Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 06:28 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I'm still waiting for you to tell me if the pictures I posted proves without doubt that there is intelligent life on Mars and that ghosts are real.

I posted pictures. Therefore, by your logic, I have proven beyond doubt that both of those things are real. If not, please explain why - and then apply that same logic to your picture of a boat-shaped rock outcropping ... err ... I mean your picture of a petrified ark.
You are using false analogy that if one picture is false then all pictures of Noah's ark are just as wrong.

Quote:
In case you're interested ...

The shape of this formation is like a modern fossilized boat, but it does not fit the dimensions of Noah's Ark given in the Bible (length six times its width). The Bible says the width was 50 cubits (75 feet or 22.5 meters). That means it was rectangular, not pointed at the ends, but you can see the formation pictured is only a few meters wide at the ends, not 50 cubits. This formation's width is all wrong.
The cubit was actually the Egyptian cubit which was I think 21.5 inches making the ark around 513 foot long which is exactly what the video proves by measurements of the ark they found. It was pointed according the the Septuagint which is a Greek Old Testament translation of a much older Hebrew text which shows it was pointed.

Quote:
Bible-believing geologists have thoroughly examined this object and found it is made of different types of rock. If it were the Ark it would contain fossilized wood, but it doesn't. Some people thought they found fossilized wood in it in the 1980s, but it turned out to be basalt (a volcanic rock).
Please see the video below to see the real facts.

Quote:
The streamlined, pointed shape of the rock formation is unlike what Bible scholars and creationist scientists believe the Ark was like. They believe the real Ark had squared-off ends. It only had to float, and squared-off ends are the most stable shape. The Ark was not going anywhere, because it was merely a vessel for keeping alive the representative animals that God sent to Noah for preservation. So pointed ends would not be practical.
Please see the video below for the facts.

Quote:
Creation magazine published an exhaustive report by respected Australian geologist Dr. Andrew A. Snelling in its issue of September-November 1992. The 13-page report looked at the claims of the late Ron Wyatt, who was the prime lobbyist for this site's being the Ark. Dr. Snelling worked with other creationist geologists who had examined the site, and the overwhelming scientific opinion was that this rock formation is not the Ark.
Please see the video below for the actual facts.

This really is Noah's ark. Did you watch the video? Scientists, archeologists, a former astronaut help to prove it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RUWxK4EW4#t=405

The video is about 2 hours long but absolutely proves to be Noah's ark.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:52 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Eusebius, mate. I know this is probably going to be represented by you as denial of incontravertable Proof, but I have no intention of watching your time -wasting video proving the ark (1). You are ignoring the evidence I have posted, so why should I (or the brilliant Shirina) waste time on your interminable you -tubes?

The 'evidence' you have presented amounts to nothing worth while. Counter - evidence to your plonking claims of prediluvian iron - working pr that the Ark was (all of a sudden ) boat - shaped are ignored and your bald faith - claims will no doubt pop up again.

Like I say, I know we can't change your mind - only you can do that. But claims about Genesis -based arkeology and a Noachian flood have to be countered so at to ensure that readers see both sides of the argument. They can decide for themselves who has the better case and who is doing the bamboozling. All I ask of them is open -minded (which not the same as 'unquestioningly accepting) consideration of the case.

(1) in fact I watched a bit of it and could see what it was worth - despite you doing the usual credential - waving. If a scientist finds out something that you don't want to believe, his opinions are just wrong, isn't it the way that works?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:02 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post

NOTICE; the day & month that happened; What other important events happened on the exact same day & month?
That is the exact date of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and ... 7 other major events!

Notice: the staggering odds!
I doubt that I need to comment much on your post, Atkutuq, except that I doubt that anybody knows the exact day and month of the 'supposed' resurrection. We don't know whether he rose on the last knockings of the Friday (as per Luke) Sunday morning as implied by Matthew, or during the Saturday. Nobody knows for sure that it really was on the Passover month (Nisan) as there are strong indications that Jesus got nailed up rather during the feast of Tabernacles.

However, that is, I realize, all off -topic.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 AM

758 posts, read 847,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I doubt that I need to comment much on your post, Atkutuq, except that I doubt that anybody knows the exact day and month of the 'supposed' resurrection. We don't know whether he rose on the last knockings of the Friday (as per Luke) Sunday morning as implied by Matthew, or during the Saturday. Nobody knows for sure that it really was on the Passover month (Nisan) as there are strong indications that Jesus got nailed up rather during the feast of Tabernacles.

However, that is, I realize, all off -topic.
We know the exact day of creation! The bible provides all of the necessary dates to make such accurate statements. Just because you don't know; that doesn't mean others are ignorant!

We know for a fact: Jesus was crucified on "passover"!

Thanks for the input!

Last edited by Atkutuq; 02-16-2014 at 07:23 AM..

Old 02-16-2014, 07:31 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I'm going to assume that your facetious answer to my questions means you realize that Noah could not have built the ark. Of course you'll go on believing that he did, but I think I've shown fairly conclusively that your belief is all wrong. One cannot just pick up a hammer and start building an ark of that size with no skill in shipbuilding. Especially in a desert where wood is rather scarce and would be very expensive to import.
And Noah did this with enough skill to withstand the turbulence of Pangea breaking apart rapidly, as asserted by Ken Ham. Of course, we'll ignore the amount of gases that would've thrown into the atmosphere, creating a global ice age during this process.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:32 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
We know the exact day of creation! The bible provides all of the necessary dates to make such accurate statements. Just because you don't know; that doesn't mean others are ignorant!

We know for a fact: Jesus was crucified on "passover"!

Thanks for the input!
And, what day was that?

Passover. The day that God supposedly murdered the first born of every Egyptian family?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Eusebius, mate. I know this is probably going to be represented by you as denial of incontravertable Proof, but I have no intention of watching your time -wasting video proving the ark (1). You are ignoring the evidence I have posted, so why should I (or the brilliant Shirina) waste time on your interminable you -tubes?
That is too bad AREQUIPA. I thought, if anyone was interested in learning it would be you. The video shows absolute proof it is Noah's Ark.

Quote:
The 'evidence' you have presented amounts to nothing worth while. Counter - evidence to your plonking claims of prediluvian iron - working pr that the Ark was (all of a sudden ) boat - shaped are ignored and your bald faith - claims will no doubt pop up again.
I'm sorry you state that since you have not even watched the video. I guess you will have to go through life with your current, incomplete, understanding.

Quote:
Like I say, I know we can't change your mind - only you can do that. But claims about Genesis -based arkeology and a Noachian flood have to be countered so at to ensure that readers see both sides of the argument. They can decide for themselves who has the better case and who is doing the bamboozling. All I ask of them is open -minded (which not the same as 'unquestioningly accepting) consideration of the case.
That is too bad you are saying that. If you really were open to the facts, you'd see things differently. Your failure to even watch a short video reveals you are content to go through life in darkness and are content to being lied to be a dupe of those who have lied to you.

Quote:
(1) in fact I watched a bit of it and could see what it was worth - despite you doing the usual credential - waving. If a scientist finds out something that you don't want to believe, his opinions are just wrong, isn't it the way that works?
Well, what is it? First you say you aren't going to even watch the video and then you state you watched a little bit of it? Either you did or didn't. You can't not watch it but watch a little bit. Either you watch it or don't.
The video absolutely proves it is the ark. Just watching a little bit gives you an incomplete understanding. That's like going to school and taking one hour of introductory Algebra and then you leaving the class and saying: "I studied Algebra and found it can't help with anything I do." That's O.K. if that's the way you wan't to approach this. Probably 90% of mankind are content to go through life ignorant.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
And Noah did this with enough skill to withstand the turbulence of Pangea breaking apart rapidly, as asserted by Ken Ham. Of course, we'll ignore the amount of gases that would've thrown into the atmosphere, creating a global ice age during this process.
Since when did you become a professional geophysicist?

If you don't watch the entire video, don't blame me that you continue on the way you are.

It absolutely proves to be Noah's ark and absolutely proves the Bible was right all along.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 AM

591 posts, read 925,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RUWxK4EW4#t=405

The video is about 2 hours long but absolutely proves to be Noah's ark.
Another link that does no such thing. Keep trying though, I'm sure your 6th attempt to find the Ark will prove successful.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:14 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Wow, this "Noah's Ark" discussion is still going on. I have been told by many a religious person that the tale of Noah's Ark to be allegorical and in fact not intended to be taken as factual. I have always disagreed with that assessment and contended that it was written to be believed as fact but then relegated to the status of metaphor by an advancing social sophistication. Obviously the "advancing social sophistication" is yet to encompass the entire population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity