Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2014, 10:47 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

In less than two weeks from this date, the website address in the original post will be discontinued because the new website is now online.

The new address is Dean Bible Ministries - Salvation (2002)

These are the topics covered in each class.

1 - Introduction: What is Salvation?

2 - Why Does God Save Us?

3 - The Complex Sin Problem

4 - God's Manifold Grace Solution

5 - Unlimited Atonement: Substitution, Redemption

6 - Propitiation, Imputation

7 - Imputation, Justification

8 - Legal Guilt, Justification

9 - Regeneration

10 - Position in Christ, Reconciliation

11 - Eternal Security

12 - What is Faith?

13 - Does Saving Faith Produce Works?

14 - Does Saving Faith Necessarily Produce Works?

15 - Role of Works in Salvation

16 - Parable of the Soil

17 - Redemption and Forgiveness Special

Dean Bible Ministries - Salvation (2002)

Old 02-22-2014, 08:27 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
The website cited spends much time attempting to pound a round peg through a square hole.

Scriptures need to be understood holistically rather than being forced into the narrow gap of a few verses.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:21 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus gave us the instructions to "love God and each other" because that is HOW we come to know God and Jesus . . . and eternal life is to know God and His Son Jesus.

John 17:3 (King James Version)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 4:7 (King James Version)

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
Isn't saying the sinners prayer enough? I am hit with the 'declaration' every Sunday that, is it. Read Mike555's post #112 which agrees that, it is.
Absolutely not. Fortunately, it doesn't matter what you think about salvation or say you believe about Jesus and God . . . because we have nothing to do with it! Jesus did it for us. The sinner's prayer is religious nonsense promoted "of the churches, by the churches, and for the churches." Christ's instructions to His disciples is our task . . . "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't. That is HOW we "know God and Jesus."

Old 02-23-2014, 03:10 AM

441 posts, read 392,219 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. Fortunately, it doesn't matter what you think about salvation or say you believe about Jesus and God . . . because we have nothing to do with it! Jesus did it for us. The sinner's prayer is religious nonsense promoted "of the churches, by the churches, and for the churches." Christ's instructions to His disciples is our task . . . "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't. That is HOW we "know God and Jesus."
Good! Now put it into action and be saved. In that, learning the ways of God is mandatory. Do you believe salvation is yours if you have no desire to know Him __as Jesus did?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:47 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
The 'sinner's prayer' is simply an expression of the fact that a person recognizes that he is in need of salvation and that Jesus made eternal salvation possible, and so trusts in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. Contrary to your claims, all men are not already saved. The Bible very clearly states that we are all born spiritually dead and remain in that state until or unless when place our faith in Christ.
Ephesians 2:1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
This is a reference to spiritual death which is a state of separation from God. All unbeliever's are spiritually dead.

Paul then goes on to say that we are saved by grace though faith (in Christ Jesus) and not by works. (Ephesians 2:8-9) And that Paul is referring to our faith in Christ is made clear in passages such as Romans 4:1-6.

Your continued assertions that what we think about Jesus doesn't matter regarding the issue of eternal life is your own personal opinion and is simply not supported by the Bible, but is in fact plainly contradicted by the Bible. John 3:15-16, 36; 6:40,47; 8:24; Acts 16:30-31 just to name a few.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-23-2014 at 10:06 AM..

Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Christians who believe you need works for salvation, what kind of works? What about people who can't do anything in this life for the kingdom (sick, mentally ill, handicapped) but only have a relationship with the Lord? Do you consider praying, reading the Bible and worshipping works then?
Works will flow out of our relationship with Christ. I do works because I want to, not because I have to. Christ's work is a finished work. There's nothing I (or anyone ) can add to it. My salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone.

Romans 4 and 5 are great chapters for this as well as Galatians 3 and Hebrews 7-10.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:21 AM

441 posts, read 392,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Works will flow out of our relationship with Christ. I do works because I want to, not because I have to. Christ's work is a finished work. There's nothing I (or anyone ) can add to it. My salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone.
So He says purify your Heart and soul now that you are saved. How does that fit it?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:40 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Scriptures need to be understood holistically rather than being forced into the narrow gap of a few verses.
Mainstream thought is limited to its own view; a system of condemnation.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:48 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
So He says purify your Heart and soul now that you are saved. How does that fit it?
Heb 10:9-10
9 Then said He, Lo , I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

1 Cor 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed , but ye are sanctified , but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Rom 3:26-28
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded . By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Rom 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

2 Cor 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM

817 posts, read 739,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Heb 10:9-10
9 Then said He, Lo , I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

1 Cor 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed , but ye are sanctified , but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Rom 3:26-28
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded . By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Rom 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

2 Cor 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Well it was actually TWO who were disobedient...and it wasn't even the Man who started it, but it was Eve who did it first.

Funny how Paul doesn't mention this, but tries to draw a nice perfect parallel between 1 man messing it up, and 1 man fixing it. Except that really isn't how it happened. It sounds nice though.

However, iF we wanted to fit the parallel perfectly...we should have had a female Messiah crucified alongside Jesus. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity