Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 02:08 PM

758 posts, read 847,181 times

Advertisements

Mr. Nye the science guy doesn't believe anything Jesus Christ had to say.

He is more in line with Dr. Francis Crick's theory of Directed Panspermia: replicator dna were loaded aboard space ships in some other galaxy or universe and one of them just happened to find earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 03:05 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Science confirms .. St. Peter !!

Located within Vatican City, St. Peter’s Basilica stands where a church in some form has stood for over 1,500 years. Below is the tomb of St. Peter -- one of the original apostles who walked with Jesus. This is not legend. It is history. Even secular historians agree that a man named Peter walked with Jesus of Nazareth. An archeological dig completed just 60 years ago confirmed that a man who lived in the first century AD and died at 60-70 years of age is entombed there. His clothing confirms he was a Bishop -- and therefore first in the line of papal succession.
Peter. If it is not Peter, it is a coincidence beyond comprehension.
Until this dig, everyone assumed the Tomb of St. Peter (which we are visiting tomorrow) was merely a symbolic place. Modern archaeology proved otherwise. During the tour, this was a common refrain from our guide: that modern science has turned what had been written off as Biblical legend into fact. Think about that … think about the fact that science is proving, not disproving, my Catholic and Christian faith. This is happening in the Middle East, as well.
I may live long enough to inform Bill Maher that his evangelical atheism is anti-science.
This is just plain bad logic.

Peter wouldn't be the first nor the last historical person written into a fictitious story. Elvis was written into the story of Forrest Gump - should I now believe that Forrest Gump was a real person because Elvis was real?

Besides, Biblical archaeologists have admitted on numerous occasions that they'll never be able to dig up proof or confirmation of faith. That's why it is called ... um ... faith. There isn't supposed to be physical confirmation of faith. Plus, archaeologists are not going to dig up a puddle of water with Jesus's footprints on it to prove Jesus walked on water. Nor will archaeology ever dig up Mary's intact hyman or the forbidden fruit with a bite taken out of it.

The most - the very most - anyone can do with the evidence being found by archaeologists is extrapolate, not confirm.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
This is just plain bad logic.

Peter wouldn't be the first nor the last historical person written into a fictitious story. Elvis was written into the story of Forrest Gump - should I now believe that Forrest Gump was a real person because Elvis was real?

Besides, Biblical archaeologists have admitted on numerous occasions that they'll never be able to dig up proof or confirmation of faith. That's why it is called ... um ... faith. There isn't supposed to be physical confirmation of faith. Plus, archaeologists are not going to dig up a puddle of water with Jesus's footprints on it to prove Jesus walked on water. Nor will archaeology ever dig up Mary's intact hyman or the forbidden fruit with a bite taken out of it.

The most - the very most - anyone can do with the evidence being found by archaeologists is extrapolate, not confirm.
I like those words you wrote! Thank you !

It reminds me of the words God spoke in Deuteronomy chapter 4.

I will prove who I am- I will do something no other god could ever do - This is how you will Know that I am God and there is no other.

Again God says in Malachi chapter two - Test Me! Prove me wrong... (wow)

Dr. Lennart Moller has discovered and photographed hundreds of confirmations about the Exodus!

The photographs are all posted on line: The Exodus Case (is currently in its 5th printing). More than 700 photographs.

Any archaeologist will tell you quite plainly. All they need to prove life existed in a certain area of a huge desert is just a piece from any cup!

What are chariot wheels doing at the bottom of the Red Sea; with human bones and horses bones?

You can deny it all you want; But it is proven fact.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
I like those words you wrote! Thank you !

It reminds me of the words God spoke in Deuteronomy chapter 4.

I will prove who I am- I will do something no other god could ever do - This is how you will Know that I am God and there is no other.

Again God says in Malachi chapter two - Test Me! Prove me wrong... (wow)

Dr. Lennart Moller has discovered and photographed hundreds of confirmations about the Exodus!

The photographs are all posted on line: The Exodus Case (is currently in its 5th printing). More than 700 photographs.

Any archaeologist will tell you quite plainly. All they need to prove life existed in a certain area of a huge desert is just a piece from any cup!

What are chariot wheels doing at the bottom of the Red Sea; with human bones and horses bones?

You can deny it all you want; But it is proven fact.
You are only believing what you want to believe. The pictures you speak of could have been taken anywhere, but definitely not by Dr. Moller. I asked you in the R&S forum, if we could prove Dr. Moller wrong, would you then stop believing what the Bible says and your faith? Of course, you failed to answer my question. Then, you come over here hoping to ensure that you won't be challenged. Sorry about that.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You are only believing what you want to believe. The pictures you speak of could have been taken anywhere, but definitely not by Dr. Moller. I asked you in the R&S forum, if we could prove Dr. Moller wrong, would you then stop believing what the Bible says and your faith? Of course, you failed to answer my question. Then, you come over here hoping to ensure that you won't be challenged. Sorry about that.
Well I surely apologize for not seeing your post over on the other forum. That is an oversight on my part. I am engaged in over 60 different forums. Sorry I missed your post!

See;Its like this- people are not capable of telling the truth any longer. They publish books that are not true; They say things that are not true.

That is called Lying & deception. "dreams of my father" is an excellent work of fiction.

No I cannot prove George Washington ever existed

I can't even prove Julius Ceasar was a real person

Napollean falls into the same category.

The internet has made everyone into a genius- full of knowledge, truth & misinformation.

It doesn't matter whose name you type into a search engine: They didn't exist!

The Beatles didn't exist! I actually got hits on that one!! & right beside it are the words Barrack Obama doesn't exist.

So you have made a very valid point. Thank You so much!!

I will now throw out all books; there is no way to prove anything in this world.

Albert Einstein didn't exist? Oops.. Einstein proves God Exists and humiliates his professor!!.. ..
named Albert Einstein humiliates his atheist professor by proving that God exists. ... After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.

I guess that must be pure fiction! So many people claim Albert didn't believe in any god.

2nd link from the top of the page.

I guess what you are stating as fact is the publisher of 5 printings of this book cannot be trusted.

I do know one thing for certain- YOU DO NOT EXIST!

Dr. Moller lists on page 448 - 20 different people he gives credit for creating the images in this book. Also included in that list are himself and his wife!

I would copy these lists for you - but I am sure that is wrong and cannot be trusted !

Funny - He gives everyone credit but you insist he is lying! Thanks for your profound wisdom with no proof!

FOOTNOTE: Dr. Moller created 90% of the images in this book!!

Last edited by Atkutuq; 02-13-2014 at 04:17 PM..

Old 02-13-2014, 05:00 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Well I surely apologize for not seeing your post over on the other forum. That is an oversight on my part. I am engaged in over 60 different forums. Sorry I missed your post!

See;Its like this- people are not capable of telling the truth any longer. They publish books that are not true; They say things that are not true.

That is called Lying & deception. "dreams of my father" is an excellent work of fiction.

No I cannot prove George Washington ever existed

I can't even prove Julius Ceasar was a real person

Napollean falls into the same category.

The internet has made everyone into a genius- full of knowledge, truth & misinformation.

It doesn't matter whose name you type into a search engine: They didn't exist!

The Beatles didn't exist! I actually got hits on that one!! & right beside it are the words Barrack Obama doesn't exist.

So you have made a very valid point. Thank You so much!!

I will now throw out all books; there is no way to prove anything in this world.

Albert Einstein didn't exist? Oops.. Einstein proves God Exists and humiliates his professor!!.. ..
named Albert Einstein humiliates his atheist professor by proving that God exists. ... After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.

I guess that must be pure fiction! So many people claim Albert didn't believe in any god.

I guess what you are stating as fact is the publisher of 5 printings of this book cannot be trusted.

I do know one thing for certain- YOU DO NOT EXIST!

Dr. Moller lists on page 448 - 20 different people he gives credit for creating the images in this book. Also included in that list are himself and his wife!

I would copy these lists for you - but I am sure that is wrong and cannot be trusted !

Funny - He gives everyone credit but you insist he is lying! Thanks for your profound wisdom with no proof!

FOOTNOTE: Dr. Moller created 90% of the images in this book!!
I'm sorry if I was unclear. I was speaking specifically about the photos of the chariot wheel that was supposedly found at the bottom of the Red Sea. These are claimed to have be taken by Ron Wyatt in 1978 and have been found to be suspect since the spokes are so clear after being at the bottom of a body of water for over 5000 years. Though most of the wheel is covered by coral, some supporters claim that coral cannot grow on gold, making the gold on the spokes free of coral and so clear. However, this is not the case, coral being an animal can and would grow on gold as well. Also, one would expect the wheels to be completely covered by several inches, if not feet, of silt or dirt after such a long period of time under water. With this being the case, if Dr. Moller would provide these as evidence, one would be concerned about his entire claim, especially when it conflicts with the lack of documentation in Egyptian history that the Israelites were their slaves.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:21 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
.......Albert Einstein didn't exist? Oops.. Einstein proves God Exists and humiliates his professor!!.. ..

The link demonstrates that story to be an urban legend. Einstein Proves God Exists - Urban Legends

Old 02-14-2014, 06:10 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Umm, why would they accept their findings that totally disprove the current scientific community?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
They would, if they were undeniably reliable. They would have to accept them - after verifying them and making quite sure the results were correct.
No they wouldn't accept them.

Quote:
I know the way Creationism works is by clinging to 'results' that support their beliefs, even if they are not correct, and you of course suppose that science works the same way. It doesn't and hasn't for a long while, which is why creationists can claim 'It is always changing its mind/getting things wrong.'
Not really. Creationism works by doing valid, in the field, research which proves a world-wide flood and thoroughly debunks the evolution religion.

Quote:
What is going on is that RATE has produced some results or interpretations of results that admit of a lot of query and question. creationists (or some of them) dismiss that, because any 'science' sound, unsound or misrepresented, becomes Holy Writ, if it can be used to prop up a belief in Genesis as literal fact.
You need to actually PROVE the intent of the scientists who believe in Creationism. Do you have any text messages where they tell each other "Hey, I don't care if this doesn't match up with our paradigm, let's just fake the results"? Or maybe wire-tapped phone calls revealing a conspiracy on their part to defraud the world into believing God created it all? Really AREQUIPA? You just love to make unproven statements, don't you?

Quote:
You won't accept that of course, old mate, but just to explain to the more reasonable believers here what is the thinking behind all this.
you may think that you have found a wonderful apologetics ploy to use on unwelcome evidence
Great, it simply confirms what we suggest creationists do all along.
See what I mean, folks? Just another internet poster (AREQUIPA) who can't back up his statements.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:01 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
An apocryphal story known to be false? That is your evidence? Are you serious? You are not partnered with Dennis Markuze in some way are you?

Old 02-17-2014, 11:58 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
» Fact Check: Did Bill Nye Tell A Huge Lie About The Fossil Layers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity