Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 08:35 PM

712 posts, read 2,141,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans12 View Post
What is meant by the word spirit in "The holy spirit"? Is it something of it's own, or is spirit used in the same way as somewhere in the bible?
The holy spirit is a energy.. a framework.. the Christian version of it is just misunderstood..

Yah, sorry.. I work with the holy spirit.. but I don't know how to explain it to you.. its honestly like asking Einstein to explain "the theory of relativity" all you'd say afterword is huh..?

What I would suggest is not bother about it.. it don't matter what it is

Quote:
I repeat my question: Is it meant with spirit in "The holy spirit", un-corporal being\personality?
Yah, kinda.. a energy.. a framework.. a programming..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 PM

712 posts, read 2,141,121 times
hmm.. I think this has too many bible passages in it

But this isn't bad..? maybe it'll help..?

The Holy Spirit and You

Also here is a quote from our school about the holy spirit.. who again "we work with" but I don't think that will explain it..

Quote:
A long, long time ago the Creator wished to know itself more fully. So Creator reached into itself and created many new aspects of Itself. Aspects that you know as the Holy Spirit, the I AM Presence, the Christed Light and much, much more.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:33 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times
Quote:
What is meant by the word spirit in "The holy spirit"? Is it something of it's own, or is spirit used in the same way as somewhere in the bible?

Just answering the OP here, and not examining all of the replies. Holy Spirit is an Epithet of the ONLY TRUE GOD, the ETERNAL SPIRIT. Holy indicate his character, or behavior, and Spirit indicate his NATURE. for he is a Holy God. "be ye holy for I AM Holy", saith the Lord. and he is a Spirit, John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth".

and if you, the (spirit), is in him, and he in you, then a son. hence the G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter, or character, or the characteristics of him, (God), see,G5207, huios. “Son”, because "Son" indicate like God because you're born of HIM and have his characteristics, and his behavior, meaning, (we should act a certain way, "holy"). because, before, we were alienated from God, walked in the flesh, or the carnal, no knowledge of him. Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts".

May God bless.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:53 AM

318 posts, read 261,186 times
I couldn't find spirit meaning breath\wind in the dictionary, so it must come from an old, or other dictionary then?

Old 02-22-2014, 09:04 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,040,279 times
Hebrew Lexicon :: H7307 (KJV)

Old 02-22-2014, 10:28 AM

318 posts, read 261,186 times
granpa: I mean I can't find the word spirit meaning breath\wind in the English dictionary.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM

44 posts, read 34,623 times
I can't find spirit meaning breath/wind in the English dictionary either. Why is ruach translated to spirit? Anyone?

Old 04-02-2014, 11:14 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LailaWithTheBaloon View Post
I can't find spirit meaning breath/wind in the English dictionary either. Why is ruach translated to spirit? Anyone?

Correct, John 3:8 "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit". here Wind, and Spirt is G4151 πνεῦμα pneuma (pnyoo`-mah). 1. a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze. 2. (by analogy or figuratively) a spirit. 3. (humanly) the rational soul

Old 04-02-2014, 12:01 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,832,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LailaWithTheBaloon View Post
If you checked the verses immediately prior, John was contrasting "born of flesh" and "born of the 'wind.'" Giving it just a little bit of thought you should be able to see that either "wind" is metaphor for "spirit" or spirit is an alternate meaning of the Greek word commonly translated "wind." Very few people could claim to be born of moving air.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:03 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If you checked the verses immediately prior, John was contrasting "born of flesh" and "born of the 'wind.'" Giving it just a little bit of thought you should be able to see that either "wind" is metaphor for "spirit" or spirit is an alternate meaning of the Greek word commonly translated "wind." Very few people could claim to be born of moving air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity