Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 02:39 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
As there is work, order, and submission in the Godhead between the Father, The Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit -- there is also work, order and submission in the family unit between husband, wife, and children.

It is the perfect model of our Triune God, but those who are not in the Spirit do not and cannot know and realize this.
I agree... true words. I'm not sure if they're not in the spirit , 'cause I can't see into their hearts, but yes the triune nature of God is an excellent model to follow for men and women. It will never be outdated as many will suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
From 1 Corinthians, chapter 13:

Gosh, there's plenty of god-fearing women I know who are in big trouble with this one...:roll eyes:

This is what you get when people follow a book instead of following their conscience. Lead your life with kindness and you don't have to worry about what's being godly or not.
Did you find good esteeming verses as well? They're there.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:15 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
This is what you get when people follow a book instead of following their conscience. Lead your life with kindness and you don't have to worry about what's being godly or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Did you find good esteeming verses as well? They're there.

It seems to me that Notyouraveragebear is an intelligent person who has enough common sense to live his or her life with kindness instead of just looking for Bible verses to justify his or her behavior.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:22 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
If a list of bible verses pertaining to women labels me as an egotistic chauvinist and an abomination in your head, then so be it. But you've missed my point. I'm reminded of Billy Graham's (another chauvinist pig I suppose in your view) response to a man asking why men and women were created differently. His response was, "God did make men and women different from each other. And one reason He did is because we need each other. You aren't complete in yourself (even if you don't realize it); you need your wife. And she needs you, also, because she is not complete without you. She needs your unique strengths and abilities, and you need hers. After God created Adam, He said, "It is not good for the man to be alone" (Genesis 2:18). God then created Eve."

I stand with God and His Word.

It's as simple as that.
As suspected, you may not get a lot of serious takers on this one. It almost falls into the "wives submit to your husbands" category in the minds of many (NOT solely what the Bible says). These days, some scriptural concepts seem to engender more angst and finger-pointing, than truth seeking. - BTW, Good list on Proverbs!

Old 01-08-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
It seems to me that Notyouraveragebear is an intelligent person who has enough common sense to live his or her life with kindness instead of just looking for Bible verses to justify his or her behavior.
An intelligent person gives weight to all information... not just what is perceived as negative. That would be equivalent to a low informed voter of which we have a lot more these days.

My opinions and beliefs are formed by the Bible, not affirmed by the Bible... but that's just me. Again there is really good stuff about women in the Bible, very esteeming things of good measure.How's 'bout "she is worth more than diamonds"... that ain't bad, now is it. And wait... there's more!! just gotta read and find out.

What's the harm in that? Balance my friend, balance.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:55 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
I don't think man and woman are simply the same thing with different body parts. There seems to be some internal hard-wiring differences that 34 years of marriage has reinforced.
OR that could be personality types. I don't think gender has much to do with how peoples brain works. Opposite personality types attract though.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:45 PM

Watch little boys and little girls play. There's a difference, one not better than the other, but different. My own (4) children affirmed that for me.

My daughter taught me so much about girls (and now women). I remember she told me God created boys with camping equipment when she was 8.... and that a girl growing up (21) should have brothers, so the things her husband will eventually do, won't disgust her.

We are different and should celebrate those differences. Those who believe it's just body parts... you give me pause.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
We are different and should celebrate those differences.
Do any of these differences have anything to do with what is Godly? That would help to address the question posed by the OP.

Last edited by hiker45; 01-08-2014 at 07:42 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,842 times
Submissive to her husband.
Quiet and gentle spirit.
Helper to her husband.
Modest.
Considerate.
God first, husband second kids third... So on.
She takes care of her family.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:59 PM

41 posts, read 37,924 times
so why doesn't God have a wife?

Considering man was created in God's image, and man needs woman to complete him, why doesn't God need Goddess to complete Him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity