Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 PM

591 posts, read 925,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Answer the question.
I think I answered the question sufficiently with another question that fairly determined my stance on the issue, but to clarify, no of course he doesn't. How can someone credit for repenting after they have created something that kills millions. I don't give credit to the man who created the A-Bomb, I don't give credit to all the priests that repent after raping children in the Catholic church and I wouldn't give credit to Hitler if he happened to repent before killing himself.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 04:05 AM.. Reason: Question asked/answered. You are badgering other member(s.) x10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 05:23 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,767 times
On Hitler from a Catholic article on Hitler, On Hitler and Heaven by Paul Wilson

Quote:
But we do not know and indeed cannot know for certain the eternal fate of Hitler or of any man (canonized saints excepted)........ But still, it is remotely possible that Hitler repented in that split second before a bullet cut short his life. It is remotely possible that he is in Purgatory, purging his lifetime of horrific sins in purifying flame.............. The very suggestion of this might would induce anger among some readers. How dare I suggest that a dictator who orchestrated the slaughter of millions could perhaps see the face of God! Many simply do not want a man like Hitler to be capable of repentance. Many people want Hitler to suffer for the millions he ordered executed and the havoc he caused. Many want him to fry in Hell for all eternity, in endless misery and separation from God, as a righteous punishment for his sins. Many want justice for him and those like him, the eternal, retributive justice of the vilest kind of evil being perpetually avenged.

But Christians should seek and to pray for the salvation of all, even the most vulgar and virulent, since even the worst among us is capable of radical change. St. Paul avidly persecuted Christians before his conversion. Georges Jacques Danton, one of the architects of the French Revolution, died in the bosom of the Church.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
I think I answered the question sufficiently with another question that fairly determined my stance on the issue, but to clarify, no of course he doesn't. How can someone credit for repenting after they have created something that kills millions. I don't give credit to the man who created the A-Bomb, I don't give credit to all the priests that repent after raping children in the Catholic church and I wouldn't give credit to Hitler if he happened to repent before killing himself.

However, would YOU forgive Hitler?
Forgiveness is an acknowledgement of a wrongful act, which recognizes the truth of the matter.
It does not transfer blame to the victim; but releases them from the bondage of the perpetrator.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Again, would YOU PERSONALLY forgive Hitler?

Please, stop spouting rubbish, and just answer the question. I would like to know if you are a Christian in that you would have to forgive Hitler for killing millions, and i'd like you to say it. Or, you aren't very Christian, but you gain some moral respect from others for also not accepting or forgiving a man who did what he did.

I wait for you to not answer a simple YES or NO question. If you find it difficult to type 2 or 3 letters you can always quote me and highlight the answer you'd like.
If, your question is being addressed to me?

The answer, would be yes, as animosity or hatred serve no purpose?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
sorry for his remorse. he created a weapon that has prevented the greatest military power in history from conquering the mideast for 12 years.
i know pilots that bombed germany who had enormous remorse. bombing germany was critical for the destruction of the 3rd reich.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If, your question is being addressed to me?

The answer, would be yes, as animosity or hatred serve no purpose?
Who else was it addressed too?!

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: Rude comments within posts are deleted. x11

Old 01-14-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
No, this is why God is so great. He's merciful.
Was 'he' merciful to the millions of Jews that were gassed? Is he merciful to those starving and dying on AIDS in Africa. I could go on.

You are one of the problems with religion. You think it's okay to accept the man behind the holocaust because he may have repented.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: Rude comments within posts are deleted. x12

Old 01-14-2014, 06:15 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:

However, would YOU forgive Hitler?
I think you do not understand repentance. You assume it's just words, a last minute ticket into Heaven. True repentance is a heartfelt sorrow for one's hurtful actions or deeds. You don't give credit for a change of heart?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is already too much hate and resentment in this world without you adding to it!
Apologies, I should embrace Hitler and love him, for he is one of God's children. He executed millions, and tortured hundreds of thousands more. Yet, we shouldn't hate him.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: Rude comments within posts are deleted. x13

Old 01-14-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I think you do not understand repentance. You assume it's just words, a last minute ticket into Heaven. True repentance is a heartfelt sorrow for one's hurtful actions or deeds. You don't give credit for a change of heart?
No repent is not as thorough as you think.

Resent (Verb) - feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.

Not really heartfelt is it?!

I give credit to a change of heart if it some small, trivial. I do not give credit to someone who executes millions or creates a weapon to murder millions.

Do you not see the point? To accept Hitler is insane in itself. To forgive him is simply disgusting and a insult to the Jews, gays and others who where killed by his party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity