Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 02:31 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
But in another post you said:

You stated there was no biblical basis for the Eucharist. You say the Eucharist is man made. Do you still believe there is no biblical basis for the Eucharist?
"The Lords supper is totally biblical and in fact is commanded by Jesus to be practised. What I said had no biblical basis is the superstitions created by the RC church around this "Communion".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 02:43 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
"The Lords supper is totally biblical and in fact is commanded by Jesus to be practised. What I said had no biblical basis is the superstitions created by the RC church around this "Communion".
Superstition?

Are you talking about the presence of Jesus?

You do not believe in the presence of Jesus?

Btw, all religions are based on some sort of superstition. That is why it is called religion.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:00 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
No, I'm talking about the idea that the elements ACTUALLY become the Body and the blood of Jesus in the real physical sense of the word "real".

Old 01-19-2014, 05:05 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
No, I'm talking about the idea that the elements ACTUALLY become the Body and the blood of Jesus in the real physical sense of the word "real".
I am with you. There is no flesh in there and I have taken communion for years. If Jesus is present then it must be in some other form or none at all.

Do you feel Jesus is present or not?

Jesus may have been allegoric when he encouraged people to eat his flesh and drink his blood, but he said it. This is more than remembering Jesus.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:21 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
I am with you. There is no flesh in there and I have taken communion for years. If Jesus is present then it must be in some other form or none at all.
Do you feel Jesus is present or not?
Jesus may have been allegoric when he encouraged people to eat his flesh and drink his blood, but he said it. This is more than remembering Jesus.
When you bring Christ into your mind . . . He is present within you. The ritual simply serves as a tool to invoke Christ within. It really is about remembrance because that is how He we resonate with Him and give Him access to our Spirit in "love of God and each other."

Old 01-19-2014, 09:08 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Of course it's more than remembering Him. It's taking His Name upon ourselves and recommiting to follow Him. It's acknowledging that without Him we could never return to the presence of God forgiven of our sins. It's renewing our focus on Him and on what He has made possible for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity