U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,074,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I wonder if it's lonely at the top

Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 AM

348 posts, read 432,223 times
Default Denominationalism saves no one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Amen and Amen, Hiram! BTW, do you attend a "church?" I have not attended for some time now--since being told I was welcomed but not my preterist views!

Preterist
No Preterist I do not attend a church. Church does not save man, only the blood of Christ. I think you yourself are understanding this. Division is against Gods teachings. Matthew 12:25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.

That is the uniqueness about Christ, His foundation is spirit, and Satan's world is a physical worldly, materialistic one. That is why so many have to see Christ come and rule over them in a physical form.

In the "Church of Christ" for example, if you go to one of their websites, they will have a picture of their building, or church on it. This is what their worship centralizes around. I remember when I was rebuking one of the preachers on "harry potter" and other occult issues within the "church", as he informed me as it was only "just harmless fun". This was a man who was sent to Lithuania for some years. His kid kept bringing to church Harry Potter, Pokemon, Dungeons and Dragons, etc and such to the Sunday School class I was instructing. I remember looking up the web site of the "church" that sponsored him to go and live in Lithuania and preach. It was a congregation of 3500. There was not one mention of scripture at all on their web site. There was a photo of a jolly type fellow standing behind a barbecue, and it was posted there that they were having a barbecue that Sunday, and also for the kids to bring a pumpkin to carve, as it was halloween. I have studied the occult into much depth, and what is happening runs deeper then you can ever imagine. Just look up in your paper at the movies posted. Many are centered around the occult. It is for a reason.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

The spirit of "Harry Potter" is a seducing spirit. I saw a documentary from a second degree witch, and the Harry Potter books are just that "witch craft". A second degree witch is something like an 89 degree mason. He said that there were things in the books and movies that even he did not understand, so they were meticulously produced, by someone who had a lot of experince in the "occult". Much higher up then him. By the way, in the "higher" degrees of Freemasonry, child sacrifice is standard. So think of it as just a low degree, when you start to expose your child to Harry Potter. There is a lot said in scripture about avoiding this practice! This is all done incrementally. In stealth. It does seem like harmless fun to the spiritually blind.

This is one of the reasons the Old Testament was imperfect. Because the Jews who wished to follow God, had to put up with the evil structure that had developed among their community. As you know Josephus describes how evil the Jews were, as well as others such as Titus, Roman general, who describes them as being even more evil then the nations around them and he made note that they were supposed to be God's people.
It must have been quite a hardship for the Jews wishing to follow God, being forced to live in this environment. Being connected to the evil that was reining among them.
Well, since the arrival of the spiritual kingdom that Christ brought in, in 70 AD, we have a choice and do not have to be part of this physical abomination, which exists today in the world. I don't have to be connected to the Church of Christ, and their abominations. Because the Lord said:

Revelation 22:15 But outside [are] dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

That again is the uniqueness of the spiritual kingdom.

Please watch all seven segments to this video. It might be slow at first, but becomes very interesting.

YouTube - Former FBI Ted Gunderson: CIA and Satanic Ritual Abuse 1/7

The children I was teaching at the Bible class at "church of Christ" should have been instructed by their parents, not me. Many of them wanted to follow the right path, as children are innocent. They didn't want to watch "big brother" with their parents, they didn't want to attend the Catholic school, which their parents forced them, they didn't want to participate in halloween, they didn't want their parents keeping them up all night as they tried to sleep and their parent watched TV. Divorce is as prevelant in Church of Christ as is in the world. Nothing is said to divorcees within the organization. Just a big smile for them on Sunday morning, before "services". Besides, their good "teachers" and contributers of monetary support to the hierarchy.
You can't say anything to the girl dressed like a harlot, as she might "sue" the "Church of Christ". When "your" Church of Christ" is sued, you as a member are held liable because you are a part of this corporation, and may have to sell the farm to pay the court.

In Gods spiritual kingdom, where is it, who do you sue, where do you find it? It has been a mystery for many, and actually very few do find it. It is obscured for a purpose from those without the circumcised heart to be able to see it. That is why Christ wrote in parables, His word was only meant for a certain heart.

I read in scripture somewhere that when you give to not publicize it. I would just give cash when the plate was passed around. Every time. I'm sorry about it now, but that is besides the point I want to make. Because I wasn't putting the money in the little envelope that the "Church of Christ" was providing, (with my special number on it) for me as a record for the them and the government, they sent me a letter that my salvation was in jeprody.

Matthew 7:13 " Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad [is] the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

Arguments over conservative, liberal; church kitchens, non kitchens, change agents, wearing the proper dress, as you "serve" upfront. Deacons in charge of lighting, sound, church building. Entertainment. Bring in as many (leaven) as possible. That is why you see your COC forever evolving. You will need another reformation.

A kitchen is just that. I have one here in my house. I eat from it.

Last edited by Hiram; 07-14-2008 at 11:57 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 AM

Default Charity

Matthew 6:1-7 "Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. "Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 "But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, "that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly. " And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who [is] in the secret [place;] and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen [do.] For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

That was the scripture I was looking for in my upper post and as I was staring in a daze at my open bible, there it was. Anyway, the Church of Christ records your money that you give, before sending that information away to the government. I wonder who was the church secretary in the first century? Oh, I guess it was Judas Iscariot.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM

537 posts, read 1,083,702 times
Hiram, I understand where you are coming from and agree. I have yet to find anyone to fellowship with, who do you? I have been looking into the COC because from what I have witnessed they follow God's word, which I don't see in other "christian" circles.
I could'nt agree with you more about Billy Graham. He is a false prophet!

Blue, according to God's word your husband is your head. Same as the Father is head of the Son.
Read "Created To Be His Help Meet"

Old 07-16-2008, 04:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 19,932,830 times
[quote=OnOurWay2MO;4483739
Blue, according to God's word your husband is your head. Same as the Father is head of the Son.
[/quote]

I sincerely and humbly thank you for your concern, but I and my h are equal partners in this marriage (finally) ..When I need spiritual guidance, I go to Christ through the Holy Spirit..After many, many years of trusting legalism and the men who made the rules, I was not growing in my faith, until I asked Him to remove all the traditions and rules of manmade religion from me, and be my guide, and comfort as Jesus promised before He sent the Holy Spirit...At the moment I am being led to seek out a home based meeting of the church..If I find one, I will not be attending with my H who is a lifetime member of the cofc and feels he is in the right church...

Old 07-16-2008, 05:52 PM

Could you please provide scripture for husband and wife being co-equals in the marriage relationship?

There is no legalism in obeying God. I used to believe as you do now and had a miserable marriage now it is blessed by God.

Eph 5:22¶Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in EVERY THING.

1Cr 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

1Cr 11:9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

I will buy you the book, that is what a blessing it has been to many women and myself who did'nt quite know how to apply the verses above in every day life.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM

13,285 posts, read 19,932,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
Could you please provide scripture for husband and wife being co-equals in the marriage relationship

I will buy you the book, that is what a blessing it has been to many women and myself who did'nt quite know how to apply the verses above in every day life.
I have no desire to get into a scripture battle here..I was in the cofc for over 40 years..all my history with them is in this thread and the other threads about women being in submission..One little bit of history that has not been told yet is that my h had an affair with a married woman several years ago, devastated our family , divorced me and left me destitute with a daughter who had cancer..Long story short now ..After a year his girlfrienbd told him she decided to stay married My xh comes to me for sympathy My children hate him at this point, because he left me with absolutely nothing..His support amounted to $200 a week..I was desperate to rebuild the family and take the hatred from my children over their father..I was worried for his eternal soul for his sins so I forgive him and we remarry After a few months , one of the elders along with our preacher in the cofc asked ME if I was going to rededicate my life to God When we remarried I told him that I would never, never allow him, his church or any other human come between me and God again, and destroy the relationship that I had developed with Him in the year gone by..He attends 3 times a week, his brothers and sisters there mostoly shun me, but I pray for them..There are plenty more reasons I left the church..My h goes to service faithfully 4 times a weekRight now I think I will just thank God that my family is strong, loving and have forgiven their dad..And I thank God every day that my h now respects and understands that I have found my place in Gods will for me..

Thank you for offering to purchase a book for me, but before my H;s girlfriend ditched him, my xfil put me in his will for half of my xh's inheritance in certain mineral rights, so I can afford to buy my own books now....God is great, indeed

Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 PM

No battle, just truth. Well you can buy me a few then LOL

Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 PM

Well while I am here I have some questions for those that do go to the COC.
Is there a version of the Bible that all adhere to or does everyone use whatever they see fit?

I think I read somewhere that ya all don't celebrate certain holidays (I may be wrong), if so, which ones?

What do ya all believe about the sabbath?

Do the women wear skirts/dresses, headcoverings?

Is there usually childrens church/sunday school, or are the children welcome in the services.

I could'nt seem to find answers to any of these things searching the internet, thank you for your time!

Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 AM

Default sabbath

Quote:
Hiram, I understand where you are coming from and agree. I have yet to find anyone to fellowship with, who do you? I have been looking into the COC because from what I have witnessed they follow God's word, which I don't see in other "christian" circles.
I could'nt agree with you more about Billy Graham. He is a false prophet!

Read "Created To Be His Help Meet"
Quote:
Well while I am here I have some questions for those that do go to the COC.
Is there a version of the Bible that all adhere to or does everyone use whatever they see fit?

I think I read somewhere that ya all don't celebrate certain holidays (I may be wrong), if so, which ones?

What do ya all believe about the sabbath?

Do the women wear skirts/dresses, headcoverings?

Is there usually childrens church/sunday school, or are the children welcome in the services.

I could'nt seem to find answers to any of these things searching the internet, thank you for your time!
The COC I attended recommended the NIV. I others used whatever thought fit at the time. NIV was used mainly because I think it was more understandable for some.

I fellowship with my two children. Christs' kingdom is spiritual and I don't go anywhere to be with Him. COC is made up of about 20 different sects, all peculiar to one another. In Calgary Alberta for example, there are four of them, all different, bearing the same nome though, originating from the Campbell movement. Claim to be undenominational. Some members know there way around the bible and are sharp at quoting scripture. They have Sunday school, which they refer to as bible class. I think they prefer the children attend the class rather then service.
Some woman dress nicely, some like a harlot. Some wear a head covering, some do not. Probably a lot might have to do in which one you attend.

Most will perform lip service that Christ was not born on Dec. 25, but they will still have a tree and presents and Santa and decorations, and will tell their neighbor that Christmas does not exist. Most like to celebrate halloween. Some "churches" could be different. There not all the same.

I'm guessing you observe the Sabbath? Church of Christ does not.

LUKE 23:52-56 This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on. And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid." And they returned, and prepared spices, and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment."

LUKE 24:1 "NOW upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them."

NOTE:
The women prepared the spices and ointments on Friday or "preparation" day (verse 54) "and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment."
Christ's close friends were very careful about the Sabbath even at His death. Surely this reflects the attitude of Christ that they had observed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity