while he acted like the biggest sinner known to man, shortly after in the same chapter.

Is it any wonder that he said ............Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance. For he fully understood what it took for him to be free from sin(missing the mark) and what it was doing to him(not where it was sending him). Never once was he threatened with eternal hell, and never once in anything he said comes close to suggesting that the gospel he taught and preached was one salvation of from eternal hell. I know this is an offense for all who believe they are saved from eternal hell, i understand that because this being the truth of the scriptures, shows the foundation of your faith is sinking sand and to believe your'e not saved from eternal hell comes with huge complications, Paul considered all that he believed before rubbish, to gain something, if you want to be free from the sin of missing the mark, i suggest you do the same thing and consider the belief in the doctrine of eternal hell rubbish to gain the excellency.

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all. Romans 11:32
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 08:28 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The words of the title of this thread are Paul's found in 1 Timothy 1:13. He also spoke of God's immense patience towards him while he acted like the biggest sinner known to man, shortly after in the same chapter.

Is it any wonder that he said ............Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance. For he fully understood what it took for him to be free from sin(missing the mark) and what it was doing to him(not where it was sending him). Never once was he threatened with eternal hell, and never once in anything he said comes close to suggesting that the gospel he taught and preached was one salvation of from eternal hell. I know this is an offense for all who believe they are saved from eternal hell, i understand that because this being the truth of the scriptures, shows the foundation of your faith is sinking sand and to believe your'e not saved from eternal hell comes with huge complications, Paul considered all that he believed before rubbish, to gain something, if you want to be free from the sin of missing the mark, i suggest you do the same thing and consider the belief in the doctrine of eternal hell rubbish to gain the excellency.

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all. Romans 11:32
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity