Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,948 times

Advertisements

I love love love the conviction of your heart. God draws us to learn more of him and he takes the stupor off if us as we fall more in love with him.

Thank you so much as I have been digging for years to become more intimate with Him. Let's face it ... When we are in love with someone we want to know everything about them.

You obsiously have the fruits of truly loving our Father. So beautiful !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,948 times
I pray you don't receive all the negative comments. I stumbled upon this while searching the strongs on line.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:56 PM

481 posts, read 262,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus is the name that the Bible gives to Jesus. He has no other name in scripture.
Who then is Michael the Arc Angel, and Gabriel is an angel used by Jehovah at certain times, as was the case with Daniel.

THE spirit creature called Michael is not mentioned often in the Bible. However, when he is referred to, he is in action. In the book of Daniel, Michael is battling wicked angels; in the letter of Jude, he is disputing with Satan; and in Revelation, he is waging war with the Devil and his demons. By defending Jehovah’s rulership and fighting God’s enemies, Michael lives up to the meaning of his name—“Who Is Like God?” But who is Michael?
At times, individuals are known by more than one name. For example, the patriarch Jacob is also known as Israel, and the apostle Peter, as Simon. (Genesis 49:1, 2; Matthew 10:2) Likewise, the Bible indicates that Michael is another name for Jesus Christ.

However, the name Jehovah is the accepted usage for God the Creator, the Father of Jesus and all mankind, and Jesus is his only begotten son, and the frist born of all creation, and this is clearly shown in the Bible.

We all have names, your family have names and your friends have names, all personal to them and to you in identifying who is who. People argue that if you use the pronunciation Jehovah (Je-hove-a, phonetically) that you are wrong. But consider this, when most people hear the name Jehovah, they know exactly who you are talking about if you are speaking English.

Japanese people have trouble saying the letter V, and L, so it they said Jehobah, would you criticise them for not saying the name correctly?

In Australia, we will, in a colloquial sense, call a person by the name of John, Jack, William as Bill, Peter as Pete, but it is common and most people know the difference when you are referring to a particular person.

Jehovah is an exacting name, It was in the early rendition fo the King James Version of the Bible and is given full rendition of the every occasion in the New World Translation.

To pray, as Jesus said in the "Lords Prayer" we should say Our Father who art in the heavens, Hallowed by thy name." Jesus did not say YOUR father, or Hallowed by my name". The Bible also tells us that we must come to the Father via Jesus for our supplications to be heard.

We must pray to God in Jesus’ name because this is the only way God has approved for us to approach Him. Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) Jesus also told his faithful apostles: “Most truly I say to you, If you ask the Father for anything he will give it to you in my name.”—John 16:23.

To use the interpretation in English Jehovah is perfectively acceptable, and if someone had a speech impediment and said it a little differently, would you judge them?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:05 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,274 times
Quote:
dfoush21 posted >
IN Hebrew it's AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH, which mean I AM THAT I AM. Which he told to Moses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God identified Himself to Moses both as 'I AM', and by His name YHVH. So . . . not a pagan name.

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM" (הָיָה אֲשֶׁר הָיָה; ’eh·yeh ’ă·šer ’eh·yeh); and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Exodus 6:2 God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3] and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD (יְהֹוָה; Yhvh; Yahweh), I did not make Myself known to them.

Pulpit Commentary on the translation 'I AM THAT (WHO) I AM'.

Verse 14. - I AM THAT I AM. No better translation can be given of the Hebrew words. "I will be that I will be (Geddes) is more literal, but less idiomatic, since the Hebrew was the simplest possible form of the verb substantive. .... The idea expressed by the name is, as already explained, that of real, perfect, unconditioned, independent existence. I AM hath sent me to you. "I am" is an abbreviated form of "I am that I am," and is intended to express the same idea.
Approximately 99.99999% of those who offer explanations and translations of "I AM THAT I AM" only speak from human ego-mind of human judgements and human values. They don't Know the Spirit. And so they are wrong, spiritually speaking. If you want human explanations, then you're welcome to them all.

This requires explanation because the human mind has great difficulty thinking of spiritual Truth, or even grasping it when it's presented. And the difference between human understanding and spiritual Truth is day-and-night.

So here we go with elementary steps:
Think about your awareness of "I". When you say or think "I ran all the way here" you are identifying the body, which is the only thing that runs, as "I".

When you say or think "I understand that two times two is four" you are identifying the mind, which is the only thing that thinks, as "I".

Both are human and false expressions and ideas.

"I" am the sense/feeling/awareness of Self that is instantly experienced when you say or think "I". "I" am your core Being. (It would be misleading, although simpler, to have said "I" is your core Being". So the correct expression is "I am....." --not "I is...." --if accuracy and clarity is required.)

You (mind and body) cannot separate yourself from "Me". You can run as fast as you want or even ride at 22,000 MPH in a rocket and you (mind and body) will still find Me present.

With practice you (mind) can become very aware of Me (Self) sort of standing directly behind or over you as you (body) do things. This is Me, your sense of Self referred to here also as "I". "I" am with you always. You cannot escape Me. This is Self.

Do you see how the human mind wants to reject this Truth? It will scoff at it, belittle it, deny it, and reject it. That is the human nature of mind. The spiritual nature, however, understands all this and rejoices at reading it. You (mind) need to decide which you will stand with and abide with.

So this is about "I".

Now, the most spiritual thing you know of: the Bible. ....

In the Bible you (mind) have found and posted "I AM THAT AM". And mind has done what mind does with spiritual expressions. ... --it translated it into what it finds to be "safe" to human mind of ego or "false self".

But look at the expression spiritually. Put human judgements aside and get in touch with your spiritual awareness and allow it to See. You will see that the quote is saying "I AM THE TRUE I OF MY BEING" or "I AM THAT SELF THAT I AM".

IOW is is simply saying "I". "God said I AM THAT I AM" means "I am I" or simply "I".

The above "Pulpit Commentary" Mike quoted which incorrectly says "I AM THAT (WHO) I AM" begs the question "then who is He?"

And that opens the door for human ego-mind to invent all sorts of answers and debates. Don't go there!

I will stop here because the rest of the Truth in this is very strong meat and you have been fed on milk. You are not yet ready for such strong meat. When you are ready, you will need no further explanation or guidance. "I" will reveal it all to you secretly, silently within.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
We must pray to God in Jesus’
Can you quote verses for me where the Bible says we should do this?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:24 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Approximately 99.99999% of those who offer explanations and translations of "I AM THAT I AM" only speak from human ego-mind of human judgements and human values. They don't Know the Spirit. And so they are wrong, spiritually speaking. If you want human explanations, then you're welcome to them all.

This requires explanation because the human mind has great difficulty thinking of spiritual Truth, or even grasping it when it's presented. And the difference between human understanding and spiritual Truth is day-and-night.

So here we go with elementary steps:
Think about your awareness of "I". When you say or think "I ran all the way here" you are identifying the body, which is the only thing that runs, as "I".

When you say or think "I understand that two times two is four" you are identifying the mind, which is the only thing that thinks, as "I".

Both are human and false expressions and ideas.

"I" am the sense/feeling/awareness of Self that is instantly experienced when you say or think "I". "I" am your core Being. (It would be misleading, although simpler, to have said "I" is your core Being". So the correct expression is "I am....." --not "I is...." --if accuracy and clarity is required.)

You (mind and body) cannot separate yourself from "Me". You can run as fast as you want or even ride at 22,000 MPH in a rocket and you (mind and body) will still find Me present.

With practice you (mind) can become very aware of Me (Self) sort of standing directly behind or over you as you (body) do things. This is Me, your sense of Self referred to here also as "I". "I" am with you always. You cannot escape Me. This is Self.

Do you see how the human mind wants to reject this Truth? It will scoff at it, belittle it, deny it, and reject it. That is the human nature of mind. The spiritual nature, however, understands all this and rejoices at reading it. You (mind) need to decide which you will stand with and abide with.

So this is about "I".

Now, the most spiritual thing you know of: the Bible. ....

In the Bible you (mind) have found and posted "I AM THAT AM". And mind has done what mind does with spiritual expressions. ... --it translated it into what it finds to be "safe" to human mind of ego or "false self".

But look at the expression spiritually. Put human judgements aside and get in touch with your spiritual awareness and allow it to See. You will see that the quote is saying "I AM THE TRUE I OF MY BEING" or "I AM THAT SELF THAT I AM".

IOW is is simply saying "I". "God said I AM THAT I AM" means "I am I" or simply "I".

The above "Pulpit Commentary" Mike quoted which incorrectly says "I AM THAT (WHO) I AM" begs the question "then who is He?"

And that opens the door for human ego-mind to invent all sorts of answers and debates. Don't go there!

I will stop here because the rest of the Truth in this is very strong meat and you have been fed on milk. You are not yet ready for such strong meat. When you are ready, you will need no further explanation or guidance. "I" will reveal it all to you secretly, silently within.
It turns out that you're another fool who thinks you have some special spiritual awareness. This forum has its share of them.

Last edited by Michael Way; 08-25-2016 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-25-2016, 11:43 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
We do not have any manuscripts written in Hebrew with his name. The NT was written in Greek,...
...and you don't think it odd that a bunch of uneducated, peasant fishermen could read, write and understand Greek?

Old 08-25-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
It turns out that you're another fool who thinks you have some special spiritual awareness. This forum has its share of them.
The only reason any person feels and says as you do, is that they possess no spiritual insight or awareness and so are unable to recognize it when they see it. This is the difference between the religious and the spiritual. Religionists only know the intellectual, human, "fallen man" thinking and understanding of the Bible, while the spiritual See and Know.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:00 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
The only reason any person feels and says as you do, is that they possess no spiritual insight or awareness and so are unable to recognize it when they see it. This is the difference between the religious and the spiritual. Religionists only know the intellectual, human, "fallen man" thinking and understanding of the Bible, while the spiritual See and Know.
There's an amazing instrument known as the electron microscope which is the most powerful microscope on earth. It is so powerful that even individual atoms can be seen. Kode, if I were looking through that microscope right at this very moment, I still couldn't locate my interest in your opinion.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
There's an amazing instrument known as the electron microscope which is the most powerful microscope on earth. It is so powerful that even individual atoms can be seen. Kode, if I were looking through that microscope right at this very moment, I still couldn't locate my interest in your opinion.
Of course not. That would be expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity