Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 10:01 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
IF anyone needs to be concerned about not being Christian, it would be you Alan. LOVE is the primary characteristic and you display very little if any toward those who disagree with your views. The ONLY judge of who is and who is not Christian . . . is Christ . . . not YOU or anyone else on earth. Take care for your own soul, Alan . . . I am quite satisfied with mine in love of Christ.
Kind of personal there dont you think?

Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM

241 posts, read 379,213 times
Quote:
Notice how you just added in that part . . . "the bible is God's Word" . . . I find that NOWHERE in John. The only reference to God's Word that is made accessible accessible to man is John 1:14....... where God's Word is made flesh for us to see and learn from.

Then because of the dismal failure of the OT God decides to "write in our hearts" and subsequently to baptize Jesus with the Holy Spirit . . . ie. have Him become Spirit after His death and rebirth (resurrection)) and then send His Holy Spirit to us as the comforter and guide to what is "written in our hearts." In NONE of these promises is the bible or scripture even mentioned . . . let alone proclaimed as anything but "useful" for learning about Jesus, why He represents the TRUE NATURE of God (removing the veil of ignorance that clouded the use of the OT) . . . and to give us HOPE . . . (NOT infallible words of God) . . . THAT is the job of Jesus and the Holy Spirit within us.You are defending what ancient primitive men thought about the role of women in society and in things spiritual . . . not very wise, IMO.
Are you saying that the role of women back then does not apply to us today? That it was just for a certain time just like the OT?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 PM

3 posts, read 3,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Were you baptized in or by the Church of Christ? This is very important...
Actually this does not matter at all because baptism just means that you have taken notice that Jesus is the son of God and that you believe he died for you sins and that all your sins were taken by Him dying on the cross.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:19 PM

3 posts, read 3,352 times
I don't agree with anyone on this website so far...read your bible more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 04:37 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsally12 View Post
Actually this does not matter at all because baptism just means that you have taken notice that Jesus is the son of God and that you believe he died for you sins and that all your sins were taken by Him dying on the cross.
I am no longer a member of this organization..I believe that baptism is an outward expression of an inward belief in God.I do not believe that you have to be baptized in order to "be saved"..
I hold nothing against this organization anymore since I have developed a personal relationship with Him through the Holy spirit and He has given me peace, understanding and love ..

Old 09-27-2009, 08:51 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher c. sr. View Post
Are you saying that the role of women back then does not apply to us today? That it was just for a certain time just like the OT?
If you have to ask the question . . . you probably won't understand the answer. OF course the role of women has changed . . . they are no longer chattel or dependent upon men. They can own property instead of being property. Do I need to continue?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
If you have to ask the question . . . you probably won't understand the answer. OF course the role of women has changed . . . they are no longer chattel or dependent upon men. They can own property instead of being property. Do I need to continue?
Try me. What do you mean property? Women have never been property of men. God created the woman as a help meet (Gen. 2:18). Nowhere in the NT will you see a woman who preached the gospel of Christ, but you will see that they can be teachers (Titus 2:3-5). As I have said before, men and women are both equal in the sight of God, but the fact is is that God put them both in different roles. Even the children have a role to play in the family (Eph. 6:1-3). And if the role of women has changed, who changed it? Man or God?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher c. sr. View Post
Try me. What do you mean property? Women have never been property of men. God created the woman as a help meet (Gen. 2:18). Nowhere in the NT will you see a woman who preached the gospel of Christ, but you will see that they can be teachers (Titus 2:3-5). As I have said before, men and women are both equal in the sight of God, but the fact is is that God put them both in different roles. Even the children have a role to play in the family (Eph. 6:1-3). And if the role of women has changed, who changed it? Man or God?
Ignorant primitive men from an ancient culture and time created the different roles in the first instance . . . not God. To try to maintain such primitive 1st century social roles in a modern educated and enlightened society . . . as if they were commanded by God . . . is simply absurd.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am no longer a member of this organization..I believe that baptism is an outward expression of an inward belief in God.I do not believe that you have to be baptized in order to "be saved"..
I hold nothing against this organization anymore since I have developed a personal relationship with Him through the Holy spirit and He has given me peace, understanding and love ..
The church of Christ is not an organization, it is an organism because it consist of members who are the people (1 Cor. 12:12), but this organism has organization. Yes, you do have to be baptized to be saved because it is a commandment of God. It shows an act of OBEDIENCE and we have to obey to be saved (Heb. 5:8-9), but it does NOT save by itself. There is a combination of things that must take place. If God says to do something, don't argue about it, don't question it, just do it. How can you go wrong when you obey God?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Ignorant primitive men from an ancient culture and time created the different roles in the first instance . . . not God. To try to maintain such primitive 1st century social roles in a modern educated and enlightened society . . . as if they were commanded by God . . . is simply absurd.
You are right about one thing, they were unlearned and ignorant men, but only before they met Jesus. These same men were given the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21) so that whatever they said, it was not their own words or ways. They couldn't say what they wanted to say. I agree that it has been changed, but not by the apostles but by the men today who are weak and don't want to step up and lead as God himself has given them that role and authority to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity