Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to call out many Catholicisim Doctrinal errors?
YES 15 26.79%
NO 41 73.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:23 PM

668 posts, read 690,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Then it existed before Jesus and the early RCC held a council to debate if it was teaching heresy and if it was, it wasn't followed, not by many, after it was proclaimed to be teaching heresy. Most wanted to follow what Jesus taught, not a lie.
The point is it existed prior to the founding of the RCC in the 3rd century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 07:24 PM

Remember Jesus went to a Baptist to be baptized!

It's been fun playing the game with you guy's today. But I have important things to do so I must leave it with you for the night.

Keep warm!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,335,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
See, there is another group that existed long before the RCC.
It is well know there were dozens and dozens of competing religions, but the Catholic Church prevailed. By the way the church became accepted by the Romans when Constantine converted in the early 4th century.

But, the Church was already Catholic by at least 107 AD. You need to study the writings of the great Christians of the past. You may want to look into Eusebius the first Church historian.

The Montanists were declared heretics by the CC and quickly lost steam.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:38 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
The point is it existed prior to the founding of the RCC in the 3rd century.
Where do you get the idea the RCC started in the 3rd century? Is it because that was when Constantine formally stopped the persecution of Christians and they could at last come out of hiding and live a normal life? That doesn't mean the Christian church wasn't around until the 3rd century, they just had to worship in the catacombs and stay in hiding or be killed. Many groups lived together and there were a number of years when they could live in peace but whenever a tragedy happened the Roman emperors blamed the Christians for it, be it an earthquake or some other catastrophe, and the persecutions would start again.

You really need to study early church history. BUT St. Ignacius used the name Catholic to describe the church as early as the 1st century.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Remember Jesus went to a Baptist to be baptized!

It's been fun playing the game with you guy's today. But I have important things to do so I must leave it with you for the night.

Keep warm!
LOL, John was called the Baptist because he baptized people, not for his religion.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
LOL, John was called the Baptist because he baptized people, not for his religion.
So you do not think baptism is part of your religion? When some apostate local churches stopped baptizing and started pouring water on people and babies instead they started calling the Christians Baptist and Anabaptist. Just as John was called the Baptist.

It's a religion that has been called many names. God started it actually and Jesus established His church in it. All Christians are baptized into it by Christ.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:10 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
So you do not think baptism is part of your religion? When some apostate local churches stopped baptizing and started pouring water on people and babies instead they started calling the Christians Baptist and Anabaptist. Just as John was called the Baptist.

It's a religion that has been called many names. God started it actually and Jesus established His church in it. All Christians are baptized into it by Christ.
Apostolic Churches....... ?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And I will point out that your church has declared that they are the only true church. In fact, my beliefs were anathematized by your church several centuries ago.
And never canceled, but confirmed in Vatican II. So we are not part of her RCC, some want to teach us. I protest, I do not want to belong to a church, that tells me, I have to pray to Mary, when the bible says, I have to pray to my Father in Heaven. They claim to be the only true church as JW and the Mormons do, but who is right? In my bible Peter is not a Pope and no document exist that he was a bishop of Rom. We can look at their fruit and we may know them. History speaks for itself. We belong to the body of Christ, the true CC. Jesus said, we can have the name and are dead. Their popes were the worst sinners, but their words are still infallible and cannot be cancelled. A bad tree cannot produce good fruit. The foundation is pagan and comes spiritual from Babylon. Our protest is justified and therefore we are called Protestants, but in reality we are defenders of the truth. No Catholic may be offended, you are my brothers and sisters, but I take my right to stand against a church that thinks she can call me anathema. Even if this is the dark Middle Ages, it is still a decree of the church and so long this church thinks their sinful Popes are infallible and are the Vicar of Christ, I have nothing to do with that church.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:15 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I dont think you should bash a Catholic as a person, but anything that goes against the bible needs to be addressed if it does against scripture. Life is not about being a Christian or believing in and following any creeds, it is about believing Jesus died for your sins, repenting and trying to live your life like he did and how he commanded us to. If someone or something goes against what the bible teaches, it needs to be pointed out and corrected in Love, without name calling, or condemning someone to hell, or calling it the Beast/Anti-Christ worship.

Does the bible command us to have a Pope?

Does the bible speak against graven images?

Does the bible speak against idolatry and bowing to statues?

Doesnt the bible say only God(YHWH) can forgive sins?

Doesnt the bible say to only pray to the Father, NOT Mary?

Does the bible speak against substituting what God commands and replacing it with human traditions?

Again this is not a Catholic basing, but to really question is Catholicism (mainly RCC) following and teaching what the bible commands or making up its own rules.
What I take from this post is that if one says something AGAINST THE BIBLE, then he is condemned (in your eyes). This is what I call BIBLE-ISM. It's the religion of the fundamentalist Christian.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:16 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,201 times
Quote:
Is that the idiot that protest at funerals of our servicemen?
That's the one, and to think you were believed to be affiliated with them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity