Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: warning

There have been many deletes and edits in this thread. I am going to leave it open but be warned that the next personal attack or name callling post will be infracted.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-12-2014 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I agree....I too have experiened the tongues phenomenon and have been slayed in the spirit...Rather pushed to the floor but my hyped up mined along with guidence of the pastors wife felt it the way they wanted me to followed bycrying, similar to the experiences of the local Corinthian oracle interpreters of tongues spoken by the possessed oracle contemporay to the church in Corinth...When I discovered this years later as my knowledge grew, I had to questioned the source of that experience seriously, especially since I see nothing in the Scriptures or the Letters of anyone slayed being slayed in the spirit...And as far as speaking in NEW tongues, that world be NEW to the person experiencing the phenomenon, not NEW to the world, such as Angelic tongues...
There is something in the Scriptures. Twice mentioned.

1KINGS 8:11 "So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the Glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD."

2CHRON 5:14 "So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the Glory of the LORD had filled the house of God."

A rare phenomena yet it happened with no being pushed to the floor by someone else.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-16-2014 at 03:42 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for mod cuts within posts. Using any other color is fine. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2014, 11:48 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post

1KINGS 8:11 "So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the Glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD."

2CHRON 5:14 "So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the Glory of the LORD had filled the house of God."

A rare phenomena yet it happened with no being pushed to the floor by someone else.
Could not stand, or could not bear?...

Last edited by june 7th; 02-16-2014 at 03:43 AM..

Old 02-13-2014, 01:21 AM

439 posts, read 426,602 times
Quote:
Could not stand, or could not bear?...
Depends on which version you're reading...

1 Kings 8:11 - could not stand

2 Chron 5:14- could not stand

Last edited by june 7th; 02-16-2014 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for mod cuts within posts. Using any other color is fine. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown0830 View Post
Depends on which version you're reading...

1 Kings 8:11 [i]- could not stand

2 Chron 5:14- could not stand
I have had the privilege to experience exactly what it means so that I can testify to the truth but only when needed, of what that Scripture means.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-16-2014 at 03:45 AM..

Old 02-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,890 times
Quote:

Acts 9:4 "And he fell to the earth" because Paul had a visitation of the Lord.
In Acts they were speaking in tongues as a gift, the hearers could understand their own language. In Cornelius house it was seen as an evidence that they received the Holy Spirit. Diversity of tongues can be both a gift and evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit. But they thought, that in Acts they were drunk, obviously they had a problem to stand on their feet.
Rev 1:17 John fell at his feet as dead.
I have experienced this phenomena myself and asked the LORD for revelation. It is of the LORD. That it can be manipulated does not make it untrue. In the beginning we were all falling without catcher. One time I fell without "prayer" into a feather bed, filled with great joy. One big brother fell always on his face, so quick he had no chance, usually without laying on of hands. One time I was already on the floor, he fell so close to me that he touched me and it was a little earthquake, I think he had about 100 pounds. Later in another church I myself ministered to the people. We were advised not to lay on hands directly, but always to keep some distance, so people could not say, they were pushed. But they fell anyway. For me and my wife we got revived,

Last edited by june 7th; 02-16-2014 at 03:46 AM..

Old 02-13-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
I have had the privilege to experience exactly what it means so that I can testify to the truth but only when needed, of what that Scripture means.

Well, my experience if of G-d, would have the whole congregation falling out because His presence would have filled the sanctuary...

Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Acts 9:4 "And he fell to the earth" because Paul had a visitation of the Lord.
In Acts they were speaking in tongues as a gift, the hearers could understand their own language. In Cornelius house it was seen as an evidence that they received the Holy Spirit. Diversity of tongues can be both a gift and evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit. But they thought, that in Acts they were drunk, obviously they had a problem to stand on their feet.
Rev 1:17 John fell at his feet as dead.
I have experienced this phenomena myself and asked the LORD for revelation. It is of the LORD. That it can be manipulated does not make it untrue. In the beginning we were all falling without catcher. One time I fell without "prayer" into a feather bed, filled with great joy. One big brother fell always on his face, so quick he had no chance, usually without laying on of hands. One time I was already on the floor, he fell so close to me that he touched me and it was a little earthquake, I think he had about 100 pounds. Later in another church I myself ministered to the people. We were advised not to lay on hands directly, but always to keep some distance, so people could not say, they were pushed. But they fell anyway. For me and my wife we got revived,

Could be psychological...You'd be surprised what the mind can do to the body...

Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,925,052 times
The day of Pentecost in the book of Acts people heard their home languages from around the known world , but among the same group listening, said it was gibberish they were accused of being drunk first thing in the morning.

This is not an unusual phenomenon , I have acquaintance that traveled the world and visited a church when some one stood and spoke english . After the service excited to find another english speaking person, was stunned to find that person that spoke knew no english at all, but the detail of the message were spot on.
It is my understanding that Tongues are not an end but a beginning. An this is where so many fail.
Speaking in tongues is a lesson in obedience in listening and responding to what the Spirit of God is guiding.
When you learn math there are principles you do not comprehend but fallow because you are instructed to ,later on you understand the principles and it all makes sense.
Saying the words one is given ,being yielded to God for this, is much the same ,not having to understand the words merely being obedient in faith responding. When you come to the place God can speak to you in the language you easily understand now the step of faith is even more significant when obeying what you are told. More accountable in comprehension and execution of instructions.
God would that all men that loved Him were prophets. God told Moses.
When the Spirit teaches me to pray for some one ,I say what I'm given and I have no evidence to speak otherwise ,God witnesses in the heart of the person in need and opens a door of faith .
Tongues no longer become necessary when you are obedient with what the Spirit of God is instructing you.
One of the most important requests of the disciples was ,teach us to pray.
This only the Holy Spirit can do.
Men try but it's really God's job.
If you are still using the same language you learned from the beginning , let God teach you more than that. Be hungry be desperate be honest and transparent with God .
Give Him license to clean house in you, and take you further.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,890 times
Quote:
Well, my experience if of G-d, would have the whole congregation falling out because His presence would have filled the sanctuary...
Richard the presence of God can be different in manifestation. That nobody could stand happened, I forgot the town in USA. First every one of the quire fell, than the pastor went to the pulpit, which was split into two pieces and the pastor was thrown some meters backwards and lay there for two hours. the people went forward repenting. when the next service was scheduled, people that reached the entrance could not stand. There was revival in the town at the university, even a congregation that did not believe in tongues began to speak in tongues.
If you would make a study what happened in revival in history you will find such phenomena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity